Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Piercing Ears

What are your thoughts?  Anyone do it yet?  I am so on the fence!  She is my first girl after 2 boys!  I always said I would get them done if I had a girl, but I am chicken!

Re: Piercing Ears

• Options

I'm getting Lilith's done in a few weeks. Her pedi does them, so I think it's safe. It may be an UO on here, but it's my choice.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I have a boy so I haven't put a ton of thought into, but I don't think I would if I had a girl. I am not a huge fan of babies with piercings.
    imagePregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

It's pretty frowned upon around here, but I had DD's done when she was 2 months and I was very on the fence about it too but I went ahead with it and so far I am glad I did it.

• Options
    I could never do it, but to each their own.  I'd rather wait until they can decide and can take care of them on their own.  I also try to not cause my baby pain simply for for aesthetics.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    My mom was telling me about a newborn boy she saw with his ears pierced. If I had a girl I would do it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I wouldn't do it but it seems to be a cultural thing.

• Options
    I did it a few weeks ago and I was also on the fence but I am so glad I did! She looks adorable, her pedi did it, they are easy to clean, and everyone that has seen them loves them! Just go for it, you won't regret it!!
  • Options
    I'm waiting until E is older... thinking 8-10ish years. About the age I was when I got mine pierced. I think it will be a fun mommy/daughter experience. In my mind, I see a giddy little girl, super excited to go pick out earrings and get her ears pierced. Plus, she can learn to take care of them.
    Our sweet Ellie!!
    *blog*

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

We just got our DD's ears done.  She looks soooo cute! 

Daddy holds her for needles, Gramma for the ear piercing.  Mommy handles cuddles afterwards. =)

Honestly, she cried, but it was more the way that she needed to be held that she didn't like.  (just like immunization time)  After it was all done she didn't like the girl that did it but within less then 2 minutes she was back to her smiling self. ... only with really cute pink ice in her ears.  She lets me clean them no problem, sometimes even giggles a little b/c the solution is cold on her ears & hasn't grabbed at them at all.  I'm glad I did them now. She looks adorable. =)

• Options

I want to do it now, but DH is making me wait.  He doesn't think we should do anything like that to her body until she asks for it.  So as soon as she is able to understand, she has to ask to have them.  I tried explaining the benefits of doing it early - not messing with them, not remembering the pain, etc - but he's standing firm.  Gotta respect that, he pretty much lets me do whatever and make all the decisions when it comes to the kids, so when he has a request I respect it. 

Not saying I won't coach her when she's old enough Wink

• Options
    I wouldn't do it. I feel like its something she should be able to choose for herself, so if/when we have a little girl, we will be waiting till she is 10 or so.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My mom did it with me and my sisters when we turned 5 as a going to kindergarten present. It was a fun day and I still remember it.
  • Options
    Not a fan, I think it's tacky. I'd rather wait it out until DD (if I had one) told me she wanted me to do it than take it upon myself to make the decision for her.
  • Options
    I would never do that to a baby. How cruel. At least let her make the decision to put holes in her body. I admit that it's cute, but it's just wrong. It can't be comfortable for them. Just wait!
  • Options

imageAnanke:
    I could never do it, but to each their own.  I'd rather wait until they can decide and can take care of them on their own.  I also try to not cause my baby pain simply for for aesthetics.

This.

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"