Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Was thinking about 'What Not to Wear'

A combination of less time, a desire for comfort and a changed body have caused me to wear yoga pants more often than not. Today when I was pulling on my "uniform" to go shopping with DH, I was thinking about the show What Not to Wear and the things they suggest wearing to run errands.

Typically a put-together outfit of slacks or a day dress.

Does anyone actually dress like this? Am I letting myself go and I don't even realize it?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Was thinking about 'What Not to Wear'

• Options
    I think all the time how I would be a What Not to Wear fail.  I don't think you are letting yourself go.  I'm sure if you wanted to make the effort, you could wear what they suggest.  It's not like you are completely lacking in style sense.  :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I laugh at a "day dress." 

Heck no, I don't dress like that. But then I didn't before I got pregnant either. So if that's "letting yourself go," then I started doing that freshman year of college. 

I went to the mall last week and considered myself "dressed up" because I wore jeans, a pair of Chucks and a shirt that wasn't a T-shirt.  

DSC_0330editedimage
    The two men in my life. Oh, and I have a husband too...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love that show! I always wish someone would nominate me so I could get a whole new wardrobe and Makeover. I dress pretty casually but I would never leave the house in yoga pants, just to get the paper in the morning. I never know where they find these day dresses though, I think that'd be something so nice and easy to slip on and go by I can't find any that I like.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Clean, well fitting yoga pants and a t are perfect for errands. And omg that pic is adorable!!
  • Options

imagekcl22:
    Clean, well fitting yoga pants and a t are perfect for errands. And omg that pic is adorable!!

Thank you :)

I never used to wear yoga pants out of the house until none of them fit anymore post-baby. Sad

• Options
    I make an effort to look put together if we go out as a family, but if I'm just running errands with the baby I think I'd qualify for the show. It's just not worth getting my nicer clothes spit up on for a trip to Walmart, and most dresses don't work for nursing.
  • Options
    I leave the house in yoga pants a lot Embarrassed,  I used to work at a gym and had to wear them everyday to work and then I got pregnant and stopped working but never kicked the yoga pants wearing.
  • Options

I always dress fairly nice when I leave the house, even if it's just to the store.  In the summer I wear dresses all the time.  In cool weather I wear skinny jeans, flats or boots, and sweaters. I never wear "slacks," though.

I also like to coordinate B's outfits with my own.  Embarrassed  Nothing too matchy matchy, though.

• Options
    If only I had a ton of money to buy a new wardrobe that fit, I'd be all set.
  • Options
    imagescoutkate:

I always dress fairly nice when I leave the house, even if it's just to the store.  In the summer I wear dresses all the time.  In cool weather I wear skinny jeans, flats or boots, and sweaters. I never wear "slacks," though.

I also like to coordinate B's outfits with my own.  Embarrassed  Nothing too matchy matchy, though.

::cowers at fashion dominance::

• Options
    I know I don't dress that way. I've always preferred comfort and do even more so now. When running quick errands I'm usually in yoga pants and a tshirt. I'll dress up some jeans if we're fount out, but we don't often go anywhere that requires anythin too dressy. I wish I could afford to update my wardrobe, but it'll have to wait.
  • Options

I still try to get dressed up (makeup, heels, etc), but my only problem is since having R, I haven't been keeping up on trends- I used to be uber avid about it.

Now I just go with whatever. I think I need to go shopping... But I don't have the motivation or knows what would even look good on me anymore!

They need a What Not to Wear TB edition.

• Options

No you arent letting yourself go its hard to find stufff for me to wear that fits and I feel good in.

Fun fact, I was runner up on wntw triplet special lol guess I wasnt grungy enough!

6/09 right tube loss (fallopian torsion) 12/09 BFP #1 (DD born 9/10)
    8/12 dx Lupus (ANA+/APA-), 12/12 BFP #2  natural m/c 6w 2d 
    TTC#2  since 9/12  50mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #1 Beta 10/4=BFN
                                 50mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #2 Beta 11/1= BFN
                                      100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #3 Beta 12/26=BFFN
    100 mg Clomid/Ovidrel IUI #4 Beta 2/14= BFFN
    Took a LONG Break
    Lots of Luck and Love BFPB for life KOFMKG
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"