Cincinnati Babies

NBR: Cleaning hardwood/parquet floors

What do you use to clean your hardwood/parquet floors?
Welcome to the world Finley Michael - born 2/13/2010 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers pregnancy
Baby Sister is coming soon!

Re: NBR: Cleaning hardwood/parquet floors

• I was told after we had ours refinished, to only use vinegar and warm water. That is what I use. It makes the house smell like a I just dyed easter eggs. LOL but they are shining cleaning!
    "Onward"--CathyMD Waiting since 07/5/2011 for our forever child! Yep we are adopting!
  • imageJessica&Brett:

I just don't wash them. Wink

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageAllieSchmallie:

imageJessica&Brett:

I just don't wash them. Wink

Notice that I'm asking this after living at my house for 5 months.... oops!  Ha!

Welcome to the world Finley Michael - born 2/13/2010 Lilypie Third Birthday tickers pregnancy
    Baby Sister is coming soon!
  • We had ours refinished when we moved in and I asked the same question. The guy told me to use a micro fiber mop and non ammonia windex. It works pretty we except for dried cat puke that end up on the floor at least once a week and for that I just use hot water and a rag. I did buy the shark vac and steam about a month or so ago and it's my new best friend! Cuts my sweeping/mopping time in half! I don't steam every week, only every other week or so.
    6/28/10: Lost our sweet baby Addyston at 18wk 1day to pPROM 7/24/11: Michael William born at 24wk 2d due to IC after an emergent cerclage at 18wks, 4wk home BR and 2 weeks hospital BR. Grow strong our little Miracle! 9/17/11: Michael joined his sister in heaven after 8 amazing weeks with us on earth. He fought a very hard fight but NEC was too much for him in the end. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I tried vinegar and water.  The problem with older floors is that vinegar will warp them, and it streaks like mad.  So I tried the Bona system (you can find it at Lowes with the other cleaners).  I use the regular microfiber mop (not the battery powered one that looks like a WetJet).  Spray on the Bona cleaner and wipe with the mop.  It really works very well, and dissolves dried on crud in just a few seconds.  It is not oily at all, non toxic, and does not streak.  The kit comes with the mop handle, a dust mop head for sweeping up fine dust, the microfiber mop head, and a sherpa mop head for polishing.  I do not like their polish (messy), and just use the floor cleaner.  I really like it enough to not want to look for anything else.  I have the parquet here too, and it is a PITA to deal with.  I can't wait to see it gone, but the Bona stuff is keeping me sane in the meantime.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • I use Bona too but I didnt buy a kit.  We bought a cheap microfiber mop and the Bona spray cleaner and i just spray it on where needed and go over it with the mop.  Our floors are ebony so they mainly show dust which comes up with a dry swiffer. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"