Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Is there ANYTHING I can do about pp hairloss?

I have hair falling out everywhere.  I keep clogging the drain in the shower-it is literally coming out by the handful. There is hair everywhere in my house, and R loves to pull on my hair, so he ends up with my hair in his hands and all over his clothes.

Seriously. Is there anything I can do? I'm afraid I'll be bald soon. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Is there ANYTHING I can do about pp hairloss?

• Options

I don't think so :(.

My hair is all crazy because I found out I was pregnant while losing hair from my daughter's pregnancy.  So I have this whole section of hair right now that is super whispy and shortish (which I guess is re-growth from first pregnancy) and now I am losing more hair from my most recent pregnancy.

I have asked my hair person about any shampoos or things I could do.  Unfortunately, they said that it really can't be helped and they promised I wouldn't be bald. 

• Options
    Nope. It sucks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mine is falling out everywhere too!!! I actually did my hair the other day with and my bathroom floor was COVERED in hair and my SO was like "WTF??" lol
  • Options

I literally have a bald spot in the front of my hairline...thank goodness for bangs!

It sucks and I will commiserate with you.

• Options
    Right there with you.  If only they made rogaine for women...
  • Options
    I am still taking my prenatal vitamins and fish oil..stopped for bit, mainly b/c I forgot, and the hair loss was BAD, started again being good about it and I swear it's slowed down to normal now..or it could just be that maybe it's just slowing down anyway. Either way, I was nervous too!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Take vitamins. If you keep your body healthy then your hair should stay healthy as well.
    Sometimes it's okay to follow. (Picture is a clicky)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I don't think so.  I still take PNV due to BF and mine is still coming out.  Maybe it would be worse if I wasn't, I don't know.
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Anyone know when it stops? My GP told me to keep taking PNV for a year PP regardless of BF'ing or not. I also take a Bcomplex for my tendonitis. Awesome. 33 and I'm already falling apart ...
  • Options
    I take my vitamins and my hair loss is disgusting! I would say about 4 hand full chunks worth a day. I am over it!! I know from DS 1 it dies stop, then it's short fuzzies, can't wait!
  • Options
    you can take biotin.. its a vitamin for your hair and nails.. you can take up to 2000 mg a day... you loose a lot of hair after pregnancy b/c the last 2 months of pregnancy you don't loose any...
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    If you find the solution I would like to know as well.. it's ridiculous!! & my hair is VERY long.. it gets on everything.  I feel like a shedding dog lol
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

It was really bad around 4 months pp, but it has really slowed down.  Take your vitamins and some biotin and hope it passes quickly.

• Options
    imageaforst:
    I don't think so.  I still take PNV due to BF and mine is still coming out.  Maybe it would be worse if I wasn't, I don't know.
  • Options
    Oh my gosh, so totally going through this right now and my hair was really long, too.  i ended up having almost 4 inches cut yesterday and with todays shower, the loss didn't seem as bad-mainly because the hair lost is shorter, I guess.  There have been some serious creatures cloggong the drains this last month,  So gross!  You know, none of the prenatal books I had mentioned this at all!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

My husband is snaking the tub right now, he pulled out a clump big enough to make a wig for my cat. I am just going to add more layers and space out my highlights more to create an "illusion" that I still have enough hair. I've also been doing weekly deep conditioning treatments, but I don't see any improvement. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"