December 2010 Moms
Options

Sidecarring a crib + low, platform bed = WTF.

Ok, so we want to sidecar L's crib because after discussion, H and I are ok with him not sleeping in his own room for the night in the forseeable future. Problem : Our bed is really low and I have no clue how to get the crib mattress that low without something crazy like cutting the legs and we don't want to do that if we can avoid it. Anyone have any ideas? I asked on AP but didn't get any suggestions. We don't want to just put the mattresses on the floor. We have a Graco Lauren crib (non drop side) if that helps.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Sidecarring a crib + low, platform bed = WTF.

• Options

They make little leg things to set your bed's frame in that might be higher (just raise your bed.)  I'd check with your local furniture store. 

Or cut a few two by fours and stick them under your frame's legs.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageKRiffe:

They make little leg things to set your bed's frame in that might be higher (just raise your bed.)  I'd check with your local furniture store. 

Or cut a few two by fours and stick them under your frame's legs.

Our bed doesn't have 'legs' though... It's one big, long board across the whole top and one across the bottom. The headboard and footboard actually sit on the floor and our mattress is held up about 3&1/2' off the floor. There's a 6 inch difference between our mattress and the lowest setting on his :-/ But that's a really good idea :-) Our bed seems to be the PITA thing in this equation.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hmmm... I think our bed frame when we purchased a new bed was about $30.  You could just get a less unusual one to use for a little while. Smile
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageKRiffe:
    Hmmm... I think our bed frame when we purchased a new bed was about $30.  You could just get a less unusual one to use for a little while. Smile
    If it wasn't huge and a huge pita I would... But I think it would be easier to just buy a cheap crib we could cut the legs on. It's good that you're suggesting it though because it's making me realize it really is best to just buy another crib.
  • Options
    imagembenit4:
    Is it a must that you are even? Right on side of bed isn't enough?
    Unfortunately they do have to be flush. You take the front panel piece off, so if he's higher he could roll off or if our mattress is high he could roll into it and suffocate or restrict air flow and cause carbon dioxide poisoning. We tried to just put the pnp beside the bed but that's not enough, he has to be close enough to feel me there. He's a goofy baby.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"