Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

FFFC- evening edition

2»

Re: FFFC- evening edition

• Options

LJ goes to bed between 9:30 and 10pm every night. She then sleeps until 8:30-9 in the morning. We have tried to put her to bed earlier, but she doesn't do anything but cries..and I'm not really a fan of CIO, at least not yet. I still have time to spend with DH, because we don't go to bed until midnight.

It totally annoys me when parents put their infants in the front seat of the car. I saw some lady at Wal-Mart today with a Tahoe who did this. Why couldn't you just put your baby in the backseat where he/she is safer? I would rather have LJ cry in the car, then us be in an accident and she dies/gets seriously injured.

I am craving Arby's again. The mozzerella sticks are so yummy!! I'm going to text DH to bring me home some. This is the 3rd night in the row I have had them, and I could care less.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
    Pinterest:misskristina22
    Instagram:misskristina26
  • Options

imagecherie82:
    I'm supposed to be losing all this baby weight right?  Well, I made oreo balls 2 days ago.  I stuck them in the freezer and told DH that when he got home from being offshore he could have some.  There are only two left.....Embarrassed

Elaborate, please.  I need to know what these are.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagecassie.dall:

I didn't feel like having a big ol' quote tree, but in response to wife/niki/snoopy:

I was just thinking about it, and I think part of the reason LO doesn't go to bed until late is because of my F's work schedule. His schedule has him home at 530 some days, and not until 1230 other nights (like tonight). I don't end up putting LO to bed at the same time every night, we just do to the same routine for getting ready for bed, then cuddle on the couch until F gets home. Am I even doing any good at all by having the routine without it consistently ending in bedtime? I feel like a moron for not thinking of this before now Embarrassed

Edited for spelling!

I really don't mean this to sound snippy but you cannot let your SO's schedule dictate LO's bedtime. In order to be a healthy,happy baby they need some kind of consistency. LO sometimes goes to bed at 7, sometimes 10 but those are once a week occurances and I make sure she is in her sleeper by 8.

Look, I didn't know to do a routine and that babies actually need to be "put to bed" until a few weeks ago. It only took a few days and she fell right into this routine. We don't schedule anything else during the day but Josie must be in bed between 7:30-9. I felt so stupid that I didn't realize we needed to put her down and she wasn't going to sleep until 1-2 AM.

I'm sure that he picks up on the cues of your bedtime routine if it's kept the same but I bet you're not getting the full benefit by having it vary 7 hours! I understand wanting him to see your FI when he comes home but in reality, it's not good for them. Especially if he's waking up at around the same time every day, they need at least 12 hours or so of sleep a night.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • Options

We eat dinner late nearly every night. My husband does not get home 'til late most days anymore, so bc of this, we hit the hay kind of late, too.

Violet takes a long nap (like now...usually it's around 8:30 that we will start her routine) and will get up again around 12:30 for an hour or so these days, then she will go back to sleep until 7am or sometimes later. I don't know if it is normal, but it has been working for us so far!

I watch crappy TV anymore. It started when I was pregnant bc I stopped working. I went from being so busy I could barely fit anything into my schedule, to being home all.the.time. So now I DVR the crappy shows bc I am sucked in. (Think Gossip Girl, the new 90210, Pretty Little Liars.) Anyone who knows me well, knows that I am not into that kind of crap usually. Even if they are teen dramas, at least I have some entertainment! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I like to try to work it in that I was 20 lbs lighter at my 6 wk PP appointment then at my first 8 wk ultrasound appt. When all that happened is I puked for my entire pregnancy and didn't get any sort of real appetite back until LO was 2 wks old. Hyperemesis gravidarum is a b*tch, I would have prefered to just eat and gain weight.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagenikipau144:

HisSunshine1220:

We started off putting her down drowsy or asleep. Eventually it would be only drowsy, and then we just started putting her in awake once she was more familiar with the surroundings and routine.

She used to fuss for quite a bit, but we would just go soothe her and keep putting her paci back in. Eventually she got to the point where she would just sort of kick around for a bit, find her comfy spot, and doze off. 

Thanks for the advice. Maybe I will start putting him down drowsy...

• Options
    imagescoutkate:

imagecherie82:
    I'm supposed to be losing all this baby weight right?  Well, I made oreo balls 2 days ago.  I stuck them in the freezer and told DH that when he got home from being offshore he could have some.  There are only two left.....Embarrassed

Elaborate, please.  I need to know what these are.

This is the recipe I used to make these...

https://www.food.com/recipe/oreo-balls-52035

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageegad76:

I like to try to work it in that I was 20 lbs lighter at my 6 wk PP appointment then at my first 8 wk ultrasound appt. When all that happened is I puked for my entire pregnancy and didn't get any sort of real appetite back until LO was 2 wks old. Hyperemesis gravidarum is a b*tch, I would have prefered to just eat and gain weight.

I forgot to add that I like to do this in front of my pregnant friend that gave me advice through my WHOLE pregnancy. She's gained about 40lbs and she has 5 weeks to go.
  • Options

I just want to clarify, I don't keep LO awake until FI gets home! Haha, I reread what I wrote and saw that it sounded that way. I just will usually hang out in the living room, and LO will end up falling asleep on me, or in his bounce seat. And most nights when FI works really late, I'll take Ezra into the room with me and lay down. He usually sleeps about 8 hours once he's in his crib. I have a question about naps...do you have a routine for naps during the day? Usually I wait for sleepy cues, but do any of you schedule naps?

ETA: the bedtime routine starting around 830 doesn't vary depending on FI's schedule either. Just the time that he goes into his crib for the night.

A woman's life is nine parts mess to one part magic, you'll learn that soon enough...and the parts that look like magic turn out to be the messiest of all.
  • Options
    I called in sick and even told DH I didn't feel good. so I could send DD to daycare and nap all day. So bad.
  • Options
    imagecassie.dall:

I just want to clarify, I don't keep LO awake until FI gets home! Haha, I reread what I wrote and saw that it sounded that way. I just will usually hang out in the living room, and LO will end up falling asleep on me, or in his bounce seat. And most nights when FI works really late, I'll take Ezra into the room with me and lay down. He usually sleeps about 8 hours once he's in his crib. I have a question about naps...do you have a routine for naps during the day? Usually I wait for sleepy cues, but do any of you schedule naps?

ETA: the bedtime routine starting around 830 doesn't vary depending on FI's schedule either. Just the time that he goes into his crib for the night.

I don't time naps, but I do go by the sleep no longer than 2 hours rule.  She takes 2 shorter morning naps, then a longer nap in the afternoon.  She wakes around 5:00 and we start bedtime at 6:30 with bath. 

• Options
    imagewife1014:
    imagecassie.dall:

I don't time naps, but I do go by the sleep no longer than 2 hours rule.  She takes 2 shorter morning naps, then a longer nap in the afternoon.  She wakes around 5:00 and we start bedtime at 6:30 with bath. 

oops, that is awake NOT sleep

• Options
    I love strawberry shortcakes. My Dh brought home one for us to share, he went to the bathroom and I ate his half and blamed it on the dog.
  • Options

imagemamaregan:
    I love strawberry shortcakes. My Dh brought home one for us to share, he went to the bathroom and I ate his half and blamed it on the dog.

LOL! Did he buy it?

• Options
    imagewife1014:
    imagewife1014:
    imagecassie.dall:

oops, that is awake NOT sleep

THis is also pretty much what we do but because she goes to bed around the same time every night we are out of the bed by 9. She's usually taking a cat nap before noon. She always takes a 2+ hr afternoon nap, but it can very from 1-3 PM when it stats. I let her sleep as long as she wants, yesterday she took a 3 hour nap. Some days she won't take a morning nap longer than 20 min so I just try to get her to take at least 2-3 of those cat naps and go to bed with her if she's fighting her afternoon nap. It's all a crapshoot sometimes!

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • Options

imagemamaregan:

HAHA my DH would never buy that but that is sooo something I would do. 

Sometimes it's okay to follow. (Picture is a clicky)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imagenadinethequeen01:
    imagewife1014:
    imagenadinethequeen01:
    imagewife1014:
    imagenadinethequeen01:

imagewife1014:
    I side-eye super late baby bedtimes

In my house, it's up to her honestly. I try to get her to sleep by 8 or 9 but sometimes she doesn't go to sleep until about 11. 

What time is her last nap?

She isn't on a schedule but usually her last nap is between 6-7.. but sometimes later. 

So, why don't you just do bedtime routine and put her to bed then?

Because to be honest, I don't even know how Embarrassed Never looked into it. 

I'm starting to understand this now. It's flame-free, but not judgment free :)

I'm with you nadinethequeen01. I'm trying to get him to bed earlier, but like to go with the flow for now.

• Options

My confession:  Until a few weeks ago, I was a super late bedtime person.  I would put my daughter down around 9 or 10.  I did this because my husband works crazy hours and normally doesn't get home until 8.  So, I thought this was for the best for my family.

Then, I read Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child.  It revolutionized my life.  Now, she goes to sleep around 7:30.  Everyone in my family is happier and sleeping better.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageLizzie65:

My confession:  Until a few weeks ago, I was a super late bedtime person.  I would put my daughter down around 9 or 10.  I did this because my husband works crazy hours and normally doesn't get home until 8.  So, I thought this was for the best for my family.

Then, I read Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child.  It revolutionized my life.  Now, she goes to sleep around 7:30.  Everyone in my family is happier and sleeping better.

I have this book, I just haven't read it yet.  Maybe I need to look into it...

• Options
    imageJKat876:
    imageLizzie65:

I have this book, I just haven't read it yet.  Maybe I need to look into it...

It is awesome!  I learned so much about how babies sleep.  It really explains the whole "sleep begets sleep" theory.

A girl in my playgroup loaned it to me.  I have to return it to her, but I am going to buy my own copy. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageouraddress7:
    imageMommaEm:
    imagemonimonimoni:
    My confession, I love all animals, really, but I do not find monkeys cute AT ALL. They look like they smell bad and they kind-of give me the creeps.

I hate monkeys!!

I had 2 peices of cheese cake and 2 cookies for lunch. I had a bad day, all I wanted to do was eat.

Aww, I love monkeys! I have three little funny monkeys living in my house :)

YOUR monkeys are cute! And they don't look at all smelly haha.

In regards to bedtime, we're strict with keeping LO's evening routine. Around 6-7pm (earlier if super fussy) we give her a bath, massage, jammies, feed then a cuddle before putting her in the crib. All to the musical stylings of My Pal Violet.

• Options

I hope that DS grows to like my mom more than MIL, mostly because I would be annoyed at MIL reminding me that DS loves her so much and she is so awesome.

Plus maybe it would keep her in check from pushing her opinions on how to raise him on us. She already says how if we have a girl it will be a mini her (Oh please God no). 

imageimage

imageimage

image  image

• Options
    imagenikipau144:

HisSunshine1220:

We started off putting her down drowsy or asleep. Eventually it would be only drowsy, and then we just started putting her in awake once she was more familiar with the surroundings and routine.

She used to fuss for quite a bit, but we would just go soothe her and keep putting her paci back in. Eventually she got to the point where she would just sort of kick around for a bit, find her comfy spot, and doze off. 

Wow! I'm totally going to start trying this. I love rocking him to sleep, it would be nice if he would put himself to sleep though. I'm sure it's better in the lomg run for him. TIA!!

• Options
    imageegad76:

imagemamaregan:

LOL! Did he buy it?

Yes indeed he did!

• Options

The sleep talk is so intriguing to me!!! I have an LO that doesn't sleep for the night until 1am. We've tried putting him to bed earlier drowsy but awake *and* fully asleep and it never ends in anything but screaming hysterics. We soothe him and put him back down and bam, screaming hysterics. Every time we've tried to put him to bed earlier we've ended up actually getting to sleep *later*, like 2am - 4am. It's brutal. DH is exhausted because he has to get up for work at 6. LO sleeps until 11am (waking once, usually around 6, for a feeding) so he's getting enough sleep, just not within the timeframe we would like.

He takes his last nap around 8, and we've tried doing the bedtime routine for that time too, several times, and he just treats it like a nap and is awake within 30 minutes. I'll nurse him, but he'll be all bright eyed and bushy tailed and playful and refuse to go to sleep... until 1am. 

Anyway, my FFFC is that I side-eye people who don't like fruit pies. Or who prefer chocolate or cream-based pies to fruit pies. Blech.

Lookin' Down
  • Options

imagereddreads9:
    I called in sick and even told DH I didn't feel good. so I could send DD to daycare and nap all day. So bad.

I've been thinking about doing this!  Poor Olivia had been sick the last week and a half (she's better now, thank God), and has, until the last couple of nights, been up every 2 hours throughout the night like a newborn, and it took me a while to get her back down each time, so I'm desperate to catch up on my sleep :oP

• Options
    Ummm no confession, but I just downloaded Healthy sleep... I hope it helps us out! G'night ladies!
  • Options
    My pedi sent home a flier saying that my baby is at the age that he should not be waking for night feedings, I started sobbing (AF this week) and decided I wasn't ready to for us to be at that point yet, apparently I am enjoying not sleeping. Ever. So I will not be trying not to feed him when he wakes up at night, besides the fact he is gulping quickly when he eats
  • Options
    imageJBrianne:

The sleep talk is so intriguing to me!!! I have an LO that doesn't sleep for the night until 1am. We've tried putting him to bed earlier drowsy but awake *and* fully asleep and it never ends in anything but screaming hysterics. We soothe him and put him back down and bam, screaming hysterics. Every time we've tried to put him to bed earlier we've ended up actually getting to sleep *later*, like 2am - 4am. It's brutal. DH is exhausted because he has to get up for work at 6. LO sleeps until 11am (waking once, usually around 6, for a feeding) so he's getting enough sleep, just not within the timeframe we would like.

He takes his last nap around 8, and we've tried doing the bedtime routine for that time too, several times, and he just treats it like a nap and is awake within 30 minutes. I'll nurse him, but he'll be all bright eyed and bushy tailed and playful and refuse to go to sleep... until 1am. 

Anyway, my FFFC is that I side-eye people who don't like fruit pies. Or who prefer chocolate or cream-based pies to fruit pies. Blech.

Does Key Lime pie count as fruit? Or is it fruity cream? Not a big pie person, but I do love some Key Lime.

Have you tried waking DS up earlier in the morning?  I know it will be hard since you didn't get to bed until late yourself.  It sounds like he can go the distance sleep wise, he just has his clock shifted.   I would start getting him up earlier (like 9-10) each day in hopes that he would be tired earlier.  Maybe try and get him some sunshine in the morning (a walk, a sunny window) to help his circadian rhythms and keep his room bright during the day and dark at night.  Our DS goes to bed around 7:30 and sleeps until 5:30-7 because DH and I both work so he goes to daycare.  If you SAH then you might not need LO up quite as early.

I don't know how old your son is, but bedtime routines can take a while to work.  We started at 6-7 weeks and it probably wasn't until closer to 3 months that DS really seemed to depend on it.  Just be consistent and LO will catch on. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"