Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

I feel like I've tried everything else

So today I am going to buy the book and try out the Ferber method. I really wanted to avoid it but I've been doing so much research on it and I don't think I can go one more week on such little sleep. Those of you that have used this any advice or tips?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I feel like I've tried everything else

• Options
    What is the ferber method? LO has been sleeping with us since the get go, and I've slept well since he was a month. He still wakes up once or twice too. I just nurse him while sleeping. Its not for everyone though, of course.
  • Options
    imageLB1988:
    What is the ferber method? LO has been sleeping with us since the get go, and I've slept well since he was a month. He still wakes up once or twice too. I just nurse him while sleeping. Its not for everyone though, of course.
    Its basically how to CIO. I would be okay if DD was waking up once or twice but she is waking up every 30 minutes to an hour....
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Did you see my response to the sleep training post below? We've been doing a modified Ferber and it's worked really well for us (no book necessary, just a couple phone calls w/the pedi) but I don't know if you've tried that or if it works as well for others.

He's growing up, but he'll always be my baby!

Nathan--11/4/10

...big brother to...???? Due March 2014!

• Options
    imagejuliedooley:
    Did you see my response to the sleep training post below? We've been doing a modified Ferber and it's worked really well for us (no book necessary, just a couple phone calls w/the pedi) but I don't know if you've tried that or if it works as well for others.
    Which post I looked before I posted but I can't seem to find one...
  • Options
    Make sure you and DH/SO are on the same page and communicate at night, so you agree on who is listening to LO and who will keep an eye on the clock. Also, be sure that LO is not genuinely hungry, teething or has any other illness present when you're trying to use the approach. DS goes to sleep great, but often wakes up repeatedly. I've read NCSS and  'Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Baby,' and what we've figured out is DS tends to be up more if he gets overstimulated with a new experience or if his teeth are really bothering him. If he has a crazier day, I try to get him to bed 15-20min earlier and keep his afternoon activity level very quiet. If his teeth seem to be sore/red cheeks/crazy drooling, I give him Tylenol right at bedtime. Most nights, he's up only twice and he's genuinely hungry, and that's perfectly normal for this age. So while I'm open to graduated CIO, I've learned by reading the books that he's really just doing fine. We'll probably re-consider if this continues after 9mos or so, but if what we've read is true, this is just a phase for now. Hope you figure out what works for you!
  • Options
    All of my friends with kids have used this method and rave about it. We will do it at 6 months as well.  They all stressed that the first night is by far the hardest and to just stay strong.  Pretty much every single one of them had no crying by the 3rd or 4th night and a baby STTN.  Good luck!
    Nothing is more discouraging than unappreciated sarcasm. 
    AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options

imageChevy412:
    imagejuliedooley:
    Which post I looked before I posted but I can't seem to find one...

Sorry, I just replied to it a little while ago so might have been after you posted this. It's the "sleep training help" post that I posted a long reply about how we do the modified Ferber. 

Also, my LO was already sleeping 3-4 hours at a time before we started sleep training, so again, not sure if it'd work well for you but if you haven't tried it I say give it a whirl, or ask your dr! 

He's growing up, but he'll always be my baby!

Nathan--11/4/10

...big brother to...???? Due March 2014!

• Options
    Read the book "BabyWise." We started our DS on it and he's 4 months old and has been sleeping through the night since the first of December. 
    imageimage 
    TTC #2: My chart
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"