A few of our faves, would love any input

Girls:

Bennett, Karsyn, and Madeline

Boys:

Easton, Reed, Brogan, Landon, Mason, and Braxton

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker

Re: A few of our faves, would love any input

• Options

Madeline is lovely! Bennett is a boy name and Karsyn is just AWFUL.

I like Reed (but like it spelled Reid better) Landon is ok and the rest are NMS at all. Braxton reminds me of Braxton Hicks contractions.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Bennett is a great BOY name, horrible girl name.  Carson is a good BOY name, horrible girl, and even more horrible spelled Karsyn.  I like Madeline.

Of your boy names I like Reid (spelled like this) and Landon.  I also like Bennett for a boy.  There is nothing wrong with Mason or Easton, just nms.  I do not like Brogan or Braxton at all.  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Bennett- for a girl?  For real?  Ish.

Karsyn- I actually gagged.  Out loud.  Carson would be bad enough on a girl, but the K and y spelling is truly awful.

Madeline- okay, if you're fine with your kid being one of 20 Maddies and Addies in her class. 

Easton- okay

Reed- it's a decent name

Brogan- gagged, again

Mason- decent

Braxton- Hicks 

the bug & bee blog
    (read it. you know you want to.)
    anderson . september 2008
    vivian . february 2010
    mabel . august 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

What is a Brogan?

Madeline or Reed.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think boy when I hear Bennett, but I do like it. Madeline is popular but I like it. Out of your boys names I like Mason, Landon, and Reid.
  • Options
    imagecrkreativekids:

Girls:

Bennett, Karsyn, and Madeline- Madeline is the only one I like.

Boys:

Reid and Mason Yes!

Brogan? like Logan only misspelled, and Braxton? like The contractions...yeah don't like it.

**~Future Mama to my June "Sprout"~**
    EDD- 06/13/2017
    **Stinkerbelle-8-27-10 * Mr.P's 2nd Mama 7-27-07**
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

• Options

Yeah, don't name a girl Bennett or Carson (especially if you're going to jack up the spelling like that). There are several unisex names I like, myself, but if you're going to do it---own it. Spell the name correctly.

Madeline is a lovely choice.

From your boys' list the only name I really like is Reed. Landon comes in second, and Easton comes in third. The rest can drop off the face of the earth, IMO---especially Braxton, which I'm pretty sure is the most god-awful name out there to give to a child.

VOTE on my Name List

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options

Eek. Bennett for a girl is terrible and Karsyn is really awful as well. 

Easton, Brogan, Mason and Braxton irritate me. 

Madeline is fine. I love Reid (rather than Reed) and Landon has grown on me. 

• Options

Bennett = boy in my book
    Karsyn- looks made up and also sounds too masculine
    Madeline= Classic and beautiful!

Boys: I like Reed or Mason. The others are NMS,

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Blogging about boobs, babies, bed lust & everything in between since 2007.
  • Options

Honestly?  I'm not a fan of any of them.

I do like Bennett for a boy, though.

• Options

Bennett is cute for a boy, not for a girl.

Karsyn=terrible on many levels

Madeline is a lovely name.  

I like Mason and Reed, and would add Logan to your boy list- it seems like it might be your style and I think it is a solid name.

• Options
    imagemyoo:

What is a Brogan?

It is a shoe. A big, clunky, heavy work shoe. 

There was an Irish Saint named Brogan, but mostly I just think of the shoe.

• Options

I like Madeline for a girl and Reed, Landon and Mason for a boy :D

Brogan sounds to much like Bogan (which in Australia is an insult.....my FH and I actually joke about the name when I read it out to him from the baby name books...Brogan the bogan)  No offence...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagecrkreativekids:

Girls:

Bennett, Karsyn, and Madeline

Boys:

Bennett is a boys name.

Karsyn is spelled incorrectly and it is a boys name.

Madeline is beautiful. Yes

Easton is trendy, but I like it.

Reed looks better spelled Reid, but it's nms.

Brogan looks made up and sounds clunky.

Landon is nms.

Mason is not bad but nms.

Braxton reminds me of braxton hocks contractions. No

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Bennett - OK, kinda too masculine though, it might be embarassing to have boys in her class with the same name, Karsyn - the spelling on this is just atrocious. Please don't use this name. Madeline - super cute. LOVE this one.

Boys:

Easton - its OK. Reed - cute. Better than Easton. Brogan No. Unless your family is super Irish, no. Landon - I hate this name, sorry. Mason - too popular and Braxton - just reminds me of braxton hicks, sorry.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Of your girl names: I like Madeline only. I know you are trying to make Karsyn unique...but it looks like it's horribly misspelled. NMS=bennett and karsyn

Of your boy names: I LOVE Easton and LOVE Reed. My son's middle name is Reid (spelled differently).

Landon=overused 

Brogan = weird

Mason = I think of a Mason Jar

Braxton = I think of Toni Braxton......and that's not good.

• Options

Madeline is a good name. Bennett is pure boy and Karsyn, spelled that way, is atrocious. 

I like all your boy names except Braxton, which just reminds me of Braxton Hicks...Brogan, Reid, Easton, Landon, Mason, in that order. 

• Options
    I have to agree Bennett would have to be a boys name, there is a chance there would be boys in her class with the same name and that would prolly be akward for her.

I have to agree/disagree about Karsyn. No offense the spelling does sound butchered, and like you are trying to make it more feminine. However, I know girls named Carson/Karson so I don't believe it is strictly a boy name I like it and it was actually on my list.

Madeline is way to popular IMO. I here it everytime I get on here it seems, and a pp was right there will prolly be a lot of Maddies & Addies in her class.

No problem with Easton it's just NMS. But I do think it sounds more like a living in a hicktown than in a big city name.

I like Reed, but I have to agree I like Reid better.

I don't like Brogan, It sounds made up IMO even though some pp's said it's a legit Irish name.

I think Landon is too trendy as well I know quite a few and hear it frequently.

I like Mason, I believe I have only met 1 or 2. It's not a name I hear a lot.

And lastly I actually like the name Braxton, but  few do. I made a post about it awhile back and 9 out of 10 hated it. And most of them said it reminded them of Braxton Hicks as well.

Out of your choices my favorites are Carson/Karson for a girl and Mason for a boy.
  • Options

Bennett is a boys name (which I love, but for a boy only). Karsyn is AWFUL. It's a trendy boy name, with a y thrown in to make it look "feminine", but it just looks like you can't spell. Sorry. Madeline is very pretty, but overdone.

Of your boy list, the only one I like is Reid (spelled this way).

S- March 09 E- Feb 12 L- May 15

• Options

Bennett:Boy name

Karsyn: looks uneducated. It's Carson, and it is also a boy name

Madeline: Cute, pretty common. Not a bad choice

Braxton: Is almost as bad as naming a little girl Placenta. HUGE no.

Landon/Mason: Both are NMS, but nice names

Reed/Reid: My fave

Easton/Brogan: Easton is a town near me, and Brogan doesn't really sound like a name.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Madeline is nice.

Easton was going to be this baby's name but it is a girl, so my vote is Easton!

Reed was also on our short list for boys

imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Bennett-love for a BOY, it's horrendous for a girl

Karsyn-again love for a BOY and spelled Carson

Madeline is beautiful!

Reed, Mason, & Landon are all very nice, Easton is NMS and Braxton makes me think of contractions

• Options

imageNellaJ:
    Madeline is lovely! Bennett is a boy name and Karsyn is just AWFUL.

Agreed on all counts...plus Karsyn grates on me in general because my (maternal) cousin and his wife named their daughter this--never mind that the "correct" spelling is A) an accepted boy name and B) my maiden name.  From what my mom and aunt(little Karsyn's grandma) said, they basically found it in a name book, decided it sounded "cute" and forgot that it sounds EXACTLY like the surname of a rather large branch of the family that has no association with them(aside from shared grandparents).

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Of your girl names, I only like Madeline- however, it is so popular and overused lately that I would never consider using it.

Of your boy names, I love Reid (spelled this way) and I like Mason, but again so popular and overused that I would never actually use it.

• Options

Bennett and Karsyn both sound like boy names. Madeline is ok.

Easton makes me think of the bats. Brogan sounds made up. Braxton = Hicks. I like Landon and Mason!

• Options
    imagefeffy11:

Brogan:

My what a lovely Brogan you have. Actually I find it rather interesting, how do you come up with a name for a shoe?!?

**~Future Mama to my June "Sprout"~**
    EDD- 06/13/2017
    **Stinkerbelle-8-27-10 * Mr.P's 2nd Mama 7-27-07**
    TTGP's 2013 Sweetest Bumpie <3 

• Options

Reed and Madeline get my vote.  I prefer Reed spelled this way.  That is how my ds's name is spelled.

• Options
    I went to high school with a female Karsyn as well as currently have one in the class I teach at school. So yes, it's unusual, but it's been done before and neither child was or is made fun of in any way. In fact, most are envied because of the uniqueness. Go with what you like. :)
  • Options

Bennett is a boys name and is freaking awful for a girl.  Karsyn (or Carson) is also a boys name.  Madeline is nice.

Boys:  Easton and Reed are okay.  I like Mason and Landon.  Brogan and Braxton are NMS at all.

• Options

imagemallorynelson:
    I went to high school with a female Karsyn as well as currently have one in the class I teach at school. So yes, it's unusual, but it's been done before and neither child was or is made fun of in any way. In fact, most are envied because of the uniqueness. Go with what you like. :)

I really, REALLY doubt they were "envied because of the uniqueness."  That's just what people told them to make them feel better.  This is coming from someone whose name (Kacey) is traditionally a boy name, and was misspelled by her parents to make it more feminine.  Just don't do it.

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"