Pre-School and Daycare

Toured a PS- too good to be true? (sorry a little long)

DH and I toured a preschool yesterday and it seems too good to be true! I think we hit all the questions and it seems they had all the right answers!

It?s academically based, and seems age appropriate for DD?s age.  Lots of art work by the kids up, pictures of kids looks happy, kids themselves looked happy. The whole school is only about 200 kids with each class only having 10-12 kids each. Art and music taught in class, optional dance instruction can be signed up for additional fee- a local dance studio teacher comes in- who I know of, we wouldn?t take from her- but only because we take somewhere else.

The school is licensed, the director is pretty new just 2 years there, but the asst director has been there 11 years. All the teachers have their early education credentials, and do additional training every year. The younger teachers have bachelor?s degrees and the older teachers have min. 18 years experience.

Background checks are done and updated regularly.

Snacks are provided- kitchen area was clean and tidy- and we were there just as snack time was finishing.

The building is older, but they are currently remodeling so most areas look new- new carpet, ceiling, windows, new improved bathrooms, etc

Kids go outside once a day for PT and twice for FT- brand new playgrounds with awesome playsets, bike paths, spongey ground. Teachers were interacting and playing with the kids, not just standing around.

As we were walking in we spoke with 2 parents (separately) and they just raved about the school.

Any and all points we were looking for they hit on the head! Even the price is great! For what we?d paid a week at some others we looked at is what they cost for a month!

So, my question/seeking of advice is- can this really be that good? Is there something we overlooked to ask about since we?ve never done the preschool/daycare route?

Open enrollment starts on the 28th and they will have limited spaces (church members have their enrollment the week before, and this isn?t our church) Even the registration fee is only $65! So we have to decide pretty quickly.

Re: Toured a PS- too good to be true? (sorry a little long)

• Our daycare is that good. They do exist, they can just be hard to find. :-)
    Heather Margaret --- Feb '07 and Todd Eldon --- April '09
  • Where in NC are you?

YEs...there are definitely facilities that good.  I hope it works out! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm in Gaston County- west of Charlotte.
  • I felt my kids' preschool was as good as what you describe -- and it was among the least expensive of the schools I looked for back when DD was turning 3.  

I say go for it! 

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"