St. Louis Babies

Intro and a question

Hi!

My name is Sheri and I'm in the SoCo/Jeff Co area.

I have a question about health insurance. My husband and I are starting to talk about TTC. I do not get health ins through my employer and it would be too expensive to add me to my husband's. I am really interested in something that offers maternity coverage. Can anyone recommend a company?

TIA
Sheri

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Intro and a question

• For the most part, paying for private insurance with maternity coverage is going to be every bit as expensive as paying to add you to your DH's coverage.  Most require you to pay for at least 1 year before you are eligible for benefits.  If you are looking I would try Anthem BC/BS.  Before I married DH, (almost 5 years ago) I had private insurance through BC/BS.  I did not have maternity coverage and paid about $300 per month.  Maternity coverage pretty much doubled that.
  • Thank you. The more I look, the more I think adding me to DH's coverage is the best thing to do. I think this is has helped my DH realize this too.
  • Loading the player...
  • I am an insurance broker in Lake St. Louis. Right now, Anthem is the only carrier who offers maternity coverage. Here is the problem...its not a great plan at all and the premiums will be outrageous...probably more than what it would be to get on your spouse's plan. The minimum deductible you can have on a plan with maternity is $2500. PLUS, it has an additional $3000 deductible for maternity services. PLUS there is an 18 month waiting period on maternity services. Which means you have to pay the rediculous premium for 18 months before any of your maternity benefits kick in. Its awful, I know. Sorry I dont have better news for you
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Thank you so much for this info! I had been searching for weeks trying to find something and Anthem was the only one I could find with maternity (which is really shocking to me). I am going to show my husband your post. I think he refuses to believe me when I tell him I have searched all over and that I think adding me to his plan is probably the best thing to do.

Again, thank you! It is greatly appreciated!

• Glad I could help!!! Best of luck!!!
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"