Babies: 0 - 3 Months

Gerber good start and smelly poop? (maybe tmi)

My daughter is on gerber goodstart and her poop has been very smelly and her gas smelly as well.  However, at least she is passing the gas and isn't holding it in.  Anyone else having this with this particular formula?  The pedi says he hears that on this formula a lot in the beginning but once they adjust it is actually a very good formula to stay on because it is easier on the digestive system.  I can not believe how smelly the poop is though!
DD (8/12/09), DD (2/8/11)
BFP 12/16/14| EDD 8/19/15 |MMC 1/15/15 (9 weeks 1 day)

Re: Gerber good start and smelly poop? (maybe tmi)

• I actually just did a formula comparison on my blog. I pump, but don't get enough so we've had to start supplementing with formula. I noticed the same thing when we tried Good Start - her poop was really dark and smelly, not to mention it gave her bad diarrhea. As soon as we changed formula (we're still trying to find the right one) it got much better. She still is very gassy though (she's been like that since day one though).
  • Oh yes, our LO's poops are super smelly, they make me gag! and she also passes smelly gas a lot as well.

She has been on Gerber Good Start Protect Plus for about 6 weeks now....the poops are still horribly smelly, but in my opinion, it makes no difference, all babies have smelly poopy diapers. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Same here!! Thinking about switching. Not sure what to do. She has really explosive poops too. Smelly and explosive. Deadly combo. :)
  • My little Ian is on good start gentle plus  and has the the really smelly poops and very very gassy!!!   I started out EBF but  had an infection from the c-section so had another surgery and 10 days of cipro. Milk supply is very low now so i have been giving the formula and breast milk. I really want to switch to maybe enfamil but afraid we may have the same problem.   So i can totally relate ladies!!!!
  • Just switched from Enfamil to Gerber Goodstart Gentle Plus.  It's only been 2 days and her gas is SUPER SMELLY!!! lol  I'm like the other ladies...she has gas still but at least it doesn't hurt her and i'd rather have smelly gas than a screaming LO :)  So far so good on this formula. Going to stick with it and hopefully  it works.
  • My almost 15 week old son has been on this formula for 2 weeks now. We switched to this formula because the Similac Sensitive was not working with his gas. This formula does seem to help with his gas but I have to say, it does make his poo stink HORRIBLY!! It is almost so bad to where I gag. It makes me wonder how that could not be hurting his little tummy.  And yes, his farts stink just as bad. I always think he poo’d his pants.  I am glad his gas is better but I wish the smell wasn’t so horrendous. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"