Parenting
Options

This is sad (regarding meds in kids)

New dosing info is coming out this week on cold and cough products for kids.  One of the new warning labels they're putting on anti-histamines says, and I quote, "Do not use to make your child sleepy."

Seriously?

Kill all my demons and my angels might die too. -Tennessee Williams

You take my ovaries, I take your yarns.

Re: This is sad (regarding meds in kids)

• Options
    You've apparently never flown with two toddlers!  ;)
  • Options

That is horrible...but people are idiots.

(and I really came in to say, love your bumper sticker siggy.  DH has that in an actual bumper sticker...I refuse to let him put it on either of the cars...but I find it HILARIOUS.)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sounds just like coffee cups : Warning! Contents may be hot!  - Yeah DUH!
    Mia (6~24~06) & Jillian (6~29~09)
  • Options
    That is sad. Using meds to make my kids sleepy is a thought that has never crossed my mind. I hate giving meds even when they're sick. I really only do if I feel it is absolutely necessary.
  • Options
    On a side note, I thought in many cases giving small children antihistamines made them hyper? Like it had the opposite effect?
  • Options
    That is sad.  Uggh.

"image"
    Ethan {1.11.10} & Malia {12.28.06}
  • Options
    It is a thought that has crossed my mind...but never seriously.  It's sad that obviously enough caregivers out there are doing that to warrant a warning.  Besides...Bubbs, you can confirm or deny this...doesn't it work the opposite in some kids and make them hyper?
    Nathan 7-13-06 ~ Elizabeth 4-12-09 ~ Zachary 8-5-11
  • Options
    did you see the dream I had the other night about you?  I'll see if I can find the post and repost....it was interesting!
  • Options
    Yep Kapa, benadryl is well-known for creating a paradoxical effect in little ones and making them hyper.  Claritin does that to Will.  He's a MONSTER when he gets it.
    Kill all my demons and my angels might die too. -Tennessee Williams

You take my ovaries, I take your yarns.
  • Options
    Dai - it has always had the opposite effect on ds. Nothing makes that kid sleepy (except exercise).
  • Options
    If there's a warning for it, then someone must have done it.
  • Options
    My friend does it when she flies with her daughter.  Nothing makes DS sleepy. 
    Liam is 5!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Wow... I know people do it, but to put it on a label!?
  • Options

I wish my sister in law would get that through her head.

She thinks Benedryl makes her kids go sleep and uses it for that reason.

It is AWFUL!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"