Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Baby Merlin Magic Sleepsuit

Thinking about getting one of these for DS2 who is 4 months.  He sleeps well in his cribs for nap (and will go down drowsy), but at nighttime he pretty much refuses to sleep in his crib at all (whether drowsy or fast asleep).  He seems to have so much trouble falling into a deep sleep...actually, it's the same way in our bed...he just fidgets and wakes himself up a lot...and me too!  I need a solution!

So, my questions are:

1) For those who have use the BMMS, do you think it would help a fidgety baby to fall into a deeper sleep? We never swaddled him because he hated it, but he does like the weight of a hand on his chest or arms.

2) Do you worry about your child overheating.  It seems like there are so many warnings on the site about using the product safely, I can't tell if they are just covering themselves, or if it really is risky.

THANKS!

Re: Baby Merlin Magic Sleepsuit

• Options
    I'm not sure about the first question as my son was fidgety but loved the swaddle. But I will say for the 2nd that Charlie always runs pretty hot. I just put him in a onesie underneath and socks (since his feet are out of the suit) and he always seemed to stay a good temperature.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We used it successfully. I bought it when A started breaking out of the swaddle and sleeping restlessly.  It worked like a charm.  Unfortunately, she was unable to self soothe in it because they really can't move.  She is now sleeping on her tummy in a regular sleep sack.  As for the temp, she was always fine.  I put her in a long sleeve onesie, babylegs, and socks.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagebeccs98:
    I'm not sure about the first question as my son was fidgety but loved the swaddle. But I will say for the 2nd that Charlie always runs pretty hot. I just put him in a onesie underneath and socks (since his feet are out of the suit) and he always seemed to stay a good temperature.

The fidgety-ness is pretty recent.  He actually used to sleep pretty well, and it was never a problem that he hated the swaddle...he was calmer without it.  Now, though, that's totally not the case.  Not sure if it has to do with the 4 month wakeful period or not, but I just want this babe to fall into a deep sleep so we can all get some sleep.

Thanks for the info about the temp.

• Options
    I never thought about the not being able to move inhibiting their ability to self soothe...haha, wasn't even thinking about that because it doesn't seem like DS2 knows how to self soothe anyway!  Hoping the suit helps with that!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"