Pregnant after IF
Options

Charley horse

Does anyone seem to be getting a Charley Horse more often now that they are KU?

I used to only get them once in a while but am now getting them at least twice a week. I have increase my water consumption and have also started to eat a banana (for potassium) as part of my breakfast but neither seems to be preventing them.

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie
"Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." --Thomas A. Edison

Re: Charley horse

• Options

Yep.  I've started taking Magnesium Calcium & Zinc supplements to help.  They are also supposed to help with BH.  It's something that Dr Luke suggests in her book for MoM. 

I was having them 2 or 3 nights a week, but now I only have one every two weeks or so.  ::knocks on wood::

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had them a lot at night when I was pregnant, completely normal!

Diagnosed PCOS & MFI-Success with IUI
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I started getting them a lot while pregnant.  Try upping your iron intake too, that plus a banana every day seemed to help me.  My doc also suggested drinking tonic water before bed.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Whew, I'm glad it's normal. DH thinks it's b/c I sit down a lot at work. (ie poor circulation) but they are occuring more now that I'm KU.

"Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all." -- Dale Carnegie
    "Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time." --Thomas A. Edison
  • Options
    When you start to feel one coming one, flex your toes  towards your head. That's helped prevent a few for me. 
    Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"