Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

FFFC- evening edition

OK so we've had like a foot of snow on the ground for a while and Tuesday and Wednesday it sleated like crazy and turned our back yard into a skating rink... so the last two days I've been laughing hysterically every time I let my dog out and she tries to find a place to relieve herself because she slips and slides around like crazy and I find it really funny, the poor thing :P. Also I always find miscommunication REALLY funny.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: FFFC- evening edition

• Options
    Mine: My friend's baby is nowhere near as cute as Ezra, and I'm not just saying that because I'm biased. He's just not very cute. He's a sweet baby, just not as nom-nom-able as Ez.
    A woman's life is nine parts mess to one part magic, you'll learn that soon enough...and the parts that look like magic turn out to be the messiest of all.
  • Options
    I purposely tell my MIL things that Evie does that my SIL's son doesnt because she has ALWAYS shoved that he was a boy in my face... it makes me feel better
    photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Lol, your dog is too cute. Put some skates and a snazzy bedazzled one piece on her!

My confession, I love all animals, really, but I do not find monkeys cute AT ALL. They look like they smell bad and they kind-of give me the creeps.

I'm also severely lacking in mummy friends and my regular friends (none of them have children) always expect me to come and visit them, I feel like I'm the one doing all the work. It's starting to piss me off.

I also go walking in the park a lot, just me and DD, and sometimes I feel lonely when I see all the other mums out with their friends. Their LO's look so happy to have other baby company. I'm going to join a few groups next week, hopefully I will meet some new people there. I feel bad that DD isn't having enough social interaction with other babies Sad

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    imagemonimonimoni:
    My confession, I love all animals, really, but I do not find monkeys cute AT ALL. They look like they smell bad and they kind-of give me the creeps.

I hate monkeys!!

I had 2 peices of cheese cake and 2 cookies for lunch. I had a bad day, all I wanted to do was eat.

• Options
    It is 8:30 on a Friday night and I am in bed. H is at the airport picking upmarket friend who is staying w us for the weekend. I'm not planning to get out of bed when they get here.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options

I just picked sweet DD up out of her Boppy to nurse her to sleep. As we were talking and smiling she unleashed a torrent of vomit from my neck, down my clean shirt and between my boobs to pool in my most comfy nursing bra. It was her second big wharf in 45 minutes. The FFFC is that I unloaded a string of very bad words while holding her right in front of my dirty mouth.

I'm quite tired of wearing the smell of baby puke. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagecassie.dall:
    Mine: My friend's baby is nowhere near as cute as Ezra, and I'm not just saying that because I'm biased. He's just not very cute. He's a sweet baby, just not as nom-nom-able as Ez.

That's okay. I think my friends baby (not on TB) isn't cute at all. She looks like her dad and he is gross. 

Sometimes it's okay to follow. (Picture is a clicky)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I side-eye super late baby bedtimes
  • Options
    imageMommaEm:
    imagemonimonimoni:

I hate monkeys!!

I had 2 peices of cheese cake and 2 cookies for lunch. I had a bad day, all I wanted to do was eat.

Aww, I love monkeys! I have three little funny monkeys living in my house :)
  • Options
    I'm so tired of doing this but...what is FFFC??
  • Options

Every time I talk to my mom I feel like punching her. She asks me questions about DD so I tell her but then she acts surprised when I tell her, as if she is critisizing me or something. I normally talk to her daily but for the past week I have been avoiding her like the plague.

It also bothers me when I upload pictures and then people "like" every single one of them followed by a comment. 

I'm getting a part time job not only to help with money but I also just want to get out of the house. I love DD but being a full time SAHM just isn't for me. I think mostly because it scares me sh!tless to be fully dependent on someone else. 

• Options
    imagenadinethequeen01:

imagecassie.dall:

That's okay. I think my friends baby (not on TB) isn't cute at all. She looks like her dad and he is gross. 

Haha oh no! At least this baby is a boy that looks like his dad. Poor baby girl.

Oh and I have another FFFC related to one in the earlier thread: I HATE canned whipped cream. It is so gross. I worked at Starbucks for like 4 years, where they make their own whipped cream throughout the day, and was totally spoiled by it. I only eat homemade whipped cream. Cool whip is also pretty good.

A woman's life is nine parts mess to one part magic, you'll learn that soon enough...and the parts that look like magic turn out to be the messiest of all.
  • Options
    imageouraddress7:
    imageMommaEm:
    imagemonimonimoni:

I hate monkeys!!

Aww, I love monkeys! I have three little funny monkeys living in my house :)

your monkeys are the cutest monkeys I've ever seen!

• Options

imagewife1014:

In my house, it's up to her honestly. I try to get her to sleep by 8 or 9 but sometimes she doesn't go to sleep until about 11. 

• Options

imagewife1014:

My baby may or may not go to bed between 10-12pm... I'm just sayin'. Indifferent

• Options
    imagerochella:

haha, I think all babies are cute now that I'm a mom.

I accidentally turned off my baby monitor a few weeks ago between his 3AM feeding and 5AM when I woke up sporadically. :(  I cried when I woke up and realized what I'd done.  Apparently DS survived at least... 

That's why I feel like an a$$hole for saying that. It might actually be the pictures her mom uploads of her on FB. I honestly think she just takes random pictures and uploads them no matter how bad they are.

• Options
    imagekathiegarrett:

imagewife1014:

My baby may or may not go to bed between 10-12pm... I'm just sayin'. Indifferent

Yeah, this...I don't see the point in putting him in his crib before I go to bed (his crib is in my room) when I'm just going to be checking on him constantly anyway. But this isn't to say that we don't start our bedtime routine before then. (Usually at like 830)

• Options

imagekathiegarrett:

friday flame free confessions

but you're not guaranteed not to get flamed Wink

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
      Francesca Pearl is here!             Josephine Hope is almost 3!
  • Options
    imagekathiegarrett:
    No worries... it means flame free Friday confessional or flame-full Friday confessional ... you post something flameworthy and we are not "supposed to" flame you for it ::cough cough::
  • Options
    imagenadinethequeen01:

imagewife1014:

In my house, it's up to her honestly. I try to get her to sleep by 8 or 9 but sometimes she doesn't go to sleep until about 11. 

What time is her last nap?

• Options
    imagerochella:

imagewife1014:

My DS would sometimes not go to bed until midnight and it was driving me crazy. I started a bedtime routine and nursed him to drowsiness and laid him down earlier, and now he's asleep every night by 8PM.  His entire sleep schedule improved so much, and it's so much nicer to have quiet time with DH in the late evenings.

Exactly!  I also wonder what's going to happen with these babies when they're 8, 9, 10 months old and going to bed at midnight...just a bad habit.

• Options
    I often find myself wanting to be back at my early college super skinny weight. It wasn't healthy but I was thin and was definitely more confident than I am now. I was highly criticized for the weight loss, but alot of the times I just want to be back in that body than in this pudgy, roley-poley body.
  • Options
    imagewife1014:
    imagenadinethequeen01:

imagewife1014:

She isn't on a schedule but usually her last nap is between 6-7.. but sometimes later. 

• Options
    imagerochella:

imagewife1014:

My DS would sometimes not go to bed until midnight and it was driving me crazy. I started a bedtime routine and nursed him to drowsiness and laid him down earlier, and now he's asleep every night by 8PM.  His entire sleep schedule improved so much, and it's so much nicer to have quiet time with DH in the late evenings.

This is exactly what we did. we just had DH put her to bed with a swaddle and the seahorse by 9 PM and she's a totally different kid. Some nights I have to nurse her down and we just started a bedtime story but it's amazing what a routine can do. I have 4 full hours of couple time before I need to nurse again...it's wonderful!

• Options
    imagenadinethequeen01:
    imagewife1014:
    imagenadinethequeen01:

imagewife1014:

She isn't on a schedule but usually her last nap is between 6-7.. but sometimes later. 

So, why don't you just do bedtime routine and put her to bed then?

• Options
    imagecassie.dall:
    imagekathiegarrett:

imagewife1014:

Yeah, this...I don't see the point in putting him in his crib before I go to bed (his crib is in my room) when I'm just going to be checking on him constantly anyway. But this isn't to say that we don't start our bedtime routine before then. (Usually at like 830)

This is no excuse. LO sleeps next to our bed in the beginning of the night and we still put her to sleep before we do. We time it so when she wakes up to nurse, I am getting ready t go to bed. Get a monitor and get that baby to bed earlier!

• Options
    imagewife1014:
    imagenadinethequeen01:
    imagewife1014:
    imagenadinethequeen01:

imagewife1014:

Because to be honest, I don't even know how Embarrassed Never looked into it. 

• Options
    imageSnoopyLuv:
    imagecassie.dall:
    imagekathiegarrett:

imagewife1014:

?

We went from a bedtime of around 9-10pm to 7pm and C now sleeps awesome. She sleeps at least 9-10 hours a night. Before then, it was around 6-7 hours. From the first night we started an earlier bedtime, she has been STTN, with the occasional wake-up every now and then. Her bedtime was 8pm, but in the past few weeks, she has pushed it up to 7pm.?

This is no excuse. LO sleeps next to our bed in the beginning of the night and we still put her to sleep before we do. We time it so when she wakes up to nurse, I am getting ready t go to bed.?Get a monitor and get that baby to bed earlier!

• Options
    imagenadinethequeen01:

Every time I talk to my mom I feel like punching her. She asks me questions about DD so I tell her but then she acts surprised when I tell her, as if she is critisizing me or something. I normally talk to her daily but for the past week I have been avoiding her like the plague.

It also bothers me when I upload pictures and then people "like" every single one of them followed by a comment. 

I'm getting a part time job not only to help with money but I also just want to get out of the house. I love DD but being a full time SAHM just isn't for me. I think mostly because it scares me sh!tless to be fully dependent on someone else. 

I'm on a 1 year mat leave and I'm very grateful for that, but being a SAHM isn't for me either. I don't mind leaving my DS for 2 or 3 hours for some me time. I miss him that way! It's really hard being at home (for me anyway).
  • Options
    imagenadinethequeen01:
    imagewife1014:
    imagenadinethequeen01:
    imagewife1014:
    imagenadinethequeen01:

imagewife1014:

In my house, it's up to her honestly. I try to get her to sleep by 8 or 9 but sometimes she doesn't go to sleep until about 11.?

She isn't on a schedule but usually her last nap is between 6-7.. but sometimes later.?

Because to be honest, I don't even know how?Embarrassed Never looked into it.?

Consistency is key. We start C's routine at 6pm every night (earlier if she is fussy). We do bath, massage, pjs, bottle, cuddle time, and bed. She goes in her crib fully awake and we turn her mobile on and give her a paci. She is out within 10 minutes.

It's funny because after maybe 4-5 days of doing the routine, she expected everything. She knew that after her bath, no matter when she last ate, she was getting a bottle.?

• Options
    imagenadinethequeen01:
    imagewife1014:
    imagenadinethequeen01:
    imagewife1014:
    imagenadinethequeen01:

imagewife1014:

start a routine...bath, massage, pj's, feeding and then put her to bed.  It is so nice to have a routine and your nights to yourself.

• Options
    imagewife1014:
    imagenadinethequeen01:
    imagewife1014:
    imagenadinethequeen01:
    imagewife1014:
    imagenadinethequeen01:

imagewife1014:

start a routine...bath, massage, pj's, feeding and then put her to bed.  It is so nice to have a routine and your nights to yourself.

Yes I agree, it would be nice! I'm going to try it out tonight. Thanks! 

• Options
    I'm supposed to be losing all this baby weight right?  Well, I made oreo balls 2 days ago.  I stuck them in the freezer and told DH that when he got home from being offshore he could have some.  There are only two left.....Embarrassed
  • Options
    I'm going to POAS tonight. Yikes...
  • Options

imagenikipau144:
    I often find myself wanting to be back at my early college super skinny weight. It wasn't healthy but I was thin and was definitely more confident than I am now. I was highly criticized for the weight loss, but alot of the times I just want to be back in that body than in this pudgy, roley-poley body.

This all the way!  I used to be so small.  All of my friends said that I was too skinny, but I never felt sooo sexy in my whole life!

• Options

I didn't feel like having a big ol' quote tree, but in response to wife/niki/snoopy:

I was just thinking about it, and I think part of the reason LO doesn't go to bed until late is because of my F's work schedule. His schedule has him home at 530 some days, and not until 1230 other nights (like tonight). I don't end up putting LO to bed at the same time every night, we just do to the same routine for getting ready for bed, then cuddle on the couch until F gets home. Am I even doing any good at all by having the routine without it consistently ending in bedtime? I feel like a moron for not thinking of this before now Embarrassed

Edited for spelling!

• Options
    imagewife1014:
    imagerochella:

imagewife1014:

Exactly!  I also wonder what's going to happen with these babies when they're 8, 9, 10 months old and going to bed at midnight...just a bad habit.

Ha, where were you ladies earlier?   My FFFC was that I side-eye people who don't promote good sleep habits in their kids and then complain about their sleep issues.  I got told that "babies can't be scheduled, etc" 

• Options
    imagenikipau144:
    imagenadinethequeen01:
    imagewife1014:
    imagenadinethequeen01:
    imagewife1014:
    imagenadinethequeen01:

imagewife1014:

Consistency is key. We start C's routine at 6pm every night (earlier if she is fussy). We do bath, massage, pjs, bottle, cuddle time, and bed. She goes in her crib fully awake and we turn her mobile on and give her a paci. She is out within 10 minutes.

It's funny because after maybe 4-5 days of doing the routine, she expected everything. She knew that after her bath, no matter when she last ate, she was getting a bottle. 

We have been doing a routine for a few nights now, but I rock him till he falls asleep. I would love to get to the point where I can put him in bed fully awake! Did your LO cry when you first started this? What did you do then?

• Options

HisSunshine1220:

We started off putting her down drowsy or asleep. Eventually it would be only drowsy, and then we just started putting her in awake once she was more familiar with the surroundings and routine.

She used to fuss for quite a bit, but we would just go soothe her and keep putting her paci back in. Eventually she got to the point where she would just sort of kick around for a bit, find her comfy spot, and doze off.?

• Options
    imagecassie.dall:

I didn't feel like having a big ol' quote tree, but in response to wife/niki/snoopy:

I was just thinking about it, and I think part of the reason LO doesn't go to bed until late is because of my F's work schedule. His schedule has him home at 530 some days, and not until 1230 other nights (like tonight). I don't end up putting LO to bed at the same time every night, we just do to the same routine for getting ready for bed, then cuddle on the couch until F gets home. Am I even doing any good at all by having the routine without it consistently ending in bedtime? I feel like a moron for not thinking of this before now Embarrassed

Edited for spelling!

I think keeping him up until after midnight is crazy.  I would do the routine at the same time every night and put him to bed.  If DH has a late meeting/dinner, the girls still go to bed.  He'll see them the next day.  You are not a moron!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"