Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

HELP!!! with my 4 month old

Hi everyone!

I NEED ADVICE!!! My child is such a happy and fun loving baby but all of the sudden its totally changed! She just turned 4 months old and boy has her whole personality changed...NO MORE NAPS...CRYING MORE...SCREAMING MORE...never wanting to be put down...i have to hold her and walk her around...i put her in her moby wrap and walk around and she does fine! She still eats the same, and sleeps through the night just like shes always done so that is not a problem...but during the day is a nightmare! ive read different stuff about why she does this and i heard it was a phase babies go through from 3.5 months to 5 months...please tell me this is a phase!!! and when did this phase start and stop for your child?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: HELP!!! with my 4 month old

• Options
    mine is going through the same thing....
  • Options

This is a phase.  Your baby is going through a major mental leap and the whole world seems different to her right now, so she needs extra comfort from Mommy.  The leap at 4 months usually starts around week 15 and goes through about week 20.  If your baby was early or late, adjust by how much.  Check out the book The Wonder Weeks.  It goes into detail about what is happening and why, and it gives a few suggestions to help baby through it. She'll go through 3 phases: Clinginess, the need to play with Mommy's help, and Independence.

Also - it's survival mode time.  Hang in there and get sleep/rest when you can.  Do only the chores you absolutely need to and rely on others.  I don't think I mopped my floors or dusted at all during the 4 month leap!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    This just started last week for me, and I go back to work on Wednesday.  This month is going to be painful. :(
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    thank you so much! i think she started it when she was about 3.5 months...but i'm just now starting to realize what shes doing and i've been researching different things...but I think shes almost about done with this phase...i noticed a change in her tonight...back to the old happy baby! haha thank you so much! ill def. check out that book as well!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"