New York Babies

Poughkeepsie pediatrician rec

edited July 2021 in New York Babies
I'm due with my first child next month..I've been told that Dr Malek at Bambini Peds is wonderful. I go to MKMG on Rt 9 for my ob/gyn, and was interested if anyone had anything to say about their 2 pediatricians Drs. Cutler and Parsons?  They seem to have better hours than Dr Malek, and I've never had a bad experience at MKMG.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Or any OTHER recommendations....

Re: Poughkeepsie pediatrician rec

• We use the Mid Hudson Medical Group. They have 5 pediatricians I think, but we use Dr. Weis and LOVE him. I've also seen Dr. Panalosa and a female doctor whose name I can't remember. Everyone is wonderful. I love that the lab and radiology is in the same building. Also, they are open 365 days a year if your kid is sick (I think you have to call and they will come in on Sundays & holidays).  We go to the Fishkill office, but they have one in Poughkeepsie and also in Hopewell.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • thank you so much for the information...I will look into them as well! 
  • Loading the player...
  • imagesoon2beMrs.H:
    We use the Mid Hudson Medical Group. They have 5 pediatricians I think, but we use Dr. Weis and LOVE him. I've also seen Dr. Panalosa and a female doctor whose name I can't remember. Everyone is wonderful. I love that the lab and radiology is in the same building. Also, they are open 365 days a year if your kid is sick (I think you have to call and they will come in on Sundays & holidays).  We go to the Fishkill office, but they have one in Poughkeepsie and also in Hopewell.

I used MHMG as my general practioners and obgyns until about 6 months ago.  Unfortunately, I go to a different practice now due to location but miss the drs at MHMG.  I have heard great things about the pediatricians in the group

• We use MKMG for all of our Dr.'s.  DD has seen Dr. Parson's and Dr. Cutler.  They are both wonderful with her as are the nurses.  I've called 2 x's after hours and both times the answering service connected me directly to Dr. Cutler (who is her primary care) they really take the time to listen to any concerns we have and are great about explaining illnesses and vaccines.  The best part is DD is extremely comfortable with both of them.  They make it a point to talk to her and make sure she understands what's going on (as best a 4 year old can!)

DD also has a speech processing disorder that she see's a neurologist for, and allergies.  At their Brewster Office they have both a Pediatric Allergist and Neurologist.  It's really nice being able to use the same group for all our needs.

BabyFruit Ticker

IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/qpqv84.jpg[/IMG]

Patiently waiting for little brother!

• LadyDianna,

Thanks so much for the response. Have you ever had any issues with long waiting time, or anything like that?  I was going to go to TLC Peds originally, but was advised to stay away because of how busy they always are. Someone told me they've waited 1- 2 hours just for a regular visit. And, that they felt like a number there. So, being that MKMG is on the larger side of practices, I didn't know if they had the same issues. I've never really had waiting issues in the ob/gyn dept, though? 

• i also use mhmg, andrew sees dr. weiss- very nice. i also have had good interactions with dr. doddard, dr. garcia , and dr. castellano?, while working in the er at vassar, they almost always come in to see/evaluate any of they patients if they are sick.
    Enjoying parenthood after 3 1/2 long years of trying...
  • We've never had a problem with wait time at MKMG.  They've only had an office in Poughkeepsie for a couple years and since they only have two Pediatricians I don't think they have that many patients as of yet.  During flu season they have a lot of patients come from westchester to get shots b/c they can get an appointment weeks sooner in Poughkeepsie.  Any time Lina has been sick they have brought her right into a patient room. I think the most amount of time we've had to wait is 10 mins for a well visit.

We used TLC initially and while I did like them, the wait time was usually 1/2 an hour or more. I also ended up getting into an argument w/ Lina's Dr. because I wanted to spread her vaccine's out.  She would run really high fever's (103 or higher) and have fits of uncontrollable crying every time she would get her shots, so I wanted her to get only one at a time, and then come back every two weeks to get another until she was caught up.   She gave me such a hard time after a few times even though DD stopped running the fevers and having such bad reactions. (and I was keeping her completely up to date on her vaccines.) I just switched her, DD, myself and DH all like Dr. Cutler and Dr. Parson's much better.  DD prefers Dr. Parson's though.

BabyFruit Ticker

IMG]http://i39.tinypic.com/qpqv84.jpg[/IMG]

Patiently waiting for little brother!

• great information...thank you so much everyone!!

I have my next Dr appt with MKMG for my 36-almost 37 weeks, and I scheduled a meet and greet with Dr. Cutler  - so we'll see how it goes!  I can always switch if it doesn't work out.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"