2nd Trimester

Feel Guilty Cursing With Baby In the Belly?

Yes, this is very stupid -- but does anyone else secretly feel guilty whenever they curse or yell with a baby in their stomach, or am I the only one?

I'm almost 24 weeks, and while I know the baby has no concept of what I'm saying (silly me), I feel REALLY guilty whenever I swear under my breath, or groan/moan/half-yell in the mornings when I'm alone in my car and dreading the work day! It's not WHAT I'm saying, but more like I'm creating a hostile, stressful environment for poor baby with the negative noises. I wish I could just stay home all day and watch TV instead of working -- then there would be no muttering, mumbling, groaning or cursing!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Feel Guilty Cursing With Baby In the Belly?

• Oh my gosh I thought I was the only one!  Especially since I've read they can hear us now, I am always worrying when I go off yelling at someone while I'm driving, that I'm scaring the poor baby half to death in there LOL.
  • LOL I can't say that I feel the same way.  But when I'm cursing like a sailor, my friends will say, "Your son's first word is going to be f*%k!" 
    I don't feel bad because I know he doesn't understand a word I'm saying and he'll forget about everything going on in there anyway!
  • Loading the player...
  • LOL. I totally know what you mean. I am normally pretty smiley and happy-go-lucky in person ... but in the mornings, I have total, vocal road rage. Poor babies! :)

• LOL...no. I know I do need to decrease my use of certain words, but I do not feel guilty about it at the moment. The frequency of my swearing increases with the pain I get in my hips and back, and I kind of equate it to a tennis player yelling during serves. Now, a couple of times I have jokingly put my hands on my belly and said, "Earmuffs!" (a la Old School) when I've listened to certain songs (like *** in a Box, lol). Once she's on the outside, I will start cleaning up my language, but I have enough to worry about right now that it's not very high on my to-do list.
    p
  • I have awful road rage too.  I figure if I swear and yell now, the baby will be used to it when she is born and it wont scare her too much when I am driving around with her.
  • imageklv:
    I have awful road rage too.  I figure if I swear and yell now, the baby will be used to it when she is born and it wont scare her too much when I am driving around with her.

Haha this is pretty much me. I know I need to cut down on the bad words in the car eventually, though.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageCatahoulaMom:

imageklv:
    I have awful road rage too.  I figure if I swear and yell now, the baby will be used to it when she is born and it wont scare her too much when I am driving around with her.

Haha this is pretty much me. I know I need to cut down on the bad words in the car eventually, though.

its hard even after they're born. my daughter will be 2 in April and I STILL have trouble catching myself. road rage is a terrible thing ::hangs head in shame::

• I have to laugh cuz I have road rage too.. So i swaer like a sailor in the car, but I also think its a good way to get it out so when i get to work, school, home my frustrations are all out becuase even thought the people cant hear me I know I gave them a peice of my mind and they couldnt say anythign back but take it.. (Becuz they didnt hear it) Big Smile
    My three kings
  • No, I feel zero guilt.  There are much worse things than cursing in my book.  I plan on cutting down some when he actually is born.  Or when he starts to understand what I am saying.
  • imageOneLittleSpark:
    LOL...no. I know I do need to decrease my use of certain words, but I do not feel guilty about it at the moment. The frequency of my swearing increases with the pain I get in my hips and back, and I kind of equate it to a tennis player yelling during serves. Now, a couple of times I have jokingly put my hands on my belly and said, "Earmuffs!" (a la Old School) when I've listened to certain songs (like *** in a Box, lol). Once she's on the outside, I will start cleaning up my language, but I have enough to worry about right now that it's not very high on my to-do list.

Haha, I do this too. I swear all the time and I think his first words will be something offensive. We told DH's parents that now baby can "hear" what we're saying so they better watch their language. Upon hearing this, the first word out of my MIL's mouth was a swear in Spanish. We all laughed then she realized she just swore. 

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Visit The Nest! image image
  • Hell no! LOL. I have other things that I feel guilty about but that is not one of them...thank goodness as I swear like a sailor when my hormones are raging. Horrible!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am completely opposite.  While there are some things I avoid saying, I don't have a problem with swearing around my daughter because she learned at an early age that you don't say bad words in public or in front of people you don't know or grandma and papa or other kids.  She swears around me once in a while but never around other people.  I'd rather have her know this now instead of waiting til she picks up bad words from other kids in school and says them and gets in trouble because she doesn't know.
  • I feel guilty if I yell because I do not want to scare her.

As far is the cursing I have just been trying to tone it down for the little ears in the near future.

• Nope. I don't feel guilty swearing.

I feel like getting p!ssed, annoyed, angry, stressed, etc. is a normal part of life, and so that doesn't bother me either.  I guess it'd be different if I was a rage-a-holic or something and constantly felt that tense feeling in my body.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • no, i don't feel cursing.  a friend once apologized to me for swearing on the phone while i was pregnant with dd.  like the fetus could hear what my friend said over the phone!

i'm also really bad about swearing in front of dd.  i dropped my camera on the porch a few weeks ago and said "sh!t!"  well, guess what dd said in response?  of course, "sh!t", which is hilarious coming out of the mouth of a 2-year-old, but of course you can't laugh.

• I've had friends tease me to watch my language around the baby (who I happen to carry with me at all times).  I don't have a dirty mouth by any standards, but they thought it important to warn me.
    Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • imageSFbride31:
    No, I feel zero guilt.  There are much worse things than cursing in my book.  I plan on cutting down some when he actually is born.  Or when he starts to understand what I am saying.

Yes 

Photobucket BabyFetus Ticker
  • Ha ha, I don't feel guilty but my DH jumps down my throat every time I swear out loud. He also accuses me of setting up our son's first word to be a curse! :)
  • Can't say that I've allowed myself to get that crazy.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageSFBayMrs:

Nope. I don't feel guilty swearing.

I feel like getting p!ssed, annoyed, angry, stressed, etc. is a normal part of life, and so that doesn't bother me either.  I guess it'd be different if I was a rage-a-holic or something and constantly felt that tense feeling in my body.

This is me. Why would I feel guilty? That makes zero sense to me.
    ~Lisa~
    Mommy to Rachel 1.15.06 and Ashley 5.17.11
    Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
  • I am completely opposite.  While there are some things I avoid saying, I don't have a problem with swearing around my daughter because she learned at an early age that you don't say bad words in public or in front of people you don't know or grandma and papa or other kids.  She swears around me once in a while but never around other people.  I'd rather have her know this now instead of waiting til she picks up bad words from other kids in school and says them and gets in trouble because she doesn't know.
  • Well, by the time I was in my 39th week, I was YELLING at my belleh "GET THE FUUCK OUT!"

And it was Christmas.  

So, no.  I didn't. 

• imageablou:

Well, by the time I was in my 39th week, I was YELLING at my belleh "GET THE FUUCK OUT!"

And it was Christmas.  

So, no.  I didn't. 

Surprise

• imageablou:

Well, by the time I was in my 39th week, I was YELLING at my belleh "GET THE FUUCK OUT!"

And it was Christmas.  

So, no.  I didn't. 

YesDrinks Me, too.

And I was only 34 weeks.

This is a test. This is only a test.
  • we always joke that his first word will be fvck and no, I don't feel guilty cussing now. I'll try to tone it down once he's older and starting to repeat things.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • I just tell baby "Ear muffs"
  • imagerxy5309:
    I just tell baby "Ear muffs"

Love this. 

BFP 7/31/10 m/c 8/16/10
    BFP 10/25/10 Brynn Helen born 7/7/11
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Wait till they are 18 months and start repeating EVERYTHING you say. Talk about feeling guilty! LOL
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Photobucket
  • I know that I need to clean up my language before the little one gets here, but I don't really feel guilty about it. I don't have a foul mouth when I'm around other people, but when I'm alone, half of my mouth's job is to drop the f-bomb. I was just in the most hateful mood today and while I was nice to the people around me, I was cursing every other car on the road just for being there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"