Military Families
Options

Tricare prime after baby is born for how long?

Before LO was born, I went to the tricare office to see what was covered, what we needed to do, etc.  I swear they told us that she will be covered under prime for 90 days and everything will be 100% covered.

Then we got a bill for her first set of vaccinations, and they're trying to tell us it was the first 60 days that she was covered 100%.  She got her vaccinations in the 62nd day, ugh.

Does anyone remember from when their baby was born, was it 90 days or 60 days they were automatically enrolled in prime? TIA!!

Re: Tricare prime after baby is born for how long?

• Options
    We were told 60 days on Prime and we had to get them enrolled and a PCM as soon as possible so we didn't lapse.
    Our Blog TTC since 10/2004 Follistim+Ovidril+Metformin=BFP on 12/8/08 2 heartbeats-12/30/08 Betas- 10DPO-104 12DPO-274 Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I was told to go in within the first 30 days
    imageimage
  • Options

imagetheaustins05:
    I was told to go in within the first 30 days

This. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We got 0 days. They automatically enrolled my DD into Standard. When DH showed them a print of the Tricare web site saying the baby would be on Prime the woman told him it was wrong. We wanted Standard but I think it is funny how you can never get a straight answer.
  • Options
    thanks ladies! i got charged for all of her vaccinations on her 62nd day of life, so im guessing this is why!! Must be 60 days!
  • Options
    I was just told this yesterday by a friend who has 2 LOs! Apparently it is a secret they try to keep from you. She also wasn't aware of the 60 day limit when her daughter was born and had to pay for the 2 month vaccinations (ended up being $300). Sorry you had to find out the hard way. I know I will be telling my friends about this little secret!
    BabyFruit Ticker image
  • Options

imagekatiebug388:
    I was just told this yesterday by a friend who has 2 LOs! Apparently it is a secret they try to keep from you. She also wasn't aware of the 60 day limit when her daughter was born and had to pay for the 2 month vaccinations (ended up being $300). Sorry you had to find out the hard way. I know I will be telling my friends about this little secret!

I'm not trying to knock your friend, but I don't have kids and I know that it's 60 days.  I have never heard that it's a secret, and every one I know is told get them in DEERS right away so you can get them into Tricare.

• Options

imagekatiebug388:

It's hardly a secret- it's on their webpage, and they will tell you the same thing over the phone. The OP even said that she was told, but couldn't remember 60 or 90 days.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageSheilaE:

imagekatiebug388:

I'm not trying to knock your friend, but I don't have kids and I know that it's 60 days.  I have never heard that it's a secret, and every one I know is told get them in DEERS right away so you can get them into Tricare.

We got her into deers right away, it was deciding her prime or standard plan that I wasnt sure if it was 60 or 90. Luckily the civilian pedi shes seeing decided to charge us only $30 of the $75 tricare said they could charge us,so maybe theyre not charging us the copay or something? Beats me!
  • Options
    I called two weeks ago to check. It is the first 60 days but with Tricare...I wouldn't wait around. I am being induced next Thursday and we will be heading to the Tricare/Deers office the first week of March to enroll in Prime.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"