Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss
Options

New and having a miscarriage

Hello, I found out yesterday that i'm miscarrying. I was 8 weeks. Dr did 2 scans to confirm and I had to decide what to do. I chose the cytotec option as I just wanted the whole experience to be over as soon as possible and they couldn't get me in for a D&C until next week. I took it when I got home and had the worst cramping ever and threw up the Tylenol/codeine pain meds. I thought I was going to pass out a couple of times. I think I passed some tissue before the cramping subsided and this morning it's just blood like a heavy period. Is the worst over now or will I have more cramping and tissue to pass? I have my follow up apt next Thursday. I'm kind of numb and sad about this loss. DH has been great so far looking after me but he doesn't seem sad. Maybe it's just his way of coping. We're not looking forward to telling our family, they were all so excited. Urgh this sucks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: New and having a miscarriage

• Options

I think its good to remember that everyone is different and has different experiences. That being said I asked the same question, just looking for something to compare it to. I was about 8 weeks as well. My experience was like this:

Monday - Saturday: Brown then red spotting, back pain, mild cramping. 

Sunday: light bleeding, cramping, back pain. 

Monday Morning: Heavy cramping, super painful, passed tissues/clots, lots of blood. All day heavy bleeding like a very heavy period. 

Tuesday to today: cramping (more of an annoyance, and somewhat painful but not too, too bad. I'm not taking anything because I don't want to numb it out in case it gets really bad). The bleeding has lessened with each day.Some clots/tissue each day, but nothing compared to Monday.

Hope that helps. Everyone's situation is different but that was mine. 

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"