Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

101.4 fever.. no other symptoms??

Finally talked to the nurse hotline (had me on hold forever!) and they said I should take him in to the clinic if over 100.4 in the AM.  Just wondering what it could be?  Any other similar stories?  Could it be early teething maybe?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 101.4 fever.. no other symptoms??

• Options
    probably a virus.  no other symptoms?  what prompted you to take his temperature?

0Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    When DS was around 2ish, he had a fever between 101-104 for 3 days. Yes, 104!!!!! I took him to the ER, they found nothing, took him to the walk in clinic, nothing, took him to his ped, also found nothing wrong with him. One morning he woke up and it was gone.  (thats my story for you lol, I hope your LO feels better soon!)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageMommaEm:
    When DS was around 2ish, he had a fever between 101-104 for 3 days. Yes, 104!!!!! I took him to the ER, they found nothing, took him to the walk in clinic, nothing, took him to his ped, also found nothing wrong with him. One morning he woke up and it was gone.  (thats my story for you lol, I hope your LO feels better soon!)

104!  Oh my!! LOL, thanks!

• Options

imageMelBee12:
    probably a virus.  no other symptoms?  what prompted you to take his temperature?

He just felt a little warm yesterday.  His hands are usually ice cold and when he woke from his nap they were warm.  It was 100.1 then and has climbed since...

• Options
    imagerochella:

My DS had a severe bladder infection when he got a fever.  Not a single other symptom - UTIs are often like that for babies, though it's extremely rare for a boy to get a UTI (mine had an underlying cause, kidney reflux)  

While I would be shocked if your DS had something like that, just because there are no other symptoms doesn't mean there's not a problem!  It's good to get it checked out if it persists over a day or increases.  Check him overnight and in the morning to see what it's doing, then call a pedi if it's increased or if it's still at 101. It's probably just a little virus.

I totally agree.

But, I am overly cautious about fevers given all of Kate's issues.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"