Trouble TTC
Options

Cramping and back pain 5dpiui (updated)

Hi ladies! I have a question it might sound like a stupid newbie question but I need your opinion. I started having on and off again cramping yesterday afternoon at 4dpiui. Now this afternoon my lower back is starting to hurt. The cramping seems to be coming from my ovaries. It's almost the same feeling I get when AF is on her way. Nothing really bad but enough to make me wonder if I should call the doctor and let him know whats going on. Would you call the doctor or do you think this is normal? I did not have cramping like this my first two IUI?s.

Update: I talked to the nurse she said it's common to have cramping around a week after IUI. She told me to take Tylenol and to use a heating pad. She said if the pain gets worse or I spike a fever to call right away.

So I guess I'm just over reacting and over analyzing everything. LOL I guess it's better to know than to worry right?

imageimage
TTC Since 2/2009
2/2010 - 5/2010 Testing with OBGYN
8/2010 First RE Appointment
11/2010 Second Opinion RE Appointment
12/2010 Clomid + IUI #1 = BFN
1/2011 Clomid + IUI #2 = BFN
2/2011 Clomid + IUI #3 = BFN
5/2011 IVF #1, ET 6/2, Beta 6/15 = BFN
8/2011 FET ET 9/12 = BFN :0(
On a break to save money.
1/2012 IVF #2 ER 1/12, ET 1/15, Beta 1/27 = BFFN
4/2012 FET ET ??/?? =
p/saif welcome

Re: Cramping and back pain 5dpiui (updated)

• Options
    I started cramping with all my IUIs right around 4dp. Not sure about the back pain though...I would at least call the Dr. and let them know. I doubt there's much they can do or tell you but at least you'll have some piece of mind. GL!
    TTC 12/2009
    Me: 32 - Stage II Endo / DH: 36 - Low count and morphology (1%)
    IUIs 1-3 BFN, lap Dec. 2010, IUIs 4-6 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 - ER 2/8: 24R 19M 9F ET 2/13 2-5 day blasts (no frosties) = BFP - b/g twins!
    E & C Born 10/19/2012
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Just wanted to let you know I went through the same thing from over stimulation. My ovaries felt swollen and my back hurt like...I can't even explain it?!?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageleecrystalwed08:
    Just wanted to let you know I went through the same thing from over stimulation. My ovaries felt swollen and my back hurt like...I can't even explain it?!?

That's what I'm worried about. I had 4 follicles this time 22, 22, 17, 19. My ovaries don't feel swollen but they are crampy. It's not a horribly bad pain just uncomfortable. I'll give the doctor a call just to be safe.

Thanks ladies! 

imageimage
    TTC Since 2/2009
    2/2010 - 5/2010 Testing with OBGYN
    8/2010 First RE Appointment
    11/2010 Second Opinion RE Appointment
    12/2010 Clomid + IUI #1 = BFN
    1/2011 Clomid + IUI #2 = BFN
    2/2011 Clomid + IUI #3 = BFN
    5/2011 IVF #1, ET 6/2, Beta 6/15 = BFN
    8/2011 FET ET 9/12 = BFN :0(
    On a break to save money.
    1/2012 IVF #2 ER 1/12, ET 1/15, Beta 1/27 = BFFN
    4/2012 FET ET ??/?? =
    p/saif welcome
  • Options

I had really bad cramping the day of my IUI, and some the day after. I'm 4dpiui today, and I've felt a few cramps also. I'm glad you called the doc about it, and put yourself at ease. Thats always good to know. My back and feet are killing me, but I think thats because I had a crazy night at work last night, and ran all over the hospital for 8 hrs straight!

I'm trying not to psych myself into PG symptoms, but it is so hard. I just can't get it out of my mind. And DH doesn't help either! He is so hopeful this cycle that its driving me crazy thinking about how disappointed he will be if I get a BFN!

• Options

I'm glad you called and got some answers :)

I had cramping at 5dpiui and I was trying really hard not to think: "could these be implantation cramps???"  Ugh, just when I think I'm over all of these early symptom thoughts...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"