Baby Showers

What are some good or unique games and activites for a shower

I am asking for my mom and MIL who are throwing my shower, it's not for a couple more months but we're trying to get a rough plan of ideas.  We are all pretty much shower rookies lol. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What are some good or unique games and activites for a shower

• Pin the Diaper on the Baby. bought a poster of a baby w. a diaper, traced the diaper shape and cut out a few for ppl to "pin" on the baby. pretty funny to see where these land when they have been turned around and around and their eyes closed.
  • oh, a friend told me about this one and I loved it: the host can buy a bunch of plain onesies and the guests can decorate them. Make sure to buy different sizes so baby can wear them over time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Guess the candy bar,

Melt a bunch of different mini candy bars in diapers.  (melt in microwave then squish into diaper)

Have everyone guess what type of candy bar it is, the point is to make it look like a dirty diaper. 

• baby bingo is easy and a classic. - guests get a grid, fill in what they think you will get and then check it off as you open gifts. it is good because people dont feel like they "have to participate" but it sort of makes them pay attention to what your opening.

also there is a baby pin game where everyone gets one: every time someone says baby and another person catches them they have to steal they're baby pin. whoever has the most wins a prize.

"what is mom wearing" - you would be there to greet everyone then you leave for a little bit, each person gets a list of questions about what you were wearing, what you looked like, small details ie: earrings, shoes, rings etc. whoever remebers the most of your outfit wins.

the belly measure - everyone gets a ball of string or toliet paper they have to measure out what they think your circumferance is- whoever is closets wins. - i personally hate this game but some people love it - it could be fun.

these are just a few, some people hate games, some people love them, but some people also feel forced to play them and that is a bummer.

i guess i would say keep in mind the cheese factor while planning games.

• When guest come in have them write down their guess on how many bibs (socks, bows etc. whatever you want) you get then while opening gifts set them aside and count at the end.  Prize for the winner

Baby song game, have ppl write as many songs they can think of with baby in the title.... in 2 mins

TV family Trivia come up with different trivia questions re TV and cartoon families....ie: flinstones, jetsons, cosby, everybody loves raymond......

• If you like scrapbooking, buy supplies so the guests can make a "fill in" scrapbook page for you.
    imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Some games I've done that went over well:

guess the number in the jar (can be M&Ms, diaper pins, cotton balls, etc)

a variation to "what the mom-to-be is wearing" is to have her take a tray around that is filled with baby-related items.  Tell everyone to look closely and it is a memory game (DO NOT mention the tray at all).  Then once mom-to-be walks out of the room ask them questions about mom-to-be (is she wearing earrings, rings, necklace, socks/hose, what color is this and that)

baby bingo played when gifts are opened.  People mark the corresponding square.  I decided not to let guests fill in their own spaces though because I found that they just put their own stuff on there in a row (if they have given multiple items).  I just make them up ahead of time.

I got a really cute game from another poster about a year or so ago and have used it twice and guests love it.  I bought a wrist corsage with 2 flowers on it with some ribbon and leaves.  I put it in a box and put a lot of bubble wrap around the box to protect it.  I then wrapped the box in layers and layers of different colored/patterned tissue paper.  We had music playing and all the while it was playing the box was passed from guest to guest.  When the music stopped the guest holding it would take off one layer of tissue paper (hence the reason for different colors/patterns)...then the music started again until the last bit of tissue is taken off.  At the beginning of the game you tell the guests that in the box is a pair of bloomers (do not say flowers, etc) and that whoever takes off the last layer of tissue has to wear the bloomers for the rest of the shower.  I do this game toward the beginning of the shower.  It is sort of like a "hot potato" because who wants to wear bloomers?  and the box gets literally thrown (in a gentle way).  If some guests do not know what bloomers are have someone who does know explain.  The guest who "wins" is pleasantly surprised when she finds it is a corsage she gets to wear and not a pair of underwear!  The largest shower I did this at had about 40 people there...and I had wrapped it 15 times.  I really only took about 15-20 minutes.  Don't play the music a long time (maybe 10-15 seconds).

Another easy and inexpensive game is baby word scramble...just mix up baby words and have the guests write down what they are.  This is a timed game.

• Well, these aren't games or activities, but we had a basket full of "Advice for the Mom-to-be" cards for people to fill out. I really enjoyed reading them with my husband after the shower.

We also had a matted "signature" frame set up for guests to sign with words of love to baby (or to us).

I thought both of these things were nice, personal touches. :)

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Someone already said about the clothespin game and guessing your belly size.  They are fun. 

Also I played before where you pick safety pins out of a bowl of rice.  You would think it's easy but its hard.  That was fun.

• I threw one years ago when myself and a pregnant friend were only 21.  We came up with this game based on some of our current extracurricular activities during that time in our lives.  Wink I bought a bunch of plastic bottles at Walmart, and filled them with juice (apple works great) and had any guests who wanted to try "chugging" them for a prize.  It's pretty funny since most don't realize how hard it is with those tiny holes. 

The candy bar diaper game is pretty fun and very popular.  I went to one with a variation on that - a "guess the baby food game" - though it wasn't as well received since some flavors of baby food are gross.  

If you really want to do something sweet for the shower honoree, ask guests to bring a pack of diapers for a raffle prize.  Pick a decent prize so people get excited about it.  Most of all, the new mom will love it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"