Infertility

CCRM

Who has experience with CCRM? 

I am contemplating setting up a phone consult.  My best friend from college lives in Denver and went there when she and her DH were having IF issues.  She now has twin boys as a result of IUI.  However she knows at least 10 people who have had IVF done there and had success.  Their success rates for DOR patients are unbelievably high...granted I don't know what their "FSH cut-off" is, but still.  I know we'd have to pay for airfare, and that their IVF is more expensive in general than places around here, but we'd have a place to stay (my friend has already offered her house) and with success rates SO HIGH it's worth it to me to get a 2nd opinion from them.

Which doctor did you consult with?  How long did it take to get the consult from when you called?

Any insight would help!  Thanks!

Mr. & Mrs. UMich! July 2006! :-)
DX: High FSH/DOR
It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

Beta #1 (9dp5dt) = 206, Beta #2 (11dp5dt) = 438
1st u/s @ 6w5d = 11/11/11 = ONE little bean! HB 120bpm!
?Our Baby Boy Born June 26th, 2012?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: CCRM

• Hi Umich...I responded to your posts before re your leeriness about your local clinic. Although I did not cycle with CCRM I went to Cornell (I'm on the east coast) which is probably #2 in the US under CCRM. I went to the dr there that specializes in DOR. You are very smart to investigate CCRM-their stats speak for themselves. There are ladies over on SAIF with more real life experience but I think you are headed in the right direction for your DX. Good luck-think of it this way, you may need to pay for travel costs but if IVF works the first try then it was worth it.
  • imagecaityr:
    Hi Umich...I responded to your posts before re your leeriness about your local clinic. Although I did not cycle with CCRM I went to Cornell (I'm on the east coast) which is probably #2 in the US under CCRM. I went to the dr there that specializes in DOR. You are very smart to investigate CCRM-their stats speak for themselves. There are ladies over on SAIF with more real life experience but I think you are headed in the right direction for your DX. Good luck-think of it this way, you may need to pay for travel costs but if IVF works the first try then it was worth it.

This is my thought too!  Thanks for responding to my other posts too!  (I feel like I've made a lot of them lately, lol!)

Did you work with Cornell remotely too, or are you close enough that you could drive in? 

I am wondering, when it says that you work with your "local physician", does that mean your OB or an RE in the area?  Or can your PCP be the physician you go to for your b/w and whatnot?  A while back (like last spring) I was at my PCP for a physical and he mentioned "these doctors I know in Colorado" when we were talking about me and DH TTC.  I had no idea what he was talking about b/c we hadn't even started IUI's at that point but now I'm wondering if CCRM is who he was referring to.  Otherwise wouldn't it be awkward going to an RE for monitoring and stuff, just to turn around and go to another RE?!

It took 44 cycles, just over 3 years, 6 failed IUI's in MI, and 1 round of IVF at CCRM to get our BFP!

• Loading the player...
  • We've been considering this as well.  My younger brother lives in Denver. 

CCRM has awesome stats.  Good luck with your desicion!

::: Married June 2003:::
    TTC #1 since: Aug. 2008
    Me: 34, DOR, MTHFR-A1298C (heterozygous), decreased blood flow to uterus, Mild Endo
    DH: 38, Balanced translocation 5&10, unexplained MFI, normal SA and SCSA
    Tx History: IUI 1&2= BFN
    IVF# 1 W/ICSI= BFN
    IVF# 2: cancelled d/t no response
    IVF# 3= 1 egg retrieved=immature/not viable
    IVF# 4= c/p
    ***CCRM ODWU***
    Found DHs BT and Me-decreased blood flow to uterus
    Recommended DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. Decided to cycle locally
    ***New RE***
    DE IVF# 1(cycle #6) w/pgd, (freeze all): 30R, 23M, 15F, slow/poor embryo development, 4 biopsied, 1 Normal "Norm"; DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. 
    IVF# 6: (OE/DS) cancelled
    IVF# 7: (OE/DS) 1R, 1M, 1F, arrested day 5
    Plan-DE IVF# 2 (cycle #8): DE/DS in May 2015

http://icanhazbabyz.blogspot.com/
    imageimage image 
  • imagemm29:

We've been considering this as well.  My younger brother lives in Denver. 

Thanks, good luck to you too!

How much have you looked into it?  Do you know which doctor there you would want to work with?  (Specializing in DOR?)

• I have cycled at 2 different clinics that were both too far away to do my monitoring there (CCRM and Shady Grove).  I ended up doing my monitoring at a local RE but not the one I had gone to for our local treatments, and that worked out really well for us.  They did all of my ultrasounds and bloodwork and just sent the results to the clinic I was cycling at.  Going to our original clinic seemed like it would be really awkward (plus I was disillusioned with them after they misdiagnosed me and didn't really want anything to do with them). 

CCRM is pretty conservative in how much of your monitoring needs to be done there.  I think I went out there on about day 4 of stims and was there for 2 weeks in all with stimming, the ER, ET, and bed rest.

TTC with DOR, low morphology, fertilization issues
    IVF#1 Oct 2009 (CCRM) - BFN
    IVF#2 March 2010 - Poor response/cancelled
    DE IVF#1 Aug 2010 - BFN
    DE IVF#2 Dec 2010 - Transferred 1, 2 frozen - BFP!
    TTC#2 FET Jan 2013 - Transferred 1 - BFP!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I had a phone consult with Dr. Schoolcraft last week.  CCRM is very impressive and while our meeting didn't shed any new info on my case it was nice to have and reinforced everything i had been doing was right

GL cutie

Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, It empties today of its strength. ~Corrie ten Boom
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher (thank you beadinglady)

It's been a long journey. TTC since 9/06. multiple IUI's and IVF's and 4 m/c's. IVF#3 = BFP, twins, induced at 34w6d due to baby b passing away (no explanation). Delivered on 35w1d, Baby A - baby girl, and Baby B - baby boy, our little angel.
    MTHFR A1298C & C677T, Immune Issues and Factor II
  • imageUMichGirl:
    imagemm29:

How much have you looked into it?  Do you know which doctor there you would want to work with?  (Specializing in DOR?)

I haven't looked into too much with the exception of talking with the ladies over on SAIF.  I am also looking into SIRM in Vegas.  It's less expensive and I have heard positive things about them. 

I am hoping they will cycle with me, my AMH sucks and my FSH is pretty high :(  

Me: 34, DOR, MTHFR-A1298C (heterozygous), decreased blood flow to uterus, Mild Endo
    IVF# 1 W/ICSI= BFN
    IVF# 4= c/p
    ***CCRM ODWU***
    Recommended DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. Decided to cycle locally
    ***New RE***
    DE IVF# 1(cycle #6) w/pgd, (freeze all): 30R, 23M, 15F, slow/poor embryo development, 4 biopsied, 1 Normal "Norm"; DE IVF w/PGD, incorporate electro-acupuncture. 

imageimage image 
  • imagemm29:
    imageUMichGirl:
    imagemm29:

I haven't looked into too much with the exception of talking with the ladies over on SAIF.  I am also looking into SIRM in Vegas.  It's less expensive and I have heard positive things about them. 

I am hoping they will cycle with me, my AMH sucks and my FSH is pretty high :(  

What are your levels, if you don't mind me asking?  My AMH was 0.84 when I had it tested back in....I don't even remember.  Maybe almost a year ago?  My highest FSH has been 18.

• My last FSH was 13, my last AMH was <0.2.  I had b/w drawn on Sat.  I'm hoping it is better. 

My highest FSH was 15 and my lowest AMH was <0.08. 

My RE thinks they used a different assay for my last amh, so it's probably not going up :(

What Physician are you making a consult with?
    IVF# 1 W/ICSI= BFN
    IVF# 4= c/p
    ***CCRM ODWU***
    ***New RE***

imageimage image 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"