Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

V-day fail (major DH vent)

So, v-day hasn't ever been a big thing for us, so I wasn't expecting much at all. I decided to make DH one of his favorite meals, complete with candles, flowers, and wine.  He gave me a joke card and all he wrote in it was "Suck it" inside a heart and his name.  I know it was supposed to be funny and we both have a quirky sense of humor, but an "I Love You" on the other side would have been nice.

Then at bedtime, I tried cuddling, but he stayed up on his laptop when it was obvious I wanted to cuddle (which I thought he'd be excited about since DS was actually sleeping good) and when he finally turned out the light, he was passed out in seconds - didn't even acknowledge me with so much as a hand pat.  I know I haven't lost all my baby weight yet, but I'm not that gross.  Suffice to say, I'm feeling pretty low right now.  I'm seriously wondering if he even cares for me at all anymore, because this isn't uncommon, and is really just a single instance in a string of things that tells me the same.  Ugh, I'm shaking I'm so upset right now.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: V-day fail (major DH vent)

• Options
    Sad Any chance he's just that dumb and couldn't figure out what you were hoping for? I get turned down relatively often these days. If we're in bed for the night, I've got about a 50/50 shot. Seems like my SO typically wants to fool around at the most inopportune moment (like when my lower back is killing me and I'm standing at the sink, washing bottles).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imageEmilieE23:
    Sad Any chance he's just that dumb and couldn't figure out what you were hoping for? I get turned down relatively often these days. If we're in bed for the night, I've got about a 50/50 shot. Seems like my SO typically wants to fool around at the most inopportune moment (like when my lower back is killing me and I'm standing at the sink, washing bottles).

He may not have known that I was up for a romp, but he at least knew for sure that I wanted some cuddles.  We haven't had sex since DS was born, and he just really doesn't seem interested.  Not sure if he's having issues with me being a mom now, if he's not attracted to me anymore, or if it's something else, but he won't talk about it.  Anytime we tackle a tough subject he withdraws and shuts down or he goes on the offensive and just attacks.  Ugh, whatever though - his loss.  I'll spend the night with DS since he actually enjoys my company.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options

aww I'm sorry for both of you.  BUT DH is the same way with his moments and sometimes he won't even cuddle bc he hates to cuddle.  

MY V-day fail... I didn't get anything bc H said that its a stupid holiday ad I should know that he loves me and he doesn't need a stupid holiday to tell me that.

• Options
    imageAnanke:

imageEmilieE23:

He may not have known that I was up for a romp, but he at least knew for sure that I wanted some cuddles.  We haven't had sex since DS was born, and he just really doesn't seem interested.  Not sure if he's having issues with me being a mom now, if he's not attracted to me anymore, or if it's something else, but he won't talk about it.  Anytime we tackle a tough subject he withdraws and shuts down or he goes on the offensive and just attacks.  Ugh, whatever though - his loss.  I'll spend the night with DS since he actually enjoys my company.

Ummm...how do you guys function as a couple?  Not flame, but it sounds like counseling might be in order....as well as him growing up....

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"