Alabama Babies

Wanting to get pregnant after Tubal Ligation ..... plz help me

I ( under great protest ,)( my ex-husband didn't want more kids , but I really didnt want get tubes tied , cuz i wanted more children ) got my tubes tied when I had my youngest child in 2005 .  I have met the man of my dreams , and he has made my family complete . He loves my kids , and the kids adore him . He doesn't have any  biological kids ( but if people ask if the kids are his he says yes they are , b/c he feels like they are his ... I am not good with words .. I hope you can understand what I mean ) . But from what I understand the doctor took a small section out of both my tubes , and burned the ends . What are the odds of my tubes growning back ? Is there a test to see if my tubes have grown back ?

Re: Wanting to get pregnant after Tubal Ligation ..... plz help me

• I am not sure about them "growing back", but I have a friend who had her tubes "untied."  She did not get pregnant from this procedure alone, and did also have to do fertility treatments and in vitro.  She successfully got pregnant with twins after all of that.  (Her husband died, and when she remarried her new husband wanted biological children.) 

I set up an appointment with my OB to discuss options.

Allie ~ 01/26/09 ~ 7 lbs, 9 oz ~ 20.75 in. & Amelia ~ 03/16/11 ~ 8 lbs, 1 oz ~ 21 in.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You can have a reversal procedure done, but it's not always successful.  As SeasideBride said, you'll probably still have to have fertility treatments to become pregnant.

• Loading the player...
  • You would need to consult someone who could do a reversal, though I don't know how successful that would be.  Your other option would be to do IVF which bypasses your tubes, but it's very expensive and hard on your body.  Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I agree with the pp's.  Just wanted to say Good Luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"