Two Under 2

Bed transition Q

So I can't remember if my siggy is working, but LO#1 will be 21 months when LO#2 is born.

What did you do with sleeping? We co-slept with Drew, and are just now having him in his own bed about 80% of the night. We will co-sleep with #2, as our bedroom is on a different floor and it just makes sleeping easier for us.  So LO2 will only need his crib for naps for about the first 6-8 months.

Would you start transitioning LO#1 to a twin, toddler bed, or buy another crib?

TIA 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bed transition Q

• We transitioned DS to a toddler bed at 18.5 months, and only about a week before DD was born.  (Ideally we would have liked to transition him sooner, but we were able to get the bed until just before DD was scheduled to arrive.)

He has done really well.  He's gotten out of bed a few times, but we put the gate in his door so he can't leave his room.  DH still has to lay on the floor next to him while he falls asleep, but it's usually only 10-15 minutes.  DS takes naps in his toddler bed just fine, and he used to take all of his naps on our bed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I bedshared with DD1, until she was 12 months old.  Around that time, I cut out night nursing and she started STTN in her crib.  Her crib converts to a toddler bed & then a full.  I decided that I wanted her contained as long as possible, so we bought another lifetime crib for DD2, even though she sleeps in bed with me.  I'll probably transition DD1 to a toddler bed around 2.5-3, sooner if she tries to climb out.

Do you have a pnp LO#2 could nap in?  You could probably get away with not buying another crib and going with a twin bed & rail.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Loading the player...
  • We went ahead and transitioned DD#1 to a toddler bed a month ago.  She is doing very well and has not had any issues about wanting to be in the crib or anything.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"