Cincinnati Babies

NBR: Where is the cheapest place to buy contacts?

I am going to start wearing contact lenses again after years of wearing glasses.  I think Thoma & Sutton (where I got fitted) actually has a pretty good deal on a year's supply of lenses -- but I want to shop around a little and make sure I'm getting the best price.

Where have you found to be the cheapest place to order contacts?

Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
imageimage
imageimage
The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler

Re: NBR: Where is the cheapest place to buy contacts?

• Look at 1800 contacts- If you buy a year supply, Walmart will double the rebate if you buy them in the store. 

For me, I use Bausch and Lomb's daily disposables.  They're $360.  1800contacts has a $60 rebate.  Walmart took another $60 off for buying them in store.  I don't know if the doubling works if you don't get your exam there, but it might be worth trying. 

• I use aclens.com and always have. I think they have great prices and their customer service is excellent. If you sign up for their email list, they will send you % off coupons all the time .
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageteacherjess:
    I use aclens.com and always have. I think they have great prices and their customer service is excellent. If you sign up for their email list, they will send you % off coupons all the time .

OMG, the pricing from this place is unbelievable.  I can get a year's supply for less than $200.  You rock!

Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
    Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler
  • imageteacherjess:
    I use aclens.com and always have. I think they have great prices and their customer service is excellent. If you sign up for their email list, they will send you % off coupons all the time .

Shoot!  I just ordered a yearly supply from 1800contacts but it would have been $50 cheaper with aclens.com  

I will definitely order from that site next time.  Thanks for posting this!

• imageallibaba76:

imageteacherjess:

Shoot!  I just ordered a yearly supply from 1800contacts but it would have been $50 cheaper with aclens.com  

I will definitely order from that site next time.  Thanks for posting this!

Yes, they are great, and their customer service is handled by actual humans...so when they email you, it's actually someone named Brad or someone named Jessica or whoever who will handle your account. If you buy from them, they send you re-order discounts, and so when they think you're due for a re-order, they send you a 10% coupon. In July, they do a sale with free shipping. I read about them in Good Housekeeping a few years ago, and their prices are always better than anywhere else. When I ordered this year's supply, I paid $110 and the price at Walmart Optical was $270. Unbelievable.

• i have always used 1800contacts but think i need to look at aclens for my next order!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"