Baby Showers
Options

Throwing a couples baby shower this weekend, help please!!

I posted on my local board, but haven't heard anything and I'm inpatient! We are throwing a movie/Hollywood themed baby shower this weekend. I have a few final questions:

1. We are serving hot dogs, nachos, cupcakes, popcorn, and candy as favors. Should we have any other food? Pizza? It's at 8, because we didn't want to have to be responsible for providing a real full dinner.

2. We will have beer and wine and some liquor. Do you think we should stick with a themed cocktail? Any recs?

3. We were going to do a couple of games: Match the celebrity with their baby and Charades for movie titles with baby themes. Any other ideas for those? They did a Price is Right type game at her other shower....

Thanks y'all! I'm excited but ready to have this shower done, it's stressing me out!

Re: Throwing a couples baby shower this weekend, help please!!

• Options
    I think that I'd stick to the food you'd planned, which seems like a lot to me,since it is at 8pm. If people are still hungry and YOU want to, you could always order a pizza later and have it delivered. As for the drinks, I think providing beer and wine is generous and wouldn't expect there to be mixed drinks. If you wanted to provide one, it might be fun to do a themed cocktail...maybe sometime of martini and name it something baby related?! I can't help with games...I have no good ideas there! :) Good luck!
  • Options

1. We are serving hot dogs, nachos, cupcakes, popcorn, and candy as favors. Should we have any other food? Pizza? It's at 8, because we didn't want to have to be responsible for providing a real full dinner.

That sounds like plenty - I don't think you need anymore!

2. We will have beer and wine and some liquor. Do you think we should stick with a themed cocktail? Any recs?

Again, I don't think you need more. Beer and wine sound great.

3. We were going to do a couple of games: Match the celebrity with their baby and Charades for movie titles with baby themes. Any other ideas for those? They did a Price is Right type game at her other shower....

I love the match the celebrity with the baby idea! Another fun one I've heard of is to give a clue about pregnancy/babies and the answer is a candy bar. Whoever guesses the answer correctly gets that candy bar. For example:

• Hospital address (5th Avenue)
    • Late to hospital (Rocky Road)
    • Anesthesiologist (Mr. Goodbar)
    • Epidurals* (Life Savers)
    • Delivery doctor (Butterfinger)
    • Labor and delivery nurses* (Sweet Tarts)
    • Daddy during delivery* (Bonkers)
    • Umbilical cord* (Twizzlers)
    • Hospital nursery*(Cry Babies )
    • Hospital bills (100 Grand)
    • Hospital accountants* (Nerds)
    Google "baby shower games + candy bar" for more ideas

My little man at 0-1-2
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest Pin me baby!
    BabyFruit Ticker http://mamasaywhat.com/

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Our couples shower was last weekend and it was so much fun! I would have more food...to me, 8 pm is dinner time! As a guest, I wouldn't eat before the party. They had a themed cocktail at mine, but everyone pretty much stuck to beer and wine, so it was kind of a waste (there were about 30 guests). We played two REALLY short games, both kind of related to drinking and o really wouldn't suggest any more. People weren't reallyinto the games, they just wanted to mingle. Ours started at 6:30 and people stayed until 1 am, so I don't think anyone was bored without games!
  • Options
    I wouldn't add pizza, but I would add 1 or 2 healthy options for guests (fresh veggies + dip, fruit and cheese platter).  Personally, I wouldn't eat hot dogs, nachos or popcorn :(
  • Options

I agree with the the other posters. Beer and wine and the food planned you have great. Everyone always eats a vegetable plate, too! If it is a hollywood theme, some sparkling wine in champagne glasses may be fun, too. But not everyone drinks champagne, so I would not advise buying a lot of it.

For the last baby shower I threw, I used a few celebrity magazines to create a "match the baby to his/her mommy" game....I just cut out the photos, made a template, and then made color copies. It was a huge hit.

Also, I think its fun to pass around a small journal/notebook for shower guests to write a little note to the parents-to-be.

First cycle of Clomid created one follicle=BFN Second cycle of Clomid created two follicles=BFN Break cycle= did not ovulate Third cycle of Clomid, 75mg, two follicles=BFN First IUI cycle with Clomid + Follistim=BFN First IVF Cycyle February 2012 Egg Retrieval on 2-14-2012 {13 follicles, 9 fertilized} Embryo Transfer on 2-19-2012 {Two blasts transferred} 6 snowbabies BETA #1 on 2/28 = 186 BETA #2 on 3/1=346 BETA #3 on 3/6 = 2,499 1st ultrasound on 3/13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"