Birth Stories
Options

My twin Vaginal&C-section

Sorry it took so long for me to get you an update! Yesterday/lastnight was pretty rough!  It all started yesterday morning at my appointment.  My OBGYN informed me that the lab work they did on me last week came back and my platelet count was dangouresly low and my BP just wasn't going down.  They sent me to the L&D to do a little more testing and figure out what was going on.  As most of you know, DH had just left to Salt Lake City for a business trip and wasn't scheduled back till friday night.  I gave him a call and told him what was up and told him to be ready to hop on a flight back ASAP.  We got to the hospital, and they did all of my labs, and came to the conclusion that I was quickly developing Preeclampsia and that I needed to be induced.  At this point I was pretty much freaking out, and I called my husband and told him to get his ass back to Nebraska because we were having babies, and he headed strait to the airport.  They soon started me on pitocin and I started to have some contractions pretty close together.  They were painful, but I'm tougher then you all think :).  a few hours later my OB came in and broke Alayna's bag of waters to speed up labor a little bit. Then they got someone in to give me the epidural, which isn't bad at all!  My blood pressure was verrry high, I think it peaked at 174/108, and they just moved me around alot to try and get it down, the only way they could get lower readings was laying me on my left side.  Kevin called me a little bit later and told me he didn't know if he was going to catch this next flight, and if he didn't, he would probably miss the births.  I was SO scared! But then I got the best phone call ever that he got on the early flight and would be back in plenty of time!  Then I got really excited, and was ready for my babies to get here!  Then soon, my contractions were going off the charts, and I was starting to beable to feel them! It wasn't the most pleasent feeling in the world, I will tell you that!  The nurses and Dr.s tried many things, they got everything numbed, except my contractions.  They told me I wasn't taking to it like I should, and I was just going to manage the pain.  Kevin finally showed up, I was SO happy!  By this point I was about 5cm dialated and 100% effaced, it was like 10:45pm and they told me it could be another 4-5 hours.  45 min later, I kept telling my mom that I thought I was pooping, I couldn't feel my butt, so I just felt the pressure back there.  I told the nurse that, and she decided to do an internal and see if that pressure was progress.  I ended up being 9cm dialated and about ready to push!! They were going to let Kevin and my mom in the OR, so they got them all dressed in their  gear, and we headed to the OR.  Once I got in there, they got me all ready, legs in sturrups, and ready to push.  It kind of sucked because I could feel my contractions and it hurt pretty bad.  They initially told me that with this being my 1st pregnancy, It could take a few hours to push.  They rolled me into OR at midnight, and Alayna was here by 12:15am!! They called me a "pro pusher" haha.  Then they said we would wait, we had to wait for Livian to engage her head down so I could push her out.  I had been laying there a while, she was head down, but her head just wasn't low enough.  Also, the Dr. that was feeling her ( yes she had her hand all up in me) said that she could feel Livian's hand above her head, which wasn't good.  They tried for a while to get Livi's hand away from her head.  They thought maybe if they broke her bag of waters, they could feel her better.  That is when all hell broke loose.  Once they broke my water, they noticed that there was an imbilical cord above her head also, and it was getting prolapsed, preventing Livi from getting oxygen.  I had no idea what was going on, and before I knew it I heard my Dr. say "alright, lets get her ready for a section".  They kicked my mom and Kevin out of the room and started getting the OR ready for a C-section.  They were all running around like crazy and rushing.  I reminded them that my epidural wasn't working on my abdomen, so they decided they had to put me under.  Before I knew it I was waking up somewhere, in tons of pain, and no clue of what was going on!  They got Livi out, and she was doing okay as far as I knew.  Alayna Marjorie Wells was born at 12:13am at 5lbs 5oz, and Livian Elizabeth Wells was born at 12:42am weighing 5lbs even.  Livian wasn't doing as well as her sister, and after a short stay in the regular nursery, they decided that she just wasn't breathing good enough and put her in the NICU (neo-natal intensive care unit).  Then early this morning, Alayna started making some "grunting" noises along with her breathing, which was her having to work hard to breath.  They decided she should probably stay in the NICU also to get her breathing  better. I was in alot of pain, and I really just wanted some water, which they wouldn't let me have!!  They had to push around on my abdomen, which was probably the worst pain I have felt through this whole process.  Right after that, the family (besides DH), left to go get some rest, and the nurse continued to torture me with no water and rubbing around on my incision.  They were giving me morphine, they finally pushed me to go see my girls!  The most beautiful sight I have ever seen!  I didn't (abd still haven't) get to hold them yet :(.  They pushed me up to post-partum and gave me lots of pain meds, and told me to get some rest.  I was in and out of sleep all morning, and my mom, sister, and grandma came back around 10am.  The girls are doing okay, Livian is needing a little more help than Alayna, and Livian is on a Cpap.  Alayna is just on 50cc's of oxygen.  They are thinking maybe late tonight or tomorrow I might beable to nurse.  They are going to give me lunch soon, and if I have no problems keeping it down, they are gonna give me some goooood drugs!  I will be here for atleast two days, they were still monitering my blood pressure, and it has went down so that is good!!!  I probably left some stuff out, I'm a little fuzzy from morphine.  As far as right now, we don't know how long the girls will have to stay here.  All we can do is pray that they get strong fast!! I wan't to hold my babies!!  I had DH take some more pictures, I will have them up soon!!
Livian Elizabeth and Alayna Marjorie!  On their way to 3!
Lilypie - (mtvk)
Lilypie - (WdLV)

Re: My twin Vaginal&C-section

• Options
    Congratulations on the births of your girls! I am glad they are doing better and that you've gotten the chance to heal. We look forward to seeing pictures of your new angels.
  • Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your little girls. Praying for a short NICU stay.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Congrats on your little girls!  Hope a speedy recovery for you and a short NICU stay for your girls.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"