TTC After a Loss
Options

Abdominal pain after HSG

For those of you who have had an HSG done, how long did the cramping last?  I was doing really well immediately after the test, but now I am having abdominal pain.  It doesn't really feel like cramps and is worse than my last couple of AFs.  I took 800 mg of ibuprofen about an hour ago and it doesn't seem to be doing anything at all. 

Has anyone else experienced this, or should I call the on call Doctor?

TTC #1 since 8/09
BFP#1 - 9/2/10, EDD 5/14/11, Twins Hannah and Liam lost 11/7/10 @ 13w1d.
BFP #2 - 2/9/11, EDD 10/13/11, LO lost 2/13/11 @ 5w4d
BFP #3 - 5/9/11, DS born 1/13/12

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
~*~My BFP Chart~*~Our Story~*~
~*~Labor Buddies with Sweet Turnip - Welcome Baby Girl 2/23/12 & Aluenna - Welcome Ivy 1/6/12~*~

Re: Abdominal pain after HSG

• Options
    im sorry eris : (  i have no experience.  but i know several who have had this done...this coupled with what i have read as well, what you are going through seems normal.  if it persists very badly tomorrow evening then maybe call the doc?
  • Options

and for what it's worth, i had a saline test done a couple years ago...i was fine when it happened (although i was so scared i had a valium beforehand) but for the rest of the day/night i had cramping with it.  i think it was better the next day.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

When I had mine done, like you, I didn't have pain during or after, but later that night.  I'd say pour a glass of red wine (I don't know why, but red wine works for cramps on me when nothing else does, and I used to have hideous cramps when I had my fibroids) and if it gets much worse, call the dr tonight and if it is still bothering you in the morning, to call then.

Hope you feel better!

DD2- May 2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 1/26/11- missed m/c @ 12 weeks
  • Options
    Oh ((hugs)), sorry you are in pain! That one didn't cause me really any cramping...the biopsy of my uterine lining, now that b@#ch hurt! I think cramping is a pretty common side effect though. Did your dr have you take any antibiotics ahead of time? Mine did to try to make sure I had no bacteria in me that could increase any chance of infection afterward. I'm certainly no dr, but I would say you are ok unless the pain becomes unbearable or you start to have vomiting or fever or something like that. You know your body though. If you are worried you should contact your dr...
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagetootlebug:

and for what it's worth, i had a saline test done a couple years ago...i was fine when it happened (although i was so scared i had a valium beforehand) but for the rest of the day/night i had cramping with it.  i think it was better the next day.

I also had the saline test done because I am allergic to iodine. It is pretty much the same thing thing only saline instead of contrast dye. I also spotted a bit for the next day or so after the test...That was in November.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm sorry you're in pain. I had a lot of cramping after my HSG, and it wasn't just like cramping cramps either. I was fine the next day. But if you're really worried, call the doctor.
    Suze
    TTC#1 since May 2009
    PCOS * Hypothyroid

Bean - BFP May 26, 2010. EDD Feb 3, 2011. Natural Miscarriage 8w5d - June 29, 2010.
    Pumpkin - BFP Feb 8, 2011. EDD Oct 21, 2011. Natural Miscarriage 6w3d - Feb 28, 2011.

Femera started November 2014. 3 rounds, no luck. Moving to IUI.
    March 2015: IUI#1 - nope.
    May 2015: IUI#2 - nada.
    October 2015: IUI#3 - BFP on Nov 2, 2015! *stick baby stick!*

• Options
    Sorry you are not feeling well and in pain my friend.  :(    I am hoping you are able to sleep tonight and get rest but if it is still painful tomorrow, call Dr.   (hugs)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Sorry your uncomfortable... I had the same experience in the middle of the night after mine. I was told the dye itself can cause some irritation to your peritoneum(lining of your abdomen filled with nerve endings) Mine went away by morning so I hope you feel better fast!!
    BFP #1 6/18/10 Saw HB 7/15/10 Missed M/C 8/17/10 @ 12 weeks 2 days- 2 D&C's( 8/20 and 8/26) BFP#2 11/21/10 Nonviable at 5wks, possible ectopic. Methotrexate 12/3/10&12/9/10 BFP#3 3/10/11 Beta@12dpo 39 Beta@14dpo 160! 21 DPO 2439 HB at 7wks 127 EDD 11/17/11
    ITS A BOY!!!! Born 11/13/11 BFP #4: 10/29/12 edd 7/11/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"