LGBT Parenting

where to move

We are wanting to move back to so cal.  so our options are the following would love if anyone who knows anything  about these areas elaborates especially if any of then are gay friendly, 

Palmdale, CA

Lancaster, CA

Rancho Cucomonga, CA

Upland, CA

Ontario,CA

- 2 Moms 2 Twins Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
our Blog -http://dosbabies.wordpress.com/

Re: where to move

• Rancho Cucamonga - Rancho is a wine community and is expensive as far as house prices and rent but pretty much anywhere in Rancho is a great place to live.  There is a great outdoor mall called Victoria Gardens where all kinds of families hang out and there is always something going on (free outdoor concerts/movies, kids playing in the fountain when it's hot).  There are bike trails all throughout the city, it's a very family friendly place.  Check here for the Rancho Cucamonga City website.  I would live here if we could afford it.

Ontario - Ontario can be hit or miss as far as housing goes, it has it's bad areas and it's good areas but it's an affordable city.  There are a lot of job opportunities in Ontario.  There is the Citizens Business Bank Arena where you can watch hockey games and concerts, and the Onatrio Mills Mall (it's huge).  Check here for the Ontario City website.  I would live here in certain areas.

Upland - Upland is one of those quiet in the residential areas and busy in town type of places.  It has a historic dowtown area with lots of cute little shops and nice restaurants and also a busier/newer downtown area with lots to do.  Check here for the Upland City website.  I wold definitely live here.

All three of these areas are gay friendly, they don't have Pride parades but J and I have never encountered any issues in these areas.  They aren't "gay communities" like Long Beach/San Francisco but are very accepting, the Inland Empire (which these cities are a part of) is overall pretty gay friendly.  Also, any of these three cities are perfectly in the middle of San Diego and Los Angeles, the beach, the mountains, and the desert so you have the opportunity to visit lots of fun places.

I'm not familiar with Lancaster and Palmdale but I asked J and she said there isn't a whole lot to do in that area and when it snows, the freeway that connects you to civilization (lol) get closed down.  She gave an "eh" look when I asked about Palmdale and Lancaster.

• imagebutterflygrooves:

All three of these areas are gay friendly, they don't have Pride parades but J and I have never encountered any issues in these areas.  They aren't "gay communities" like Long Beach/San Francisco but are very accepting, the Inland Empire (which these cities are a part of) is overall pretty gay friendly.  Also, any of these three cities are perfectly in the middle of San Diego and Los Angeles, the beach, the mountains, and the desert so you have the opportunity to visit lots of fun places.

I'm not familiar with Lancaster and Palmdale but I asked J and she said there isn't a whole lot to do in that area and when it snows, the freeway that connects you to civilization (lol) get closed down.  She gave an "eh" look when I asked about Palmdale and Lancaster.

butterflygrooves,  you are the one in San bernadino right ? You are a wealth of information!!! SO funny i was already on each city's site.  THANK YOU. I feel the same way J feels about Lancaster and Palmdale.  Its a pealing because I can get a house for cheap that is huge but HELLO CIVILIZATION .

We should certainly talk more- I am og from so cal but dont know much about riverside and san bernadino other than my dad works out there in commercial real estate.   So i know these communities have gone though gentrification unlike plamdale and lancaster which i found out are nicked named PALMTON and KLU KLUX KLANCASTER eeek !

I am sending you a PM with my email I would love to chat more!!!! Maybe we will neighbors!

• Loading the player...
  • My SO has been begging me to move to her hometown in California. I'm a small town girl; Cali both excites me and scares the crap outta me!!  Where are you moving from? (sorry if you said, I might have missed)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageCourtneyNThomas:
    My SO has been begging me to move to her hometown in California. I'm a small town girl; Cali both excites me and scares the crap outta me!!  Where are you moving from? (sorry if you said, I might have missed)

My wife and I are originally from the San Fernando Valley in Southern California. We moved to NV due to Jay being laid off and its much cheaper in NV. So we decided that we wold relocate to a very cheap condo in NV ( jay's parents investment property) and we could have health insurance and try to conceive and save money . WHICH WE DID ,,,

So now that we are pregnant with TWO BABIES we feel like we need to move baco to California and be closer to our parents but  we made such great friends here in NV and to our surprise a great group of gay friends and a lot of them are expecting also!

M&J

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"