Parenting
Options

Poll: When did you get rid of the Highchair?

Did you then use a booster?

Re: Poll: When did you get rid of the Highchair?

• Options
    I just recently switced H to a booster. I could have done it a lot sooner but didn't want too. I finally did it and he is fine in it. It's just such a big mess and hassle that I almost wish I hadn't. MH hasn't put the highchair in the attic yet and I sometimes still sit him in it b/c it is convenient!
  • Options
    We still use it with N but only b/c we like keeping him confined.  We will start using the booster when G starts using the highchair.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    we moved DD to a booster about a month before DS was born, I wanted her used to the booster before DS arrived.  If I wasn't having a second baby I wouldn't have rushed her out of the high chair.
  • Options
    Not 'til after she was 2. . . we had a weird table in our kitchen that didn't accomodate a seat/booster.  She didn't mind the high chair so I just kept her in it 'til she was about 26 months and we had a new table.
    imageimage Ashley Sawtelle Photography
  • Options
    I think we moved DS into the booster seat before he was 15 months.  He liked sitting at the table with us and it helped him eat better.
    Debbie - Mommy to Clayton William 5-3-05, Laurian Lynn 3-6-08
  • Options
    DD really kind of moved her self. When she realized that she couldnt get up she would kick fight and scream until we got her out of there. She has been in a booster since about 14 months. I sometimes wish she was still in it though!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Around 18 months old, Nora decided that she would not sit in her highchair anymore.  She stands and/or sits on a chair without a booster to eat.
  • Options
    we moved DS to a booster when he was around 20 months.  he decided he wanted out of his highchair on his own.  He would refuse to eat unless he was at the table with us..
  • Options
    When I got sick of cleaning it after every meal-so about 20 mos and she was ready.  I feel like she makes a bigger mess now though with the booster.  A LOT ends up on the floor and my table is disgusting where she sits-not to mention all the scratches and dents from her banging on the table with her silverware...sigh..
    Child #1: 6 yo DD Child #2: 2yo DD
  • Options
    She is almost 2 & still in it.  Our table/chairs are the pub style so they are high & I think it is just easier to use the highchair for us.
  • Options

we just moved him to a booster last night. I'm just tired of having the highchair in the kitchen (and cleaning it too). He never had a problem with the highchair, so it's my own selfish reasons I guess. We have a pub style table as well, but he sits just fine at it. I have a towel under his booster seat and a placemat under his plate. He doesn't make that much of a mess (not anymore than he did with his highchair). Helps to have a dog eat the scraps that land on the floor though.

He turns two next Monday.

• Options
    We just got rid of ours when DD tunred 16 months old.  I was sick of fighting with her to eat at meal times.  Turns out, she loves to be with everyone else at the table.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"