2nd Trimester
Options

I don't like headbands for baby girls...

...am I the only one?

My Niece-in-law actually makes these: flower headbands where the flower is bigger than the baby's head...bottle-cap headbands...etc.  I just don't like them, anyone else?

A fear of mine is that if we have a girl, everyone, especially my NIL will give them to us.  I don't want to be ungrateful, but I don't think my child will ever wear it.

Thankfully, my husband does not like them either

Re: I don't like headbands for baby girls...

• Options
    Your not the only one, if we have a girl she will not be wearing any.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I've seen a few that I've liked, mostly for photo shoots, but I don't typically like them.  Especially the ones with the flower that's bigger than the baby's head.  

Headbands give me headaches when I wear them.  I understand that baby headbands are made differently (with elastic), but if I can't stand to wear them, why would I make LO? 

Married to my best friend 6/5/10
    BFP #1 9/7/10, EDD 5/14/11, Violet born 5/27/11.
    BFP #2 4/9/12, EDD 12/16/12, M/C Rory 4/24/12.
    BFP #3 10/6/12, EDD 6/16/12., Matilda born 6/17/13.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't mind headbands but I am not fond of the ones with the HUGE flower.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    DD has the little clip bows that are SMALL- but has never worn a headband.  I seriously doubt she ever will.
    image Momma to Ms. C age 16 months and Mr. C age 3 months!
  • Options
    Meh, to each his (or her!) own. I'm not a fan of them, but they are quite popular.
  • Options

imageheylee:
    I don't mind headbands but I am not fond of the ones with the HUGE flower.

This exactly.  

• Options
    I can appreciate that others like them but I never did. DD has never owned or wore one.
    Addison Elizabeth
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Carter James
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    They remind me of bandages.
    Married 7/19/09
    MC 9/8/10
    Baby Boy Born 7/31/11
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I think they are cute! :) I have 3 nephews, no nieces. I'm ready to have accessories & girly stuff! LOL
  • Options
    HATED them when I was PG with LO.  However, within a month, I couldn't stand the fact that she looked like a boy (to me) and began putting them on her.  Instantly, I fell in love with them.
  • Options
    I didn't like them and made sure immediate family knew it (so they wouldn't buy them since they wouldn't ever be worn.)  BUT, my niece wears them and they look adorable on her.  I think it depends on the baby and her face shape.  I did put bows in DD's hair until she figured out how to take them out.
  • Options
    I don't like them either and if I have a daughter she will not wear one.  I don't like any of the headband/huge flower type things.  I have coworkers that make huge things for their baby's heads and they will probably make some for me if we have a girl.  I work with babies and one shift the parents had put a headband on their daughter.  When they left for the night I took it off of her.  It was so tight that it had left a deep ridge in her head.  That can not be comfortable at all. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I think they look like garters, personally. I always said if we had a girl and someone gave us one, she'd wear it for the photo to send the giver, but that's it. We're having boys, so it's a moot point for now.
  • Options

I think they are adorable. 

I live in the south and it seems like a crime for anyones daughter not to be in a monogramed outfit with a big bow to match...

It's all a matter of taste and personal preference.

• Options

I don't like the ones that match my wedding day garter, but the big stretchy crocheted ones with a small embellishment are not off the table yet.  One, I know a bunch of moms of girls who get really sick of explaining that their baby (dressed in pink ruffled dress) is, in fact, a girl.  Two, barettes aren't really an option until they grow some hair.  Three, if my girl has hair like her cousins, I'm going to want something to keep it off her face.

• Options
    I hate the garter looking ones too.  And loathe the ones with flowers the size of the baby's head!   But I have seen ones on etsy with a single tiny flower on a very thin elastic that are cute, especially for a photo shoot.   
  • Options

imagejhenry1204:
    couldn't stand the fact that she looked like a boy (to me)

This!  I don't want her mistaken for a boy, plus I think the bows are cute, though maybe not the huge ones, but I am finding it more difficult to find the small ones.  I don't want it to be a nuisance either.

• Options
    I love them, but not the super huge ones.  She doesn't really have hair or I would just clip a bow in it.  DD however does not love them and as soon as she could, she would take them off.  I love girly girly things though.  DH makes up for it by dressing her in carhart coveralls and camo boots. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    small clips to hold hair back are fine. A big headband on a bald head just looks trashy to me.  Same with tutus   (other than a birthday). 
  • Options
    This! Plus it hurts my head when i wear a headband, imagine a babys soft head and how that feels?? My sister in law would always make my niece wear one and it made an indentation on her head, OUCH! Everytime my sister in law would walk out of the room i would take it off my nieces  head and rub it for her. I think they are just cruel, kind of like piercing a babys ears, NOT NECESSARY BUT TRASHY!
  • Options
    I HATE these headbands on baby girls.  If we get one, I plan on being gracious about accepting the gift, but not using it - even for a photo. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageHHR28:
    Your not the only one, if we have a girl she will not be wearing any.

Our two girls will definitely not be wearing them either! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

DH and I hate them as well and dont plan on putting them on my daughter. We have also told a few people that we dont like them, so hopefully the word will spread and no one gets us any for our shower. OR I will just have to return them.

• Options
    I hate them and DD has never worn any.
    2 girls and a dog
  • Options
    Absolutely cannot stand them either! We are having a baby girl and I think I will probably get her ears pierced.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"