Cincinnati Babies

Convertible carseats - Evenflo vs Britax

I'm looking at convertible carseats. Consumer Reports has the Evenflo Triumph Advanced ranked highest. But I've always heard good things about Britax, so I'm looking at the Roundabout or Marathon.

So if you have the Evenflo Triumph or Britax Marathon or Roundabout, tell me what you think.

For $50-$75 extra, is the Marathon worth it over the Roundabout?

Amazon's got Britax boosters and convertible carseats 25% off through the 16th. 

Re: Convertible carseats - Evenflo vs Britax

• We have the Evenflo Triumph and love it! My favorite part about it is the Infinite Slide Harness adjustment system and the TensionRight knob. No more re threading the harness as they grow and the knob tightens harness easily from the side. I have had to wash the cover a few times bc H got sick and it has come out in perfect condition. I just hung it on a folding chair to air dry!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I absolutely LOVE my marathon. I've dealt with Evenflos and other brands before (nanny for a long time) and I think the Marathon is by far my favorite.
    I would check www.allbeebaby.com... I found them to have the best deal on all carseats.. Free shipping all the time. I got our marathon for under $200
  • Loading the player...
  • We have the Triumph Advance and the Britax Roundabout.  I don't like the Triumph.  We really really wish we would have just spent the $50 extra to buy two Roundabouts.  The Roundabout is way easier to adjust the straps, fits better in the car, and our daugher prefers it as well.  I know a lot of people on here really like the Triumph, though, so I think we may just be a minority in not liking it.
    Mason Louise
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have the Triumph and really like it, although I do not have any experience with Britax.
  • We have 3 Triumph's between me, DH and my parents....I have no complaints about it, but I don't have any experience with Britax.

• We have 2 Britax Roundabouts, and we love them! (DD does too!) They received great ratings, were easy to install RF and FF, and the straps are easy to adjust. We also like that we are able to velcro the straps to the sides for ease in getting DD in and out of the cars.
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • We like our triumph....but i've never used the britax.
    Jennie Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • We have a Britax Marathon in my car, that DS is usually in. I have no complaints. The straps never need to be re-threaded and it seems pretty comfy for DS. It was pretty easy to install (thanks to Meg41208!).

He's still RFing at 30.5 in and still has plenty of room to grow RFing.

DS #1 born January 2010. DS #2 due June 2014.

• We have both the Roundabout and the Triumph.  I like both of them very much for different reasons.

The Roundabout is a great seat, very comfortable.  It is very easy to adjust the straps and is ridiculously easy to install in the car.  It's on the smaller side, so it would fit great in a smaller car.  Justin is tall for his age and had just about outgrown it at the height requirement at age 2.5, so Tyler is in it now.

The Triumph has a higher weight limit and is a little bit bigger seat.  I think it looks every bit as comfortable as the Roundabout if not more so.  I like that the straps don't have to be re-threaded when your child grows taller (therefore, no uninstall and re-install of the seat).  The knob on the side is a great feature for tightening the straps and I think I might like the Evenflo better just for that feature alone.  I think the Britax seats are tougher to adjust when they are rear-facing.

Tyler is a big kid - he's nearly 30 pounds and about 34" tall, and he's still comfortably rear-facing in both of these seats (one in each of our cars).  Personally, I don't think you can go wrong with either one.  

Justin Thomas joined us on 8.4.07
    Tyler Anthony arrived on 9.21.09
    imageimage
    imageimage
    The Chronicles of Justin and Tyler
  • imagelisamm1:
    We have the Triumph Advance and the Britax Roundabout.  I don't like the Triumph.  We really really wish we would have just spent the $50 extra to buy two Roundabouts.  The Roundabout is way easier to adjust the straps, fits better in the car, and our daugher prefers it as well.  I know a lot of people on here really like the Triumph, though, so I think we may just be a minority in not liking it.

Ditto. 

• I have an Evenflo Triumph for Jacob and I have no complaints, it is a great car seat.  We have a britax for Audrey that I scored for $100 at Target, but we have not used it yet.  The only reason I got the britax for Audrey was because of cheap price, otherwise I would go with EvenFlo.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"