Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Netflix on your Wii, Xbox, ect?

Any of you have the instant netflix? I am trying to decide if it is worth it or not! I got a Wii for christmas and thought maybe it would be a good idea.

Those of you that have it or have tried it, would you recommend it?

all of the movie talk reminded me that I wanted to ask you ladies this!

Re: Netflix on your Wii, Xbox, ect?

• Options
    We have it on the ps3.  There aren't a whole lot of movies to get on it instantly, but you get it free when you get netflix, so I would def. do it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    It's free if you already have a Netflix membership. Also, PP didn't know what they were talking about. You can get almost any movie instantly, you just have to use the search function.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have it for the Wii.  I think it's worth it just for the TV shows (e.g. seasons 1-6 of The Office and all five seasons of The Kids in the Hall).  Most of the movies I want to see are only available on DVD, though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We love it! For $20/month including Netlflix and xbox live, we get 1 DVD at a time and unlimited streaming. The streaming is plenty fast and good quality. We are actually ditching cable when we move and using the xbox only!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagedjfacemachine:
    It's free if you already have a Netflix membership. Also, PP didn't know what they were talking about. You can get almost any movie instantly, you just have to use the search function.

Not the majority of the new ones.  Mostly older movies and tv shows can be done instantly, but not even all of those.  I went through a House M.D. phase on maternity leave and those weren't available instantly. 

• Options

imagedjfacemachine:

Not the majority of the new ones.  Mostly older movies and tv shows can be done instantly, but not even all of those.  I went through a House M.D. phase on maternity leave and those weren't available instantly. 

• Options

We have it streaming to our Ps3 and we love it. I'm currently watching all the seaon of Law and Order:SVU. Plus we get unlimited dics in the mail (one at a time)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers 
    Pinterest:misskristina22
    Instagram:misskristina26
  • Options
    To get it through Wii do you have to have it connected to internet?
  • Options

imagecsells021383:

Yes.  There are adapters you can buy or you can do wireless.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagecsells021383:

Yes, as with the PS3, a Blu-ray player, a Roku, or any other streaming device.

I have the Roku, and I have a Blu-ray player that will stream Netflix. We have canceled our DVD service and pay a lower monthly fee ($7.99, I think) for unlimited streaming only.

The selection can be a bit limited, but as PPs said, it's good for TV series and older movies. There's also a decent selection of foreign films and documentaries. Overall, I do recommend it! 

"To me, you are perfect."

• Options
    We have it in our Wii and we love it!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
  • Options
    We got it at the beginning of the month. And I'm addicted. We stream through the Wii, but can also do it on the computer or through our Xbox. I've found a few TV shows on there that I'm now hooked on, and I've been able to watch movies that I haven't seen in years, or that I would never pay to see, but haven't seen come up on TV at all. We pay the extra $2 for the DVD too, so we can get some of the newer movies that aren't available on DVD. 
  • Options
    imageKJmashup:

imagecsells021383:

I have the Roku, and I have a Blu-ray player that will stream Netflix. We have canceled our DVD service and pay a lower monthly fee ($7.99, I think) for unlimited streaming only.

The selection can be a bit limited, but as PPs said, it's good for TV series and older movies. There's also a decent selection of foreign films and documentaries. Overall, I do recommend it! 

I saw that you posted about a German (i believe) film and that is what got me thinking about the Netflix a few days ago!

Thanks for all the feedback ladies! I think I am going to do it.. if only I can figure out how to connect my wii to my wireless?? I might be slightly technologically challenged...Embarrassed

• Options
    Love it!  We have it on the Xbox.  DH watches a crap load of documentaries, and there are gobs of TV shows and movies.  Anything I can't get through Netflix, I can usually get from Hulu.  We don't have any other sort of regular TV stations (not even local!)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I liked it at first but I went through all the good movies quickly. I'm actually thinking about canceling it. I am terrible about returning the DVD's and there really isn't much on the instant.
  • Options
    imageCam1027:
    imageKJmashup:

imagecsells021383:

I saw that you posted about a German (i believe) film and that is what got me thinking about the Netflix a few days ago!

Thanks for all the feedback ladies! I think I am going to do it.. if only I can figure out how to connect my wii to my wireless?? I might be slightly technologically challenged...Embarrassed

Setting up wireless is super easy if you already have a router. I just set up ours last weekend and it took about 15 minutes. They give you instructions with the wireless router.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"