Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Oh, now I'm a parent.

I was home yesterday with my sick DD and I think she is finally going through the 4 month wakeful. This morning my coworker asked how DD was and mentioned I looked tired (aka like sh!t) and when I told her I needed a nap she laughs and says, "now you are really getting to see what parenting is like." Eyeroll.

Re: Oh, now I'm a parent.

• Options
    In case you weren't already sure, right? Ha. 
    Lucas Edward | Aiden Anthony
                07.30.10          08.17.12           
  • Options
    Oh gag me! People think they are so clever, dont they?

A + Life

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Me:24 DH:27
    TTC #2 since August 2011

DX: Low AMH 1.79 Mildly elevated FSH 9.9

1 month of Letrozole, 3 IUI's with Letrozole, All BFN. 1 canceled IVF cycle, BFN.

May 2013 IVF w/ICSI #1.5: Start BCP 5/8 2 pills a day. Suppression Ultrasound 5/29. Begin Dexamethasone & Lupron Microdose 5/31. Started Gonal F and Menopur 6/2.

ER 6/12 13R,9M,8F.

5DT CANCELLED due to moderate OHSS

5DT UNcancelled due to embryos not being capable of cryopreservation

Transfered 2 "poor quality" embryo's on 6/17

No frozen embryos.

Beta #1 6/25 6. Chemical Pregnancy confirmed. Beta #2 6/28 -1
    Done trying

• Loading the player...
  • Options

So I guess you were just faking it for the last few months.

People say the dumbest things!

imageimage
  • Options

I HATE those kind of comments.  I get them all the time from coworkers who have children.  I say I'm tired and they make a comment like, "Oh, you'll be tired for the next 18 years".  My SIL says those to me too.  She says, "Welcome to motherhood" every time I vent about something.  I'm going to stop venting to her.

I got those comments too when I was pregnant.  Like, "You better get some sleep now before the baby comes because you wont' then".  How bout you just shut the eff up!  LOL.

• Options
    imagekellelle01:

I HATE those kind of comments.  I get them all the time from coworkers who have children.  I say I'm tired and they make a comment like, "Oh, you'll be tired for the next 18 years".  My SIL says those to me too.  She says, "Welcome to motherhood" every time I vent about something.  I'm going to stop venting to her.

I got those comments too when I was pregnant.  Like, "You better get some sleep now before the baby comes because you wont' then".  How bout you just shut the eff up!  LOL.

This

DS has acid relux and milk protein allergy, and had torticollis, used to EP, now we FF . April siggy 3-6 month
    We're Finally Three imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Born 7lb, 15oz, 21-1/4, 2 mo - 12lbs, 14oz. 25", 3mo - 14lb, 4oz 26in , 4 mo - 16lb, 1oz, 26 3/4 in, 5 mo 18 lb, 4oz 27-3/4 in, 6 mo 28 3/4 in 19lb, 14oz
  • Options
    Comments like that really irritate me. MIL says dumb shiz like that all the time. Maybe thats why I hate her....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagekellelle01:

Don't get me wrong, I am always open to hearing advice from other mother's who have done it/still doing it, but be original FFS.  I am pretty sure that when they were pregnant and new mothers they didn't appreciate these kinds of comments either...

I actually did tell her to shut the eff up, we are pretty friendly to one another so she knows my sense of humor. But this time it wasn't just a joke. Devil

• Options
    OMG I thought this post said "Oh, now I'm pregnant."
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageSDarling324:
    imagekellelle01:

Don't get me wrong, I am always open to hearing advice from other mother's who have done it/still doing it, but be original FFS.  I am pretty sure that when they were pregnant and new mothers they didn't appreciate these kinds of comments either...

I actually did tell her to shut the eff up, we are pretty friendly to one another so she knows my sense of humor. But this time it wasn't just a joke. Devil

These comments equate to: "Oh, now the honeymoon period is over and you can see how miserable parenting is."

People need to listen to themselves, for real.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagekathiegarrett:
    OMG I thought this post said "Oh, now I'm pregnant."

::DIES:: I want them close in age, but not this close! LOL

• Options
    imagekellelle01:

I feel this way, EXACTLY!!  I want to be like....Really?  You think because you've already become a mom and gone through this stuff it makes it ok for you to make a comment like that?!  Gimme a break!   Like they never b!tched about being tired before... Stick out tongue

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"