Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Enfamil Gentlease

I'm switching DS to enfamil gentlease bc he is So gassy. Does anyone have any complaints? And he's been drinking normal Enfamil infant... Do I need to mix the formula half and half so I don't mess Up his Tummy?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Enfamil Gentlease

• Options
    I don't have an answer for you, but we are doing the same thing for DD so I'm anxious to hear responses.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    we switched from enfamil newborn to gentlease a little over a week ago because she was so gassy and uncomfortable...noticed a change seriously within 3-4 bottles!  it's been great!!!   our pedi told us no need to mix it...can just do a straight change.    only thing we have noticed is a few more poopy diapers a day...but not sure if that is the formula change...or just her getting older.   good luck!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We switched from Similac Advanced to Enfamil Gentlease and we've had great results. It's been a few weeks, and DS poops once a day or so but it's very loose, kinda large and VERY smelly...but he gets it out easier (sorry, tmi) and as a result he's definilty less fussy. We do still occasionally use Mylicon if it is obvious that he is suffering from gas. We did not mix at all, just switched and he was totally fine.
  • Options
    we tried gentlease and it did not help our little guy. he actually ended up with REALLY runny green SMELLY poops and still had gas. we ultimately ended up on soy formula but still have to give him prune juice daily. but soy got rid of the gas completely for us. our pedi said not to mix, just to switch cold turkey because you are just prolonging the adjustment period. hth & gl!
  • Options

We had the poop problem PPs described and he also spit the Gentlease up constantly.  Like two hours after eating it would be like a fountain erupting from his mouth.

He's still a spitter, but we've had much better luck on a different formula.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We were told there was no need to mix when switching him because gentlease is easier on his belly.
    i carry your heart with me(i carry it in my heart)

Cooper+Evie=Soulmates

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• Options
    We switched to this from the regular newborn stuff. First bottle he had of Gentlease, he chugged without even letting any come out the sides of his mouth!
  • Options

imageSunshine060609:
    We switched from Similac Advanced to Enfamil Gentlease and we've had great results. It's been a few weeks, and DS poops once a day or so but it's very loose, kinda large and VERY smelly...but he gets it out easier (sorry, tmi) and as a result he's definilty less fussy. We do still occasionally use Mylicon if it is obvious that he is suffering from gas. We did not mix at all, just switched and he was totally fine.

Thank you! This was my question. DD is currently on Similac Sensitive and we are going to make the switch to Enfamil Gentlease as soon as we're out of the can of Similac we just bought. DD is very gassy and we had changed from Similac Advanced to Sensitive about a month ago, and it seemed to help a little, but she's still gassy and in pain. Pedi suggested either Enfamil Gentlease or Gerber Good Start. I have a sample can of Enfamil already so I wanted to try that.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

When we switched DS didnt seem to get as full. It seems thinner than infant. We went from feeding 4 oz. every 4 hours. to 4 oz. ever 2 to 3 hours. We just switched didnt mix formulas. He did absolutly fine with the switch. However we did end up switching back to the newborn formula.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"