Pre-School and Daycare
Options

What time of day does Kindergarten start?

I was wondering this since our preschool program for 3 year olds is 9-12, and then for age 4 it is 8:30-11:30.  I was thinking maybe it is to help prepare kids for starting the day earlier.  I'm sure in part it is so that the programs don't conflict (for those who have more than 1 child).

Re: What time of day does Kindergarten start?

• Options
    Regular school is from 9:40 to 4:03 in our district (k-5) so full day and morning kindergarten or morning kinderconnection start at 9:40 with before care starting anytime after 6:45.  Not sure what time half day afternoon kindergarten starts but I would guess at around 1 which is about halfway through the school day.  We have a late start school so morning care is very popular at my school!
    Jenni Mom to DD#1 - 6-16-06 DD#2 - 3-13-08 
  • Options
    It all depends on where you live.  Where I teach Kdg is half day and the AM session is from 7:50-10:50 and the PM session is from 11:35-2:35. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yup, depends on where you live. We start ridiculously early as far as I'm concerned. 7:15 am. We have full day kindie.
    Lilypie 5th Birthday Ticker,Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker image
  • Options
    Our elementary school starts at 7:50 and they ask that students are dropped off between 7:20 and 7:40.  Don't ask me how I'm going to get three kids up and out by 7:20 in the morning.  Luckily, it's right down the street and we'll be walking...or maybe we'll be driving because the other two and I might still be in our PJs.  Right now, we leave at 8:45 to get to preschool by 9.  Ugh
  • Options
    Elementary school here starts @ 9 while the high school starts @750.
    Brandi dd - Emma Rose - 6.24.06 dd - Alexis Grace - 09.03.10 Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    #6#6 member

Here preschool is 8:45am-2:45pm.  Kindergarten starts at the same time as the elementary school at 8:30am-3:00.   

• Options
    8am but they allow drop off as early as 730 (free breakfast) or you can start waiting in a near by classroom at 745

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"