Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

9 months and not crawling

my little guy just started rolling and we are not near crawling. just wondering if anyone else has a 9 month old who still isn't crawling. i'm starting to get stressed out that he is behind.

Re: 9 months and not crawling

• Options

Don't worry about it.  My DS isn't crawling yet either.  He has no interest.  Sometimes I get a little frustrated, but then I just remind myself of what he IS doing.  He's a major babbler and is trying out new sounds every day.  He cruises and has taken a few steps.  I really believe they can only focus on so many things at one time. 

I'm sure your DS is fine- will you have (maybe you already did) a 9 month appointment for him?  I would think the pedi wouldn't be concerned in the least- my understanding is that it's more of a 10 months milestone but that it's not a big deal if they don't crawl first, as long as they crawl at some point.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagedoremi29:

Don't worry about it.  My DS isn't crawling yet either.  He has no interest.  Sometimes I get a little frustrated, but then I just remind myself of what he IS doing.  He's a major babbler and is trying out new sounds every day.  He cruises and has taken a few steps.  I really believe they can only focus on so many things at one time. 

I'm sure your DS is fine- will you have (maybe you already did) a 9 month appointment for him?  I would think the pedi wouldn't be concerned in the least- my understanding is that it's more of a 10 months milestone but that it's not a big deal if they don't crawl first, as long as they crawl at some point.

we just turned 8 months but i thought i'd just offer you some advice, don't worry!!!  baby will crawl on his own terms.  I agree with PP, focus on the things that your DS is doing instead of what he isn't... my LO hasn't cruised at all, or even pulled himself up... but he rolls both ways, he will stand and hold on to the side of the tub, music activity table or couch, he's a biggggg talker and constantly trying new sounds and noises... my DS shows just about zero interest in doing much else, he's so content and rarely gets frustrated that I'm kind of worried that when the time comes and we're at 9 months old, he wont be crawling, either, but it will be okay for both of us :)  :) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS is 8 1/2 months and no where near crawling. And from all I've read, its not even listed as a true milestone since many babies will skip it all together and be fine. Like pp mentioned, I focus on what he can do! He has an awesome pincer grasp and seems like he has always been ahead on his fine motor skills vs gross motor.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

View Raw Image'>

• Options
    My nephew didn't crawl till 10 months and didn't walk till 16. But now at 18 months no one would guess so don't worry! Of course I get it though, DD is army crawling and I'm frustrated that she won't get up on all fours. We all need to relax!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    DD isn't quite 9 mo but she isn't crawling.  I am not even 1% worried about it.  Honestly I am kind of relieved, lol.  I'm not ready for her to be THAT mobile.  She rolls like crazy & that is her preferred method of transportation.  DH is working with her on getting up on her knees & rocking b/c he wants her to crawl.  Babies do things in their own time.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • Options
    not crawling here!   she sort of moves around in a circle and can go backwards, but hasnt quite figured out how to go forward.  and she is not on all fours.  so maybe she will be army crawling by 9 months.   im not worried at all.  it seems she has advanced fine motor skills and communication skills.  I know what you mean, to see other babies you are younger or same age that are crawling and pulling themselves up.....but each kid is different and will do thing when they are ready!
  • Options
    Only 8 months here, but not even rolling consistently, let alone making any efforts to crawl or pull herself up.  She will reach for toys out of her arms reach, but won't make much of an effort to move to them.  I try not to let myself worry and do the same as previous posters have said of focusing on the positive things she is doing and how social she is.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"