January 2011 Moms

What did you do to feel better about your post pregnancy belly?

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}

Hi Ladies,

I'm a first time mom and my daughter is almost three weeks old.  I'm struggling a little bit with my post pregnancy body a find myself feeling a little blue.  I never gave any thought to what my tummy would like like after birth and was a little shocked to see a very deflated "beach ball".  Everything is just so loose and hanging that you can't even see my c-section scar without lifting my tummy up a bit.  I've lost 21lbs so far and still have another 20 to go once I can exercise again.  In the mean time I'm struggling to be happy with how i look right now not to mention what the heck to wear??  What do you ladies do to remain positive and also what are you wearing to help cover up the sagging tummy?

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;}
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What did you do to feel better about your post pregnancy belly?

• Two things!

One...look at my daughter! Daughter...weird...lol.

Two...always be realistic and give myself plenty of reality checks when I start to get bummed. I've lost 20lbs as well and in reality, for how big we were, that little bit of skin that was stretched out for MONTHS, is not so bad, all things considered! You have to think, it was stretched out for at least 7 months, it's going to take a while to regain its elasticity!

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • i've been wearing a girdle and it has helped a lot.  it makes me feel normal when i am wearing clothes and i try not to look at my nakie post baby body for now...haha :o)
  • Loading the player...
  • I wear lots of jogging and pajama pants. I also still wear my maternity pants when I have to go out.
  • I hit the gym! (I'm farther out than you ladies, so I've had the go-ahead for a while.)
  • I'm having a pretty hard time with my new body. I also had some hard core baby blues that are easing up now but definitely made it all harder.

My doctor said that it takes 3 months for your body to be normal again. My friends who are moms say that their bodies are permanently changed. For now, I'm trying to be patient and hoping for the best!

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • I had a really hard time adjusting to the new body after baby number one.  This time around I'm being more realistic, and trying to remind myself it took 9 months to get this way, and it will probably take 9 more months to get back to normal.  I still feel bummed that I can't fit into most of my pre-pregnancy pants, and I'm tired of wearing maternity stuff 7 weeks out. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I also look at my daughter and think about what I had to sacrafice in order to have her so perfect. Yes our bodies have changed, but that doesn't mean we cant get them back. Look at all the celeb's out there who have kids and get their bodies back..did you see J-lo at the grammys??? she had TWINS and looked amazing.. If she can do it, we can do it!!
    imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • If it helps... I'm five and a half weeks out and I know my body is better now than it was at three weeks.

Yesterday I discovered that I have one pair of jeans I can wear if I go back to the old tricks of pre maternity clothes (hello rubber banding pants closed!, welcome back belly band!)

• I only take showers by candlelight! Seriously, it makes me feel better if I can't clearly see what I'm now working with. I know/hope it will get better, but for now ignorance is bliss.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • I'm having the same problem. I've lost over 30 lbs and have over SEVENTY to go to get to my ideal weight.

I've been trying to stop hating myself and get on with loving who I am, what I've accomplished with 2 babies, and begin changing my attitude towards food and exercising.

It'a hard though, post-baby blues creep in a lot. I have set a reasonable goal for myself, and it really helps.

Think of any imperfections as a badge of honor, you gave birth!

I know I have battle scars everywhere, but the victory was well worth it! 

• I am wearing SPANX. I have the one that is like a pair of bicycle shorts but goes all the way up to your bra. I swear I look 10 pounds lighter in them and it makes me feel a lot more confident because my pooch looks nice and tight under clothes. They are a bit expensive but so worth it ($75). I tried the less expensive brands and SPANX are so much better.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"