Trying to Get Pregnant
Options

sleep deprived.. mattress poll

Hi!

So i am a very light sleeper and DH is a restless sleeper. This makes for a tough nights sleep for both of us. Im thinking maybe a new mattress might help, perhaps a temperpedic ot a sleep number? Do any of you ladies have a similar problem? how have you fixed it?

I feel like i havent gotten a good nights sleep in almost 4 years! Im so tired! lol

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: sleep deprived.. mattress poll

• Options

I just bought a down feather mattress pad cover. Can I just say it is like I am sleeping on a cloud! LOVE!

Way cheaper than buying a new mattress!

Married: 10/17/09
    TTC since 10/09
    DH's SA-Normal
    HSG-All clear!!
    BFP 5-19-11...Beta#1-13 Beta#2- 9 (m/c 05/23/11 @4w4d)
    Nov '11-Round one of 50mg Clomid=BFP!!!12-8-11
    Beta#1 12.13.11-160! Beta #2 12.21.11- 5100!!!
    Hunter Austin-Born August 12, 2012 7lb 12oz 20in long Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Congrats to my BFPB mrsbaker1128! Gavin Thomas and Landon David arrived on 6/27/11!!
    **Good luck to all of my loves as well!**
  • Options
    My husband and I have a tempurpedic and it is amazing!  I share with my husband and 2 dogs and sleep sound through the night, no notice of their movements. 

TTC since 2010

lots of IUIs and 1 IVF all BFNs

FET currently on hold

photo guiness-1.jpg

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We had the same problem. We went with a latex mattress last year...similar to Tempurpedic but supposedly stays cooler (which is an issue in our non-airconditioned house in summer). It's AMAZING. We both sleep so much better. Can't feel the movements a bit. It really made all the difference in the world.
    BFP#1 10/5/09 | Heartbeat 11/1/09 | D&C 11/24/09 (no hb)
    BFP#2 02/18/11 * Beta@15dpo=215 * @18dpo=698 * @20dpo=2337 * @25dpo=10,931 * DS Arrived October 24, 2011
    BFP#3 08/12 | D&C 9/12 (no hb)
    BFP#4 Due May 1, 2014 Stick baby stick!
  • Options

when DH and I got married, all my stuff went into storage - which means I was stuck with DH's waterbed that he'd had since the 80's!!

I hated that thing.   My back got continually sore.    I spent weeks 20-40 of my last pregnancy on the couch.   I spent the first 6 mo. of Bug's life on a daybed in her room.  

Finally I told DH this was absolutely ridiculous.   Time for him to grow up and get a big-person bed.     After many months of trying out different kinds over and over, we ended up with a mid-range priced TempurPedic.    I love it!

TTC#1 Chart
    TTC#2 Chart
    IUI #1 - #4 (repronex trigger) = BFN
    IUI#5 on 10/28/2008 ** BFP 11/10/08 ** EDD 07/21/09 *** It's a GIRL (07/14/09) AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    med/treatment free BFP 06/28/10. EDD 03/05/11 *** GIRL #2 (02/23/11)
    beta#1 @ 17dpo = 1296 .... beta#2 @ 19dpo = 3034
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    it's the Bug and Baby Belle!
  • Options
    I am obsessed with our memory foam mattress topper--it is amazing. DH loves it too! I highly recommend it.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Tempurpedic Cloud Supreme is the only way to go!!
  • Options

imageklspina:
    I am obsessed with our memory foam mattress topper--it is amazing. DH loves it too! I highly recommend it.

I second that! We love ours, and it's definitely a ton cheaper than buying a new mattress.

• Options

I woke up one morning with a sore back, like usual, and announced we were never, ever sleeping on that mattress again. There was no stopping me. It was the best decision ever.

We ended up getting a Serta pillow top mattress. I swear our lives have changed. It is like sleeping a cloud, I don't feel him move, and we got it at an excellent price from a furniture liquidation store. ($500 BRAND NEW for a queen).

We also tried mattress pads, and memory phone mattress toppers. They really didn't help much. In the end only a new mattress did anything at all for my sore back. I do have scoliosis though so its a little more sensitive than some peoples.

TTC #1 Cycle #2
  • Options
    My Husband and I bought the kind of mattress that has the individual springs in it, so when he moves he doesn't move the whole bed. It has to be flipped a little more the a normal mattress has to, but I love it. We can't even feel when the dogs get in and out of bed. We got our from Denver Mattress.
  • Options

MH and I have the same problem...we just bought a new Serda mattress 2 years ago and it is already hanging in the middle, it sucks. We were thinking about possibly getting a Tempur Pedic, too, so I am glad to read that you ladies who have one all like it!

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    imageleathersmel4:

I just bought a down feather mattress pad cover. Can I just say it is like I am sleeping on a cloud! LOVE!

I second this! Although, those Sleep Number beds are pretty incredible too!

Married 5/16/2010.
    Began TTC 12/1/2010.
    BFP #1: 2/2/11. EDD 10/11/11. Chemical Pregnancy 2/5/11.
    Dx PCOS 7/2011. Dx "Unexplained Infertility" 10/2011.
    BFP #2: 12/4/11. EDD 8/14/11. Missed Miscarriage found 1/11/12.
    BFP #3: 3/31/12. EDD 12/8/12. Carter Evan born 11/24/12.
  • Options

Now i have a question for you temperpedic ladies!

do you ever feel like you get "stuck" ive read some reviews that say that the if you try to change position in the middle of the night its uncomfortable...

how does the room temperature effect it?

• Options

imageiggy.d:
    We had the same problem. We went with a latex mattress last year...similar to Tempurpedic but supposedly stays cooler (which is an issue in our non-airconditioned house in summer). It's AMAZING. We both sleep so much better. Can't feel the movements a bit. It really made all the difference in the world.

iggy.d, where did you get the latex mattress, ive never heard of this before..

• Options
    A good mattress should help, however, do you watch TV before bed or go on the computer? That can also mess with sleep too. I notice when I am on the computer before bed, it takes me long to fall asleep. The brightness from the screen messes with you. I try to read a book or magazine before bed to prepare myself for going to sleep. Drink maybe a nice cup of hot cocoa or warm milk. That might help too.
    Married my best friend October 28th, 2005
    Found out we're expecting August 7th, 2013  
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker>
  • Options
    We had similar problems and bought a memory foam mattress from IKEA. It was really affordable, and we adore it. IKEA also has latex ones. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Formerly Otter*Pop
    Dx=Severe MFI IVF#1 with ICSI=BFP!
    Lots of love and luck to my TTGP IVF Buddy Kathy4678!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

That really sucks!  We started out that way, and I spent quite a few nights sleeping on the couch because I just could not sleep with his snoring and tossing/turning.

Seems like my body adjusted or something, because I could sleep through an earthquake now.  So I don't have any advice for you, just sympathy!  Good luck!

my currently-reading shelf:
    Jennifer's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options
    imagetigerhearted:

That really sucks!  We started out that way, and I spent quite a few nights sleeping on the couch because I just could not sleep with his snoring and tossing/turning.

Seems like my body adjusted or something, because I could sleep through an earthquake now.  So I don't have any advice for you, just sympathy!  Good luck!

Then you know my pain! my DH also has severe obstructive sleep apnea as a side effect of his asthma. so his snoring is terrible if he rolls on to his back. Sometimes i actually kick him out to the couch, but then i have trouble falling asleep because im alone. haha i cant win!

• Options

imageOtter*Pop:
    We had similar problems and bought a memory foam mattress from IKEA. It was really affordable, and we adore it. IKEA also has latex ones. 

thanks for the tip! i love ikea!

ill let you ladies know what we decide

• Options
    imageemmb52408:
    imagetigerhearted:

Then you know my pain! my DH also has severe obstructive sleep apnea as a side effect of his asthma. so his snoring is terrible if he rolls on to his back. Sometimes i actually kick him out to the couch, but then i have trouble falling asleep because im alone. haha i cant win!

LOL! Our couch back then was pretty small, and since I'm a tiny gal and hubby's a big guy, it was always me on the couch.  I didn't mind, it was a comfy couch, but it was still frustrating!

Hubby was recently diagnosed with a deviated septum and he'll be going in for surgery in the next month to get it straightened out.  Hopefully that will fix the snoring and let the poor thing breathe through both nostrils!

my currently-reading shelf:
    Jennifer's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
  • Options

I am a horrible sleep- toss and turn all night.  We recently bought a simmons beauty rest.  It has made a huge difference. 

The Beauty Rest is designed differently in that it has seperate air chambers so when you move, the other person doesn't feel you. 

Married 08/18/07
    BFP 02/15/11 EDD 10/27/11 Born at 35w3d on 09/25/11 
    BFP 10/13/12 EDD 06/25/13 Born at 37w0d on 06/04/13

BFP 12/11/15 EDD 08/23/16 Early miscarriage

BFP 02/02/16 EDD 10/16/16

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

BabyFetus Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"