St. Louis Babies

IL girls - OB and hospital recs?

I have an OB in STL that I love and really don't want to switch.  I may have to have my care in IL for a future pg.  One person suggested I deliver in Springfield IL, I don't think she understood that it's about 2 hours from St. Louis, I would like something as close to the river as possible (Columbia, Waterloo, other nice suburbs).  I don't have a preference for man or woman, my OB is a man, but I've also seen a woman in his practice. 

Re: IL girls - OB and hospital recs?

• I went to a doc in O'fallon, IL his name is Dr. Tissier super nice doctor and the nurses are awesome he can deliver at memorial or St. Elizabeths. Also a really nice doc is Dr. Chadwick in Belleville, IL
  • Dr Chadwick was my gyn before I was pregnant and I wasn't impressed at all, I switched to a St Louis OB when I got pregnant. A lot of my friends have liked Dr Dalla Riva in Maryville (delivers at Anderson Hospital) and I think some others have liked Dr Herrmann (works out of Memorial in Belleville)

Is there a specific reason you have to go to a doc in IL? If you live across the river, the drive's really not bad to get to the Barnes area and I know of people who even went out as far as MoBap and St John's while living a good 20-30 minutes into IL

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imagerxredhead:

Dr Chadwick was my gyn before I was pregnant and I wasn't impressed at all, I switched to a St Louis OB when I got pregnant. A lot of my friends have liked Dr Dalla Riva in Maryville (delivers at Anderson Hospital) and I think some others have liked Dr Herrmann (works out of Memorial in Belleville)

Is there a specific reason you have to go to a doc in IL? If you live across the river, the drive's really not bad to get to the Barnes area and I know of people who even went out as far as MoBap and St John's while living a good 20-30 minutes into IL

Trust me, I'd much rather deliver in MO, but I'll probably have to legally deliver in IL.  I'm pursuing surrogacy and there are legal issues delivering in MO vs. IL (for example, I could legally keep a baby that isn't mine in MO b/c MO doesn't have any laws to protect either party of a surrogacy situation.  There's a very small chance that I could find a couple that would feel comfortable with me delivering here, but that chance is slim to none.

• Springfield is good, but I've heard good things about Anderson in Maryville. I have a friend who delivered there last week at 37 weeks or so.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Don't know any OBs in IL, but at St Elizabeth's they have doulas who help in L&D.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Dr. Dalla Riva and Hulsen at Anderson Hospital in Maryville, IL are fantastic!  The staff are friendly and attentive and these two doctors go above and beyond for their patients.  Good luck to you!
  • I'm not sure how far you are wanting to travel, but I see Dr. Patrice Staten out of Maryville, IL (delivers at Anderson) and she is awesome.  I've been going to her for several years and at 29 wks, shes been my OB since the beginning.  I also have a few friends that love her.  She is the only dr. in her practice, which I really like, because I've seen her exclusively for all my appts.
  • I don't have experience with these ladies, but I keep hearing all sorts of great things about the women at Maryville Women's Center. They have an MD (Dr Gingrich), a PA (or was she a CNP?), and two CNMs who support natural birthing positions, the woman who answered their office phone told me.

I also hear great things about Anderson Hospital in Marville; a rep there told me about 9% of their births are natural, too, if you're interested in that.

Learning about the safest pregnancies: nutritionally balanced and chemical free!
    Miscarried January 2012
    Expecting & Due January 15, 2013 !
    imageBabyFetus Ticker
  • Dr. Dalla Riva's office in Maryville at Anderson Hospital. I see Dr. Hulsen and I have always felt comfortable going there. This office is VERY busy but they make prenatal care priority and you can always get in. The wait can be a drag sometimes if the Dr. has to leave to go to a delivery, but babies come when they want!! Smile
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • I agree with the previous poster, Dr. Patrice Staten in Anderson Hospital in Maryville was great. She delivered my LO 6 weeks ago and I have been going to her for a year and half now. Thrilled with her. Also really loved all the nurses at Anderson as well.

Good Luck

• I have delivered at Anderson in maryville and had a wonderful experience. Like the other girls have said Dr. Hulsen is the best dr ever. He will take time out to make you feel comfortable and answer any questions you have. He never makes you feel rushed even though there office is very busy. I loved having him and couldn't imagine a better ob. He goes above and beyond to make sure the experience is what you are looking for. I highly recommend him. His office is inside Anderson hospital which makes it very nice when you have your baby because he is right there to come check on you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"