Pregnant after 35

** PG > 35 Weekly Check-In + QOTW ~ February 22, 2011 **

Welcome to the Pregnant after 35 Weekly Check-In! I'll try to get the Check-In posted on Tuesdays (or late on Mondays), so I'll try that from now on, unless anyone has suggestions for a better day.

If you would like to be added to the check-in, just reply to this post with:

your screen name
first name (optional)
due date
sex of baby (if known, or will it be a surprise?)

Please let me know if you have any updates and/or edits that need to be made.  Also, if I missed any births please let me know so we can celebrate with you!

Congrats to the New January Mommy:

Deanne Shehane:  Jan 21 (EDD Jan 25) - Robert "Ford" V

Any updates on other January or February EDD mommies???

Sending lots of *easy labor vibes* to our moms who are "almost there". :)

Pregnant Moms by Due Date:

February 2011
Cosnowbaby (Leslie):  02/11/11 ? Girl
jlb3873 (Jamie): 02/14/11 - Boy
Teacherlizzie (Lizzie): 02/14/11
Symharmony (Michele): 02/17/11 ? Surprise
manyblsngs (Stephanie): 02/23/11 - Surprise
Mommy2Ajani+1 (Alicia): 02/27/11

March 2011
Kayteagirl: 03/03/11
Robynjdm: 03/09/11
Junebugg2271 (Lisa): 03/14/11 - Boy
RyaSilly03 (Liz):  03/16/11
jannymcg:  03/16/11 - Twins (Girls)
HipMomma (Jenn):  03/21/11
elmelautumn (Mel): 03/22/11 - Boy
pa_kris: 03/22/11
Sshruff1: 03/25/2011
Lkingery (Laura):  03/28/11
Jens38 (Jen):  03/28/11
TheCricket:  03/28/2011
His Super Girl: 03/29/11

April 2011
ballmom (Amy):  04/01/11
HMWM (Heather):  04/02/11 ? Surprise
Chrishvny (Christine):  4/02/11
Seafan11: 04/06/11
comfortable:  04/10/11
Anniebpgh (Annie): 04/18/11
Oliverncherie (Cherie): 04/18/11
JilliansMoma: 04/25/11 - Surprise
prayingforone: 04/25/11 ? Twins (Boys)
99christine99 (Christine): 04/26/11

May 2011
Shelleyk34 (Shelley): 05/02/11
CharBart (Char): 05/04/11 - Twins (Boys)
suz4t (Suzanne): 05/09/11
MrsDL: 05/11/11 - Boy
miricard35: 05/14/11
kristennd (Kristen): 05/15/11 - Surprise
funkymama: 05/16/11
MrsPerrin (Maria): 05/18/11
Vincent (Jennifer): 05/22/11 - Surprise
mcwhittaker (Michelle): 05/26/11 - Girl
kikijbird (Kiki/Erica): 05/28/11 - Surprise
Mrs_M: 05/28/11 - Boy

June 2011
NovNYC2006 (Michelle): 06/01/11 - Surprise
rhiainhm (Rhiain): 06/01/11
calibride2005: 06/02/11
Smileygirl75 (Ada): 06/07/11 - Girl
Jaytee501: 06/10/11 - Boy
LeesMyBaby: 06/11/11
MelPelu: 06/12/11 - Girl
dianah36 (Diana): 06/13/11 - Girl
Simonaaaa (Simona): 06/17/11 - Surprise
dannie2011 (Danielle): 06/19/11 - Girl
Butterflygirl2271 (Renee): 06/20/11 - Boy
BrandySun (Brandy): 06/21/11 - Surprise
Pearly609: 06/28/11 - Boy

July 2011
honeylizb (Liz): 07/01/11
LauraLynneC (LauraLynne): 07/08/11
figsandolives (Tina): 07/12/11 - Surprise
shinergirl (Stephanie): 07/12/11
srhartline (Sandy): 07/13/11 - Boy
Woodwife (Claire): 07/16/11
HisEarth (Senitra): 07/17/11 - Boy
ssull1974 (Shannon): 07/18/11
BarefootContessa: 07/19/11
njohnson1972 (Natasha): 07/25/11 - Surprise
Peppernut (Amy): 07/27/11 - Girl
johnsonjeril (Jeri): 07/31/11 - Twins
Married2MrPooh: 07/31/11

August 2011
Hocus: 08/02/11
Melanie1119 (Melanie): 08/04/11 - Surprise?
queenalexandra (Alex): 08/04/11
iItsmevkb (Kelly): 08/07/11
Jen&Louie (Jen): 08/08/11 - Surprise
ElectoRed (Michelle): 08/15/11
stephb7i (Steph): 08/21/11
Alliapistor (Allison): 08/23/11
fabfive (Kim): 08/25/11
Jennairess (Jen): 08/31/11

September 2011
MissyOlivePants (Stacy): 09/01/11
Tanyajill (Tanya): 09/03/11 - Surprise
rpm22 (Robin): 09/05/11
SFAug07 (Kathi): 09/10/11
tinkerbelle (Vanesa): 09/12/11
ciarhwyfar (Kierin): 09/19/11
AZ_legacy (Susan): 09/20/11
JenlovesDon (Jen): 09/21/11
alfontaine (April): 09/24/11 - Surprise
tlc7068 (Tracy): 09/27/11

October 2011
cfitz16 (Cheryl): 10/19/11
Haribo1: 10/20/11

Gender Stats:   Team Blue: 14; Team Pink: 9; Team Green: 18; Unknown: 53

Updates: How are you feeling?  Any events/news to share?  New pregnancy symptoms, or any that have disappeared?

Question of the Week (QOTW):
(Courtesy of Peppernut!) What about names?  Do you have a name or short list of names picked out?   Will you be telling anyone before it's written on the birth certificate, or is it a secret to everyone?

**If you have ideas for future QOTW, let me know (either post question ideas with your update, PM me, or email me at kikijbird at gmail dot com)!**

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
photo by Scott Metzger
kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

Re: ** PG > 35 Weekly Check-In + QOTW ~ February 22, 2011 **

• Updates: Not much change since last week .. I did get to see the LO again yesterday at my OB appt.  Both Drs (Peri & OB) are very concerned about the growing fibroid, my OB even told me to start thinking C-section Huh?

We picked a name years ago & have decided to stick with it .. Micah Deon (boy) or Micah Dion (girl).  H wanted the LO to have his initials.

BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Updates: I passed my 1 hour glucose test. My blood pressure seems to have stabilized over the last few days (probably something to do with the 4 day weekend), and the doctor confirmed that the reason I'm getting cramps in my side and firmness throughout my abdomen after walking for 20 minutes is Braxton Hicks. I start seeing the OB every 2 weeks now, and I have a peri appointment next week for another attempt at completing our "anatomy scan".  They also want do to a Fetal Non Stress Test at my next visit along with my Rho shot.

Question of the Week: I think we've settled on Morgan Elizabeth. My Mom and Mother in Law know it's on the short list, but we don't plan on doing any announcements until she's born. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm okay, mostly.  Right after I got over being sick I got sick again, and now both Margaux and I are feeling yucky.  Feverish, achy, and I have a chunky cough.  :(

No movement yet, stupid anterior placenta!

We are just starting to compile our list, girl names only, thank goodness.  We will do then same as we did with Margaux, and wait until the name's on the birth certificate!  We *might* reveal our list this time, but I am kind of against it.  I don't want anyone disappointed if we don't pick their favorite.

Here's a possible question for next week...  What is or was the first thing you bought for the new baby?  If you haven't bought anything yet, at what point do you think you will?  How far along were you or will you be when you felt okay to shop?

You are likely to be eaten by a grue. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Doing well, no change from last week. Still not showing and feeling very un-pregnant. As I am approaching end of first trimester, I allow myself to believe it's actually happening! Have set up my NT scan and potential amnio which we will cancel if NT scan and bloodwork show a good risk profile.

We are waiting to think about names until we know what it will be. We won't be sharing names, same as we did last time. Sarah actually decided on her own name. We had two names picked out (Julia and Sarah) and everybody kept telling us to wait until she is here and then we'd know. So she came out and we looked at each other, and still couldn't decide what she looked like other than a newborn. So we put a coin on her head and tilted her a little so it fell down, and it was heads = Sarah. Good story to tell her.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Updates: The nausea is getting worse.  I am grateful it is not every day (more of every other day), but it seems to be lasting longer each time.  However, I am thinking of it as the little bean's way of saying hello. At least I am not vomiting.  I have my first OB appointment and US scheduled on March 8.  I am anxiously awaiting that appointment and hope for good news. I hope some of my stress will lessen.

Question of the Week: We have started discussing names we like and have a few favorites.  I think we will be sharing the names with others if anyone asks. 

• Updates:  Feeling great.  My fluid level is staying constant at 11 after a nervous time last month when it was low at 7.  Now that I'm drinking a gallon of water a day, it seems to be helping.

QOTW:  Our name is Caitlyn Mae.  I've had that name for the last 20 years I think.  Just fell in love with Caitlyn....although DH says he wants it to start with a K.  Luckily, he didn't argue with me about the name. :)  (He said he didn't hate it and didn't have any other name he liked better).  LOL!  This will be his 3rd, but my 1st, so it seems I get my way probably a little too much.  Mae is my middle name, plus the middle name of my mother and both maternal and paternal grandmothers...oh ya, my stepmother's too.  :)  I think if we were having a boy, there would have been a lot more discussion and compromise!

• Besides having a cold for the past 5 days, I'm feeling pretty good.  Baby moving and kicking by the hour, ha at the 12-14 sleep time.  I guess it's sporadic.

Regarding Peppernuts QOTW, We purchased a bunch of outfits a week ago and can't wait to get the crib.  SO wants to wait until April. Ugh!  I'm home all day and could be doing so much to that room.

• Yesterday was Baby Fest for us. 8am ultrasound then to Target to set up a gift registry then to Lowe's for paint for the nursery then back to OB's office for results and general check-up at 4.

The placenta has moved away from the cervix. Not a surprise statistically but still good news. Everything else measuring normally. The next appt is in three weeks instead of four. I forgot to ask about kick counts.

We did wobble on the whole team green thing the day or two before the appt but decided to stick with it after all. 

No new symptoms -- still heartburn, sniffling, and sciatica -- but sleeping is starting to get uncomfortable and my pants are finally getting snug. 

We settled on a boy's name very early on because we each had a grandfather (our grandfathers, not the baby's) we wanted to honor. A girl's name took until about week 22 and required going through the name book a few times. We did have an automatic girl's middle name -- the first name of both my maternal grandmother and his paternal grandmother. As in they have/had the same name so we really just had to use it.  We're staying totally mum on all of it. DH's mother was really trying to drag name info from him the last time they spoke but he enjoyed stonewalling her. My mother is fine with surprises and no one else in either family has said/asked anything.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • still have m/s.  Oh well.

Otherwise physically wonderful - bump is growing, I'm starting to waddle.  But no growing pains, no sciatic nerve issues, still sleeping comfortably.  Super smell and achy boobs are a distant memory (thank Goodness!) and I'm enjoying being pregnant!!

With today's ultrasound, the name is DONE!  Boy = hubby's name + III (Hubby is a Junior).  Something of a relief to not have to figure that one out!  Now to settle on a nickname...Trip or Trey (I'm in Camp Trey). 

• Hi ladies! Feeling good so far! I had a small scare when I couldn't feel the baby move all day Sunday. As soon as I called L & D it started moving around like crazy! It was probably laughing at me in there! If this LO is a boy we will call him Luke Anthony. We both liked Luke and Anthony is my brothers name. A girl name is harder for us I like Angelina Grace, Giana Nicole, and Natalia Simone/Elyse. My hubby hasn't vetoed any but he doesn't seem over joyed by those choices either. Sorry for the formatting I'm on my phone, JM

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

IF History in my Bio!

• Please add me to the list :)  EDD 9/27/11

Still having MS, just getting over the flu and down a total of 7#.  My previous pregnancy was a breeze compared to this one so far!  I'm convinced it's a girl this time because it's sooooo different, but we'll see.  I have a sono tomorrow and we're taking our DS to hear the heartbeat for the first time.  Not sure he will really understand everything just yet, but thought it would be good for him to hear the baby rather than just talk about it.

We've been tossing around a few names but just like last time, my husband and I are having a tough time agreeing.  At least we've got some time to figure it out!

Mother of a beautiful little boy 11/01/07! Expecting #2 EDD 9/28/11 What a wonderful surprise!!!
  • Updates:  I've had a lot of trouble sleeping over the past week.  I hate feeling tired during the day!  My 36 week checkup is on Friday where they'll test for strep b.  I'm thinking I'll have to start going in weekly after this? 

A follow-up to last week's QOTW:  I'd said that I would not be having any showers this time around.  Well, my coworkers surprised me last Friday with a shower!  I was not expecting anything.  They had snacks and a cake and some little odds and ends for the baby (and a big sister shirt for DD) as well as diapers and gift card.  I'm so thankful to have a gc to BRU.  I need to get on the ball with restocking baby items in our house.

QOTW:  We have a boy's name picked out since we didn't have to use it the 1st time around.  We have a short list of girls names that we're still working through.  We will not be sharing our names with anyone until after LO's arrival.  We want the name to be our decision and don't want anyone else to feel that they're opinion wasn't considered.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Great to read everyone's updates!

Updates: Feeling all right, nausea seems to have crept back in to my life again, usually if I haven't eaten enough (or recently enough); but no trips to L&D this week - woo hoo!  Had my 26 week appointment and had to have my blood pressure taken three times because doc didn't like the first reading (130/80), and the second reading was worse (130/90).  But I lay down on my left side for a few and my bp was 110/70, so they let me go.  Whew!  Otherwise I am measuring on target at 26 weeks, and baby seems fine.

Haven't been getting enough sleep though, and it seems hard to carve out the time.  I've been researching day care, pediatricians, gear to put on my registry, as well as, at work, trying to get a handle on loose ends so I don't get caught short when I go on maternity leave.  Oh and going to childbirth classes... too much!

(Courtesy of Peppernut!) What about names?  Do you have a name or short list of names picked out?   Will you be telling anyone before it's written on the birth certificate, or is it a secret to everyone?

I have a short list in my head of names that I really like, (one boy's name and a couple of girl's names) but DH and I haven't jointly solidified the list (though he likes these names I have in my head well enough).  We're going through the SSA top 1000 list to see if any other names appeal to us - I'm probably being neurotic about it, but I'd like to have a couple more boy's names to choose from.  We won't be telling anyone our names til the baby is born. 

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

• Please add me to the list my first name is Anne and I am due 10/7.

Updates: I am feeling fine just tired, and occasional queasiness.

QOTW: For my own sanity I told MH that we would wait until we know gender to discuss names. The reason being he likes to make random suggestions that he thinks are funny so I need to keep him focused. When I do get him to be serious he likes normal traditional names like me. So I'm not worried that we'll be able to come to agreement it will just be easier if we can focus on picking one name. He asked me if we would tell or not and I said I didn't want to, and he agreed. Even my Mom who rarely says anything unkind has made comments about the names of my nieces and nephews pre-birth so I'm keeping my mouth shut. We will share gender though.

• Screen name: festivus. Due date: 9/19- TWINS!  Team GREEN for now, but will find out when we can!

Updates: Had a bad MFM appt this week. One twin measuring about a week behind the other. Could be nothing, but could be something very significant. Only time will tell. Trying not to panic, but that's not easy. Keep reminding myself to breathe.

QOTW: No names picked out yet, but starting to talk more about it. Will tell people once we've made a final decision but will NOT ask for any opinions prior to that. I work in a school, so we're having a hard time coming up woth names we both like that don't already have a strong and/or negative connection to a student I've known.

TTC for 3 years. Finally successful after 5 IUIs and 2 cycles of IVF. Our amazing twins were born 5 weeks early on 8/16/11. Found out April 2012 that our di/di twins are ID.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Updates:  I have just entered the severe heartburn stage (more like acid reflux).  This is my 3rd sleepless night and I?m having a difficult time functioning at work?. I hope this prepares me for when the baby comes.  My husband and I just signed up for our Labor Series class at the hospital (starts 3/1)?heard mixed reviews so I?m hoping that we?re comfortable with our decision.

I?m a little nervous because I have my Glucose test on Monday (2/28) and after reading all the ?failed? stories I?m just hoping that I pass. 

Question of the Week (QOTW): My husband and I have picked out our boys name (it?s something we?d talked about before we were pregnant) and haven?t agreed on a girls name at all (only the middle name).  We?re not formally announcing the name and no one has really asked yet so for now it?s just between us. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Delivered 3 weeks and 2 days early via emergency c/s due to pre-e

Anniversary
    Trying to Conceive Ticker image
  • How are you feeling?  Any events/news to share?  New pregnancy symptoms, or any that have disappeared? 

my nausea comes and goes.  i'm still exhausted too!!!  news?  did the 1st two parts of the sequential screening so far and risk of downs went to 1/365 and tri 18 went to 1/2300. so that was good.  went to monthly ob appt last week and everything looked good...hb still going strong!  we get our anatomy scan on APRIL 1st.  HOORAY!!!!!!

(Courtesy of Peppernut!) What about names?  Do you have a name or short list of names picked out?   Will you be telling anyone before it's written on the birth certificate, or is it a secret to everyone?

we have a couple names chosen...we'll discuss it more once we find out if baby is a boy or girl.  NO!  we aren't telling before the baby arrives.  we did that with our twins and it worked well for us.  plus, i don't want to hear others' opinions about our choice.  :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"