LGBT Parenting
Options

Hello & Happy Friday!

I'm new to theBump.  Have lurked around a while but just getting into posting over the past few weeks.  I would like to introduce myself because I'm finding proper LGBT communities hard to come by!

My name is Alana and I am just a few weeks pregnant with my first bump.  I'm a single gay woman, co-parenting with my straight male best friend.  We are roommates and decided to go ahead with artificial insem about a year ago.  (I used a Softcup and it worked the first try with one insemination.)  He's 31 and a professor, I'm 27 and a 911 dispatcher.. of course we're excited but also being very cautious these first few months through.

I'm keeping an online blog of our co-parenting adventures since we have been hard pressed to find any sort of related reading material, but it's not public right now and probably won't be until my 8 week scan.

Hope you are all well and enjoying your Friday. :)

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Hello & Happy Friday!

• Options
    Welcome!  I love proper introductions after some time lurking.  Congrats on your pregnancy and a H&H 9 months to you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Congratulations and welcome!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Welcome ... I think this boars has a great bunch of people on it. Hope you have a happy and health 9month!

Nolo press has some info on co parenting. The book is mainly about creating legal boundaries its called A legal guide for lesbian and gay couples - has lots of contract info.

I also found  this book helpful

Anyhow, Welcome and congratulations on your bump!

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome and thank you for the information, 2moms.  I will check those out.
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"