Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Can I be nosy-- What do you pay for child care?

I am just curious how costs vary across the country.

We pay 125 a week or if i pay a month in advance there is a 15% discount.  I always try to pay in advance so it ends up being $425ish a month. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Can I be nosy-- What do you pay for child care?

• Options

DH and I have our schedules worked out so that we don't have to pay for child care. I'm here during the day and DH is at night. But most people I know seem to pay upwards of $600/month for child care here.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    FT $85 a week PT $20 a day, she used to be a single mom who need daycare and she was upset at how much it cost so she tries to provide cheap dc for other moms, I lucked out she is amazing with him and she is cheap
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well, I SAH, but my friend that has a baby the same age as DS pays $1200/month at the "nice" daycare in town. I'd say you're doing well!
  • Options
    MIL works at Kindercare so we get a discount and pay 20$ a day for Amya to go twice a week so whats that 40 a week, 160$ a month.
    photo b6d12d4a-3c41-4686-a0af-8cf854f979e4_zpsffdadc4c.jpg Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Holy cow. I want to know where these inexpensive day cares are! I pay $132 for 22 hours a week. Anything over the 22 hours is $8 an hour.
  • Options
    The daycare we selected was $1800/ month for a full time infant.

However, Kate can no longer go to daycare due to her health issues. I am also only going back to work for about 20-25 hours a week. We are hiring a part time nanny for 30ish hours a week and will be paying her $500/ week. So about $2,000 a month for part time care.
  • Options
    $750/month for 3 days/week, which is a really good deal around here, and she loves it there.
  • Options

We were paying $50/day or $200 for all 5 weekdays in the suburbs of Chicago for a woman to watch LO at her house. She watched 5 kids altogether. 

• Options

imageLCB34:

However, Kate can no longer go to daycare due to her health issues. I am also only going back to work for about 20-25 hours a week. We are hiring a part time nanny for 30ish hours a week and will be paying her $500/ week. So about $2,000 a month for part time care.

Holly Shizzzzzzz

Okay, so I am never moving.

Here I was feeling sorry for myself.  We can't have another baby until A) we move home and have super cheap dc (family) and/pr B) finish paying off student loans (AKA) the devil.  

Wow....that is about all I can say to $2000/mo. 

• Options
    We pay $195 per week for full-time weekday care.
    "To me, you are perfect."

• Options
    275$ a week for full time care in a center. No discount for paying up front or auto debit. I do auto debit becuase I always forget to give DH a check.
  • Options

$1,500+ per month. (we ended up having daddy stay home rather than pay this)

ETA: this is for a day care center. 

• Options
    DS is not in daycare but I watch my friends 14mo. old and they pay me $100/week. Its usually 4 days(28hrs) /week give or take. It helps them and it helps me make some $ while being able to stay home with DS 4days a week.
  • Options
    imagemcdmaw:

imageLCB34:

Holly Shizzzzzzz

Okay, so I am never moving.

Here I was feeling sorry for myself.  We can't have another baby until A) we move home and have super cheap dc (family) and/pr B) finish paying off student loans (AKA) the devil.  

Wow....that is about all I can say to $2000/mo. 

yeah, living out here in the boonies with all the crazy rednecks DOES have SOME perks. lol I only work one or two days a week right now, and we would pay $25 a day but the center we send her to is owned by a lady that goes to our church and is close with my IL's, so we only pay $15 a day.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Oh, and I'd like to add that what you are paying is pretty average for around here, from what research I have done. My theory on why we have such cheap daycare is that we just don't have any really good paying jobs in our area. There would only be a handful of people around here (mainly doctors) that could even afford $1000 a month for daycare on their salaries.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    In- home care- 165/week whether she goes 3 days or 5.  The daycare center was 355/week whether she goes 1 day or 5.
  • Options
    The DDs go to a center only open for employees of DH's office.  The Dutch government (we live in Holland) sets an hourly rate (6.42 euro per hour) for which they reimburse daycare but ours goes over it a by a little (6.70 euro per hour).  DD1 goes full time which is 1450 euro a month and DD2 goes 4 days for 1120 a month.  So it is a lot of money, in fact more than my post tax salary.  BUT DH's office covers 45% of that and the Dutch government covers about 40% so I am not complaining one bit.  Plus the daycare is excellent provides literally everything with the exception of diapers.  The system here actually works really well because all daycares cost more or less the same amount but the government reimburses a percentage of the costs based on your salary.
  • Options
    $9.50/hr. Right now she is there 3 days for 9.5 hours per day ($90.25 a day). And will go to 5 in March/April timeframe.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    $801.45/month for a daycare center.  This is in line with what we saw for church-based daycare as well.  The high-end chain type centers are more.
  • Options
    We won't need to worry about daycare until the summer when DH's business is back is season (for now, he takes care of it from home and stays with LO while it's not too busy), but starting this March we are hiring my sister as a part time nanny and paying $250/wk
  • Options

$1680 per month for our nanny.

she'll be here for 3 days per week @ 10 hours per day.

so $420 per week.

in other words- more than our mortgage. 

• Options
    We pay just $85 a week. We have a babysitter that watches M and her cousin.
  • Options
    imageVerbose:
    Well, I SAH, but my friend that has a baby the same age as DS pays $1200/month at the "nice" daycare in town. I'd say you're doing well!

Mommy to Briggs (8/22/10) and Helen (7/18/14)
  • Options
    We pay $28/day.  Sorry for the double post. ugh!

Mommy to Briggs (8/22/10) and Helen (7/18/14)
  • Options
    When I go back to work, we'll be paying $930 per month (which is pretty standard in my area). The one around the corner from work is $1460.
  • Options
    We pay $250 a week, which will double (obviously) when Bennett starts going. Our daycare lady is worth every penny, but the check does hurt to write. LOL.
  • Options
    My best friend watches DD 3 days per week. She's a SAHM and in the past when watching friends kids she hasn't let them pay. But we had a heart to heart and because they are struggling financially, my DH and I wanted to pay them something. She agreed to accept payment but wouldn't tell me how much. DH and I decided $20 per day. It's a win-win for both of us. They just had to buy a mini-van so it helps them out with that payment. The center DH and I were looking at using was $195 no matter how much they were there. It would've meant us doing away with cable/internet, deferring student loans, etc. So it is a win-win for all of us!
     BFP#1- 2/12/10 DD born 10/20/10
     BFP#2- 7/27/13 EDD- 4/5/13 CP 8/4/13 @ 5weeks1day
     BFP#3- 12/1/13 EDD- 8/10/14

• Options
    I have a private sitter and I pay her $125/week, which is a STEAL!! Daycare was going to run me $165/wk plus the medical bills of my baby always being sick!
  • Options
    We were doing $245/week whether he went 1 day or 5 at a church-based preschool/daycare. Now we do $25/day with a sitter only for the days he goes.
  • Options

imageKJmashup:
    We pay $195 per week for full-time weekday care.

This!

• Options
    We drop him off at a in-home d/c. It's $25 a day, and as long as we call before the drop off time in the morning if he's not going to be going in, we don't get charged for the day. So we only pay for when he's there. 
  • Options
    $130/week for 4 days a week. We (miraculously) got in at a great place and I consider this the steal of the century.

• Options
    Ours is craptastically expensive.  $890/mo.  However, we're on the waiting list for another facility (which is where we'd prefer to be anyway) and it's only $715/mo.  That is the rate for infants.  The price drops once they are older and out of diapers, and then once they are VPK age, it is almost half that due to state/federal grants.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    $180/week for fulltime care at B's daycare center, which we adore and which is worth every penny. 
  • Options

I found a really nice place, and we pay $475 ( this is for 2x week, my dad watches Jake 3 days a week ) roughly 60$ a day. Full time is $1000 a month. This was also the cheapest I found.

It is a lot, but I make way more than that so it is worth it for us. 

• Options
    I SAH...but I do so because it was $2400/month for full time care in Boston, and that was the LOWEST rate we found in our neighborhood.
  • Options
    Normally it would be $290/week but because she is only there 4 1/2 hrs a day I asked if we could pay half price & they said yes! We pay $140/week.
  • Options
    I am so jealous of all the cheap daycare.  $2058 per month is what I pay for 5 days per week.  And believe it or not, I had to put myself on a waiting list the minute I got pregnant to ensure a spot.  Can you believe there are 80+ people on a waiting list just hoping to pay that much per month?  It is ridiculous but unfortunately I live in an expensive area.   
  • Options

Ours is about $670 a month. It's actually the most expensive in the area (or one of the most expensive). It was by far my favorite when we were looking. They said they're going to be raising their prices soon, though.

With #2 on the way, we'll be looking at at least $1,400 a month for two. I haven't decided if it's worth it yet.

• Options
    I'm a sahm, but my sister was paying $600 a week for her nanny, so $2,400 a month. 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"