January 2011 Moms
Options

X-Mas Eve & X-Mas Babies

So lil one decided to come on 12-24 and I am so sick of people saying "oh poor guy is going to get screwed". So that being said what are you planning to do so that lil one doesn't get "screwed" out of Christmas and B-Day presents/parties. I know its a little early to start thinking about this but I am curious :)

Re: X-Mas Eve & X-Mas Babies

• Options
    LO was born 12.28, and we will do a half birthday for her. We also won't combine presents for her real bday with Christmas gifts. I read in the Parenting magazine that the half birthdays is the route people are taking with the Christmas babies.
  • Options

I was born on Thanksgiving, so I have a good idea how super it is to have your birthday eclipsed by a holiday.  When you're little it sucks a lot, but when you're older it's honestly a little embarrassing.  In my 12/24 baby's case, if nothing else, I know she'll always have school off on her birthday!  The funny part is, H & I had come to a hard-fought agreement, that we wouldn't be letting our kids open presents on Xmas Eve.  So much for that.

I think we'll either do the party after New Years' or a half-birthday thing, because the weekends around her birthday are going to be really hectic, and trying to get people together on her actual birthday would be right up.  I do think we'll try to get her at least one small birthday gift for the day of, maybe something like a piece of birthstone jewelry every year.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't have a Christmas Eve or Christmas baby but my cousin was born on Christmas day and the first half of the day is set aside for the traditional Christmas stuff and the second half of the day is to celebrate her birthday.
    Eliza 
    Married to a pharmacist
    Mother of two boys, three girls, and one more little boy on the way!
    Two time miscarriage survivor.
    So happy to be expecting our sixth child in August 2017!

Pregnancy Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageBountifulbride:
    I don't have a Christmas Eve or Christmas baby but my cousin was born on Christmas day and the first half of the day is set aside for the traditional Christmas stuff and the second half of the day is to celebrate her birthday.

My brother is a Christmas day baby and this is exactly what we did growing up.  My birthday is 12/18 and LO was born 12/22.  I'm not too concerned because it wasn't ever a huge issue for me growing up. I don't think my brother ever really minded until he got older and wanted to go out with friends to celebrate his birthday.  Hard to celebrate your 21st when all the bars are closed!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I was born on 12/28 and it kinda sucked cuz I was always out of school so I never got to enjoy the day with my friends (they were all visiting family) and have baloons delivered or anything like that. and, because all my friends were all out of town and i never got to have a real "party" for my birthday.....my mom and dad threw me a birthday party in the summer.  it was AWESOME!  so, i celebrated with my family around my real birthday and then got to have a BBQ "little kid" crazy party with all my school friends.  again, this was when i was little though...not once i got into junior high or anything.
  • Options
    DS was born on 12.20, and we did his 1st birthday party on 12.12. We'll probably do a party either before/after Christmas, and on his actual birthday have a special day for him with his parents/grandparents.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD Was born Christmas Eve... Even though she was due 1/25. We really didn't expect a Christmas baby, so we didn't really have a plan in terms of this, but I feel really bad for her! I think we will probably do a half birthday, but I don't know. I'm open to suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"