Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months
Options

Diaper Rash Relief?

My LO has some pretty bad diaper rash going on. He doesn't want to sit down, screams when I go to change him, doesn't really want to eat or play and isn't himself.  Tried a lukewarm bath, let him walk around without the diaper and am using lots of A&D.  Waiting for a call back from the nurse to see if they have any other suggestions to make him a little more comfortable.  Thought I would ask around to see if anyone here has any suggestions?  TIA

*** William Abner 8/25/2008 24w3d *** Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Diaper Rash Relief?

• Options

I found that Desitin worked better than A&D ointment. But then again I'm no expert since we only had 1 rash ever.  I will say that I use Desitin on his bum at every single diaper change and I really think that is what kept daiper rashes away.

Also I was thinking -- if it is really that painful - maybe it's a yeast infection - that would suck.  Call the pedi to make sure it's nothing more than a standard daiper rash. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    For us, All natural Bourdreauxs Butt Paste works better than any other cream.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageNiniJ55:

I found that Desitin worked better than A&D ointment. But then again I'm no expert since we only had 1 rash ever.  I will say that I use Desitin on his bum at every single diaper change and I really think that is what kept daiper rashes away.

Also I was thinking -- if it is really that painful - maybe it's a yeast infection - that would suck.  Call the pedi to make sure it's nothing more than a standard daiper rash. 

Thanks for the suggestions. Jealous that you have only had 1 rash!

I have tried Desitin and Butt Paste and finally landed on A&D since that was the only thing that would help when he had a break out. I use it with evey diaper change.  He went to bed fine but looks like he pooped sometime in the night and woke up with a huge wet poopy diaper and his butt was bright red. 

Left a message at the doctor's office and waiting for a call back.  Thanks again!

*** William Abner 8/25/2008 24w3d *** Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Desitin usually works well for us.  A friend of mine told me her pedi had recommended putting liquid Mylanta on her baby's bottom.  He had a severe diaper rash and she said it worked.  I would definitely check with your pedi first, as it seems a little weird, but supposedly it works!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Triple Paste -- it's expensive, but it works like a dream... totally worth it (we only use it for rashes, otherwise nothing or desitin). LO's bottom will be looking back to normal in about a day or two.
  • Options

I just made a post about this on my blog, it's the ONLY method I've found that works because none of the creams on the planet work by themselves for his rashes. After tons of horrid diaper rashes I finally found a concoction of things and a method that works and it hasn't failed me yet! HIH!

https://www.mommamaven.com/2011/02/our-magical-diaper-rash-cure.html

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Broken boob FFing, babywearing, co-sleeping, PPD warrior,colic survivor, proud WAHM! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Momma Maven In The Making!
  • Options

imagedbos99:
    Desitin usually works well for us.  A friend of mine told me her pedi had recommended putting liquid Mylanta on her baby's bottom.  He had a severe diaper rash and she said it worked.  I would definitely check with your pedi first, as it seems a little weird, but supposedly it works!

This does work wonders, but to make it a little easier to spread mix the Mylanta with Aquafor. A friend told me this recipe that she got from her pedi. It works every time. 

• Options
    Definitely letting him walk around without the diaper on as much as you can.  Maybe also trying to keep him still as much as you can because the friction might aggrevate it.  Did you try a different diaper cream?  Like Desitin?  We have never had much luck with A&D.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We LOVE the california baby diaper cream. And when he's irritated we use the cali baby calendula cream. That + air time has always cleared him right up - it even battles yeast better than nystatin!

Poor guy :-( I hope he feels better soon!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"