Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

naps are a continual screaming battle now...

Ugh! Naps were going so well. If you know me, you know that naps have always been on the tougher side for C, who is a typical cat-napper. After busting my butt, and working so hard, I finally had her easily going down for naps in her crib every 1.5 hours or so. I would put her down, and she would usually pass out right away. This was going on for about 2-3 weeks. I was thrilled.

Fast forward to last week, and any time I try to put her down for a nap, even if she is ready for one, she has a scream fest and fights it. She eventually gets overtired, and it gets worse. We try the crib, swing, our laps, the Ergo. It is nuts. I know everything is a phase, but this one can pass quickly, thanks. I don't want her good naps to be a phase. I want them to be here to stay.

Ugh. Needless to say, I broke down today during one of her bouts. I am just so overall tired and exhausted.

Sorry, just had to vent a bit and find some type of outlet to get some of this out. Thanks ladies. 

Re: naps are a continual screaming battle now...

• Options
    R has been the exact same. I think it may be the result of the four month wakeful period. It is absolutely horrible!
  • Options

imagekmeek19:
    R has been the exact same. I think it may be the result of the four month wakeful period. It is absolutely horrible!

I was thinking it was part of Wonder Week 19, but it could also partner with the 4 month wakeful. She woke up twice in two hours last night after going to bed for the night. Ugh, I will beat the 4MW down if it knocks on my door. 

Good luck with R! I hope it gets better for you soon! 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagenikipau144:
    imagekmeek19:
    I was thinking it was part of Wonder Week 19, but it could also partner with the 4 month wakeful. She woke up twice in two hours last night after going to bed for the night. Ugh, I will beat the 4MW down if it knocks on my door. Good luck with R! I hope it gets better for you soon!
    Let me know if you have any success with kicking it's ass! I am so exhausted from R waking up during the night. He's up every 1-3 hours. I, seriously, am so out of it that I'm massively energized. It's frightening how giddy I am!
  • Options

imagekmeek19:
    imagenikipau144:
    imagekmeek19:
    I was thinking it was part of Wonder Week 19, but it could also partner with the 4 month wakeful. She woke up twice in two hours last night after going to bed for the night. Ugh, I will beat the 4MW down if it knocks on my door. Good luck with R! I hope it gets better for you soon!
    Let me know if you have any success with kicking it's ass! I am so exhausted from R waking up during the night. He's up every 1-3 hours. I, seriously, am so out of it that I'm massively energized. It's frightening how giddy I am!

Will do!!

Haha, I've been at the "so tired, I'm hyper" point too. It's quite interesting. Hopefully you all get some sleep soon! 

• Options
    Yup sounds like the same new fun game we're playing here these days!

• Options
    Oh lady, you have had such a rough time! Sorry and I hope you get everything worked out soon!
    imagePregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I hear ya. Our issues are at night. Lately she screams whenever she wakes up and giving her the pacifier back or nursing her a bit isn't enough. She wants to snuggle in my arms and eat and eat. Then wake in another 2 hours and repeat. If I put her done, she starts screaming. I am sick and exhausted and have only had more than 4 hours of sleep in a row on one occasion -- it was 5 hours -- and I rarely get 4 in a hour. Usually it's more like 2-3. I always find it amusing when people are frustrated that their babies that STTN are now waking up once or twice. I WISH I could get that amount of rest.

• Options

imagerenc9828:
    Oh lady, you have had such a rough time! Sorry and I hope you get everything worked out soon!

Thanks hun! It's nothing compared to what some ladies on here are dealing with, but it is frustrating. Hopefully it IS just a phase and it gets worked out of her system soon!?

• Options
    imageveebug22:

I hear ya. Our issues are at night. Lately she screams whenever she wakes up and giving her the pacifier back or nursing her a bit isn't enough. She wants to snuggle in my arms and eat and eat. Then wake in another 2 hours and repeat. If I put her done, she starts screaming. I am sick and exhausted and have only had more than 4 hours of sleep in a row on one occasion -- it was 5 hours -- and I rarely get 4 in a hour. Usually it's more like 2-3. I always find it amusing when people are frustrated that their babies that STTN are now waking up once or twice. I WISH I could get that amount of rest.

Ugh, that stinks! Hang in there! I always try to remember that I should adore the snuggle and hands full time because down the road when I want to snuggle with her, she will have nothing to do with it. It's a silver lining! Hopefully it improves soon and you can get some much needed rest!?

• Options

I am dealing with reluctance to nap and random nursing strikes.

She will nurse fine in the middle of the night and first thing in the morning, but will then scream when I try to nurse her in the evening or just before bed. This is completely random; we have gone days with everything being just fine and then today where she refused to nurse all evening.

I asked the pedi about it on Tuesday.

Me: "What could be causing this?"

Pedi: "Beats me."

Great.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageChrissieW3:

I am dealing with reluctance to nap and random nursing strikes.

She will nurse fine in the middle of the night and first thing in the morning, but will then scream when I try to nurse her in the evening or just before bed. This is completely random; we have gone days with everything being just fine and then today where she refused to nurse all evening.

I asked the pedi about it on Tuesday.

Me: "What could be causing this?"

Pedi: "Beats me."

Great.

Ha! Don't you just love answers like this! Gahhh!?

• Options

Sounds like the 4 month wakeful!

Yes it passes. But know that as soon as you get her sleeping good again, something else will come along to mess that all up. Still happens with my twins (hello molars!)

Abigail Noelle, 8.29.09
    Brady Phoenix, 8.29.09
    Claire Zoe, 10.26.10

• Options
    imagenikipau144:

imagerenc9828:

Thanks hun! It's nothing compared to what some ladies on here are dealing with, but it is frustrating. Hopefully it IS just a phase and it gets worked out of her system soon! 

This board has definitely given me perspective. However bad the situation that I am dealing with is, someone has it worse. That being said, we all need to vent and to share. I understand that that would be so frustrating. Hopefully this week will go so much better!

imagePregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"