Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

making your own food ?

For those who are doing it now or have in the past, what do you recommend for freezing baby food?  Are the Annabel Karmel trays good? Should I just look for a silicone ice cube tray? Why the heck are the Baeba trays $25??? I looked for silicone ice/brownie trays in 3 different stores yesterday and found nothing, so now I'm just going to buy online. TIA!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: making your own food ?

• Options
    I was just talking to my friend about this yesterday, she has a 7 month old and told me good old fashioned ice cube trays work perfectly. Freeze the food in those then pop them out and put them in ziplock bags, date them and write what it is. Each cube is a full serving.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I bought my ice cube trays at the dollar store!  They work perfectly! I just freeze the food overnight, then pop the cubes into freezer bags for storage.  That way I can date the bags, etc.  

SOOOOoooo not worth it for the Beaba ones- there's not even very many cubes in them!  

Mommy to Briggs (8/22/10) and Helen (7/18/14)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My Mom spoils the heck out of us, so she dropped the $ on the Beaba. I was using ice cube trays before this. I could not pop the food out sometimes and had to run the tray under warm water, the food would drop into the sink. It was kind of a pain in the a$$. I know that the beaba tray is super overpriced, but for me it was totally worth it. The portions are bigger and they are sooo much easier to pop out because the thing is made out of a soft material.

The Annabelle Karmel tray is supposed to be flexible as well, and it $10 on amazon. 

• Options
    I have the Annabel Karmel ones. I really like them. In order for them to pop out easily, you can either leave it on the counter for a few minutes and then they pop out easily.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"